What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 9: Live Game Day Thread - Eels v Sharks, Saturday 05 May

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well it sounds like that's close to what BA wants, but for one reason or another we panic and get away from it.

That's almost exactly what we did last year, just run like lunatics and work off the back of that
Agreed...so is it a confidence thing? If BA is wanting that to be our structure and we’re not implementing it, then something needs to give.

Dibs

Bench
People will get excited by the last 6 minutes, just as they did the last 10 minutes against the Tigers when we were beaten, a better goal kicker would've nailed the kick, but goal kicking is just one of our many issues.

Realistically we were never in the contest for the first 74 minutes and questions have to be asked why we weren't.

I think I've probably seen enough this season to suggest the remainder of the season will be a wasted effort.
So we were out of it at 6 to 4 after Bevan’s try? We certainly weren’t in it for a fair amount of it, but 74 minutes is a poor exaggeration

Bazal

Post Whore
It would be much better if we all just watched eels matches in a dimly lit room with no access to any form of social media.

Much easier to slash one's own penis off if you aren't obsessed with what is being posted in a thread.

Don't be an idiot, you f**king log....we're Eels fans, we all slashed our penises off years ago

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
People forget that you can be a shit team and play finals footy. Don't even have to be Mr 50% sometimes...

Chipmunk

Coach
Really?

FFS, this is what people talk about when they bemoan the negative nancies...

A busted team doesn't come back like that, even if the Sharks did clock off. A busted team doesn't get around Moses like that. We played some dumb footy, but the heart and the desire is there. We just need to use our heads more often

You say it's meaningless, I say that's why we're not a write off yet even if finals footy is ostensibly out of reach.

Apparently that makes me a target, lol.

If we were better for the other 74 minutes we would've won the game, but we weren;'t and we've been poor except for two weeks against two teams that I'd be surprised come seasons end finish outside of the bottom 6.

Chipmunk

Coach
So we were out of it at 6 to 4 after Bevan’s try? We certainly weren’t in it for a fair amount of it, but 74 minutes is a poor exaggeration

You were watching a different game to me if you thought we looked like winning the game at 6 to 4.

Bazal

Post Whore
Agreed...so is it a confidence thing? If BA is wanting that to be our structure and we’re not implementing it, then something needs to give.

I think it was an overconfidence thing tbh, and that's now become a confidence thing.I think we expected to pick up where we left off, and we did, but then we failed to close out the Panthers game and ran into a disaster against Manly and players started to panic.

Lose a few games, "oh shit we need to win", play it safe, don't offer enough in attack, lose more games. I've been there.

I also think that the Sharks are just a team we struggle against. They play mucky footy and we aren't much good at that. We've struggled against them for years now, and it doesn't help as a player knowing that when you start to get behind in the game.

Kornstar

Coach
If we were better for the other 74 minutes we would've won the game, but we weren;'t and we've been poor except for two weeks against two teams that I'd be surprised come seasons end finish outside of the bottom 6.

So, Moses kicks that and we win in golden point what say you then?

Cause we’re were about 4 or 5 metres to the left away from going to golden point even though we were “shit for 74 minutes”.

Yep we lost, that is the fact but we lost by 2 f**king points and didn’t play our best. If it weren’t for the 6 games we’d lost in a row this loss after 2 good wins wouldn’t have this type of discussion.

I feel way better tonight than I did after either Penrith games and the last Sharks game.

Happy MEel

First Grade
We primarily set up all four tries tonight due to structure earlier in the set.

We just have to run hard and tackle hard.
I don’t mind a structured attacking move. But 5 hit ups and a bomb won’t win many games in the modern game.

Bazal

Post Whore
So, Moses kicks that and we win in golden point what say you then?

Cause we’re were about 4 or 5 metres to the left away from going to golden point even though we were “shit for 74 minutes”.

Yep we lost, that is the fact but we lost by 2 f**king points and didn’t play our best. If it weren’t for the 6 games we’d lost in a row this loss after 2 good wins wouldn’t have this type of discussion.

I feel way better tonight than I did after either Penrith games and the last Sharks game.

You know as well as I do exactly what he says if that happens.

But we can't say it because then we get shouted at and called nasty

Chipmunk

Coach
Anyway muppets, enjoy your dribbling for the rest of the season

Call me when we've got some better middle forwards

Catch you next season.

Dibs

Bench
You were watching a different game to me if you thought we looked like winning the game at 6 to 4.
Well obviously I was watching the game, f*cked if I know what you were doing. By your logic we were out of the game as soon as the ball was kicked off, surely you are not that moronic?

Latest posts