What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

JokerEel

Coach
Yes matto wasn't great there but the grading is BS. I'm not even sure he even watched the whole game with some gradings he dished out
Matto was actually apart from that very good.
He was also harsh on Penisini, Joe O and lenient on Lussick and RCG...I'm not convinced he watched the whole game saying he didn't even notice Maka on...

I kind of ignore the grade but read the comments.

Matto should be used as a second rower but last night BA moved him to the middle after Kelma came on..
He should have left Matto and pissed Lane off for Kelma..

emjaycee

Coach
3 times we ran on last with nothing on.
Not sure how it looked on tv, but at the game two of those plays to run the ball on the last was inside their 20 and i reckon it was the right call.

A kick sees Walsh attacking against a broken line of defence and who knows what that brings... by running the ball and bringing a handover at least lets our defence get set.

Soto

Bench
Parras crowds can be quite tepid. We need to get some excitement and get the crowd into it.
I've taken my son to Sydney Kings games and let me tell you it's a buzzing, vibrant atmosphere. Now the bloke who is at the helm of it all is Rob Chehadie. He was also once upon a time at Parra games geeing the crowd up. I'm pretty sure he's also an Eels supporter himself.
Crowds certainly play a part...I think the club needs to do better in this area. Fan engagement is huge in the US. There are learnings to be had here.

Soto

Bench
I kind of ignore the grade but read the comments.

Matto should be used as a second rower but last night BA moved him to the middle after Kelma came on..
He should have left Matto and pissed Lane off for Kelma..
I reckon Matto played even better when he went lock.
I'd like to see Hopgood run more instead of looking to pass. It's become a bit too obvious.
I wouldn't have an issue in starting RCG and Hopgood as props and Matto start at lock...Offa Paulo to replace RCG and Hopgood.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Crowds certainly play a part...I think the club needs to do better in this area. Fan engagement is huge in the US. There are learnings to be had here.

I think its hard for some fans to get excited watching us play, it all sarts on the pitch for mine , the other gimicks are mainly to stop the kids from being bored

JokerEel

Coach
Parras crowds can be quite tepid. We need to get some excitement and get the crowd into it.
I've taken my son to Sydney Kings games and let me tell you it's a buzzing, vibrant atmosphere. Now the bloke who is at the helm of it all is Rob Chehadie. He was also once upon a time at Parra games geeing the crowd up. I'm pretty sure he's also an Eels supporter himself.
We Have 2 rent an MC at the game they do multiple Stadiums..

The club clearly just looks at the commercial value instead of fan game day experience..

I see Andy Raymond also commenting on Eels post on the Facebook..

Get him on the microphone. (Maybe the club has reached out I doubt it though)

JokerEel

Coach
I think its hard for some fans to get excited watching us play, it all sarts on the pitch for mine , the other gimicks are mainly to stop the kids from being bored

Mate we aren't playing at suburban grounds.. Club needs to do better.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I blame the club for not explaining he history around the ‘parra in the tunnel’ chant prior to using it on an ongoing basis….they really dropped the ball there.

It is a tribute to former official and gear steward Denis Anderson who used to chant it for many years prior to us running out of the tunnel as a way to pump up the boys.

Denis passed away in 2019 and if I’m not mistaken have renamed the tunnel after him.

i Actually think poor ole Denis would be embarrassed by the concept of his own voice being used as a pre recorded rev up.

he was a true Parramatta man.

The tunnel is definitely named after him - if I'm not mistaken there is a sign inside.

But it doesn't make it a good chant.... the way they recorded it makes it sound like Billy Bob Thornton is delivering the lines as his character from Sling Blade. It is embarrassing....

Soto

Bench
The whole spectacle is in the form of entertainment and it's no doubt extremely difficult to cater for all demographics...they have tried and have done different things this year. Just feel we need to own it more...don't get me wrong would rather just see us win games but going to the footy is bloody expensive now and clubs need to do more otherwise it will just be a tv game

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The whole spectacle is in the form of entertainment and it's no doubt extremely difficult to cater for all demographics...they have tried and have done different things this year. Just feel we need to own it more...don't get me wrong would rather just see us win games but going to the footy is bloody expensive now and clubs need to do more otherwise it will just be a tv game

do we still have cheerleaders or has that avenue of entertainment been taken away from us as well ?

Eelementary

Post Whore

The crowd generally feeds off the team's performance - when they're struggling, the crowd is dead.

Gazzamatta

Coach
One of mates went to the game as his fiance is a Broncos fan.

Just messaged me and goes what derro did they pull off the street last night to sing Parra is in the Tunnel before they run out.

It just goes to show how clueless our club that it got signed off as a pump up as the players run out.
Sadly the method the message is communicated is a disservice to a good man whos contributions were significant.
MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
And that's why you want them pumped when they run out..the parra chant usually lasts about 6 seconds

I reckon we should forgo stuff like that, and play a song when the team is running on the field that will get people pumped.

Maybe something like "Thunderstruck", "Enter Sandman"...I don't know.