What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

T-Boon

Coach
I blame the club for not explaining he history around the ‘parra in the tunnel’ chant prior to using it on an ongoing basis….they really dropped the ball there.

It is a tribute to former official and gear steward Denis Anderson who used to chant it for many years prior to us running out of the tunnel as a way to pump up the boys.

Denis passed away in 2019 and if I’m not mistaken have renamed the tunnel after him.

i Actually think poor ole Denis would be embarrassed by the concept of his own voice being used as a pre recorded rev up.

he was a true Parramatta man.
I heard it at a local league game a few weeks ago. “Pickers in the tunnel”. Assumed it came form the US like “Sweet Caroline”.

forward pass

Coach
Anyone else think Gutho maybe should be playing at lock? His knees are screwed for fullback. In the middle he can follow the ball carrier all game, and chime in with a bit of playmaking when needed. He is a good defender and actually takes effective hit ups. I don’t see any point in him playing at centre. Not sure where that would leave Hopgood though.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Anyone else think Gutho maybe should be playing at lock? His knees are screwed for fullback. In the middle he can follow the ball carrier all game, and chime in with a bit of playmaking when needed. He is a good defender and actually takes effective hit ups. I don’t see any point in him playing at centre. Not sure where that would leave Hopgood though.
Gutho can play anywhere RL is a sport you can survive if you put the effort in.

emjaycee

Coach
If he was going to defend in the middle and in the front line, wouldnt he be best just moving into dummy half?

King-Gutho94

Coach
If BA could wind back time and have his time back 6 weeks ago.

Would he play Gutho at 6 and Blaize at 1 the moment Moses was injured. To save all this disruption every 2 weeks and potentially Gutho isn't injured right now with less kms in the knees in the halves.

Chipmunk

Coach
It's not the worse option I've heard.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he’d make a good hooker. He’s smart and he works hard. That’s most of it.