What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 20/5/22

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Brown hasn't bent the line in yonks, and his play the ball is one of the slowest in the comp. One is leaving and barely makes our top 17 while one of one of most highest paid forwards and meant to be a leader. As i said he looks a shadow of the player he was.
Thought his impact tonight was noticeable to be honest. We were struggling and he made a couple of big runs over the advantage line to get to a good kick. Ice on his ankle in the sheds, he’s clearly carrying the injury to some degree.

Black Magic 77

Juniors
Yep, he supposedly supports the premiers. Yet here he is trolling the team who hasn't won in 36 years at 11pm on a friday night. Insecure AF or this is as good as it gets for him. It's good to see the sheltered work shop stays open late on a friday night.
Good chat… I see I’m not the only one waiting for Parra to win something..

Soto

Bench
Just back from the game.
I haven't been as flat after a victory ever.
Our defence is plain and simply horrible.
I thought Paulo was terrible.
Wtf starting Nuikore again. The guy has no match fitness. Play him off the bench ffs.
Bench rotation again a massive WTF.
I'm glad we won but I hand on heart reckon manly was the better side.
The quicker Perham is gone the better. He tries hard but just does not cut it as a winger. Yes he's in because of injuries but I'd be looking at Cini, Naiduki or Louizou before him next time. Hopefully there is no next time.
Jake turbo clearly has a camping store as he lies all over the players all night...fair dinkum.
I still think we really lack footy smarts.
Once we have Waqa, Sivo/Russell we will be much better side.
I'm done. 2 pts is what counts. Hollow yes but we climb the ladder.
Condolences to @Avenger. God bless mate.

Gronk

Staff member
I’m home after the game. We all thought we were terrible and considered that Reg Paulo and Nrown were all playing busted.

We felt that Manly were all over us in tackle 1 & 2 and the ref did nothing and that always hurt our momentum.

We won ugly and really we did that without any of our players putting in a good knock. No standouts for me. Maybe that will change when I watch the replay.

Ricky’s mob next week in a day match.

Lol@Manly.

I hope the club’s standards are higher then. You know I analyse our games deeper than these other merkins. The shit BA says we plan to do, is the shit we ain’t doing. And it’s simple shit like engaging the ruck in attack, effort on effort in defence, etc. At least we have plan B Parraball it seems but plan A isn’t being followed and there’s no plan C after Parraball which is high risk.
We need to do more Parraball. Not all the time, and not just that, but we need more variety. And we have good offloaders. And we do too much one out stuff so we need to go wider more often. Aren't Melbourne now being praised for that?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I hope the club’s standards are higher then. You know I analyse our games deeper than these other merkins. The shit BA says we plan to do, is the shit we ain’t doing. And it’s simple shit like engaging the ruck in attack, effort on effort in defence, etc. At least we have plan B Parraball it seems but plan A isn’t being followed and there’s no plan C after Parraball which is high risk.
The plan is to control the ball and wear the opposition down. Once that's done it's shifting left or ball playing in the middle. That's what we got tonight. It's our defence that needs fixing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe it's harder to chase the collision each and every week when you are a 120kg mad merkin???
Having to make more than 20 tackles doesn't help his running game. Anyway given his footwork and ball skills, it wasn't optimal conditions for him tonight. He was brought back to the level of Manly's huge plodders.

Happy MEel

First Grade
No, we're able to offload at will when we play patiently and wear the opposition down. When they get tired from rushing up quickly the opportunities for offloads come more often. But without wearing the merkins down the offloads are too risky for the reward.
It was our offloads in the first half that got us field position after being smashed by their line speed.