What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 20/5/22

hindy111

Post Whore
My thoughts on the game.

I thought we actually started strongly and had the early dominance. The gutho try getting overturned knocked us around then all of sudden manly scored straight after and we were playing catchup for the rest of the night which isn't our strong suit.

Did we get some 50/50 calls yeah no doubt but f... me home ground advantage should count for something and i recall we have been screwed over at Brookie numerous times before by some ref decisions.

Swings in roundabouts and somehow Des Hasler whinges everytime we beat manly.

I watched the post game show when i got home on Ch9. Fittler brought up when talking to Moses how important Shaun Lane is and what a good job he does.

Would Freddy pick him for origin i doubt it. But the fact freddy brought up his name last year and actually mentioned his name to Moses in the post match ahead of other players makes me think he must watch him closely and rate him.

And some of the security guards are absolute wankers my brother got marched out with 25 mins to go due to association as one his mates who got asked to leave over asking some corporate staff when is the dessert coming out. Which never came despite being part of the package of the ticket.

No dessert, you got analed

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We’ve all felt at times “fk I wish BA would lose the plot at the ref”. But to his credit he never blames them. Makes wins like tonight a touch sweeter I reckon.

Especially when manly were blatantly cheating in the ruck. Teams against us are allowed to lay all over us and the ref gets penalty fatigued. Manly could've had double the amount of penalties against them for ruck infringements which would've seen Jurbo in the bin, and that Tuipulotu should've been in the bin too. Junior was sin binned against the titans for "forceful contact to the head" for his tackle on Brimson, he may have hit Perham's shoulder first but there was definitely forceful contact to the head.

But refs are scared of crisis merchants like Voss, Ennis, Gould, Rothfield and instead of officiating what happens they have in the back of their head they can't "influence the game" by correctly sin binning players and blowing 30 penalties

Stevie

Bench
My father who passed away today was a Parra fan and my son who was dad’s favourite said that Moses would kick the goal for deda.

God bless you, Mitchell.

We both cried as the full time siren sounded.
Very very sorry to hear mate, my condolences. I bet he would have loved that result.

Soto

Bench
To win a comp you need to have great defense. We leak too many points.
Our ruck defense is awful. So many teams hookers get a saloon passage. We made Lachlan Croker look like Harry Grant last night.
Defense is attitude. I saw Keppie make a powerful surge just before the grub got binned and he wanted it more.
I have to say he has improved massively. It does shit me how many ex players play their best game of the season against us.
Our forwards last night especially the middles were not good. Outplayed.
That was probably Jnr's worst game in a long time. It was meander up with no venom and looking to distribute when u need some big tough runs up the guts.
Were they worried of Jake picking them off? Run him over next time...

hindy111

Post Whore
My take on the game after a good sleep.
We are not at our best but beat a good Manly side who had probably their strongest line up of the season.
DCE was exceptional as was Jake. Schuster is a real talent also.

Jnr, Rcg have been a little flat. N.Brown doesn't look right.

Moses was solid. Made some great cover tackles. Just a few poor kicks was his only downfall. When he went off for a few mins Dylan took one long kick. Not very long at all. Dylan's short kick game is good however.

Lane and Matterson where great. Yes Matterson did a few poor things but that was due to effort and trying like the one on one strip. Both are great players.

Papali'i is hitting his straps now. Big loss. Same goes for Mahoney. He was very good last night.

Super Simmonson was all over the shop. Shame cause he was playing well prior. He is a solid player but won't be much more then that.

Perham is terrible on the wing but it isn't his position. I don’t think I'd have him on the win ever again. Lacks the instincts.

Do we need to go up another level? Yes we do. Can we? I think so. We need guys to be fit. Waqa, Sivo will add a lot to this side. Russel may even end up in the backline if Super Simmonson plays like last night again.

Kafusi, N.Brown and Makatoa are all going to be under the firing line also. But we'd need guys from NSW CUP to stand up.
Grieg and Rodwell might be the two smokies.

Best Canberra next week and we are on track for top 4.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Parra played 35 games at Commbank and still yet to lose b2b games yet. 75% winning record at home. Up there with the best in the league i would say behind Penrith and Melbourne.

I wonder what the record is most games played at a venue and yet to lose B2B games.

King-Gutho94

Coach
My take on the game after a good sleep.
We are not at our best but beat a good Manly side who had probably their strongest line up of the season.
DCE was exceptional as was Jake. Schuster is a real talent also.

Jnr, Rcg have been a little flat. N.Brown doesn't look right.

Moses was solid. Made some great cover tackles. Just a few poor kicks was his only downfall. When he went off for a few mins Dylan took one long kick. Not very long at all. Dylan's short kick game is good however.

Lane and Matterson where great. Yes Matterson did a few poor things but that was due to effort and trying like the one on one strip. Both are great players.

Papali'i is hitting his straps now. Big loss. Same goes for Mahoney. He was very good last night.

Super Simmonson was all over the shop. Shame cause he was playing well prior. He is a solid player but won't be much more then that.

Perham is terrible on the wing but it isn't his position. I don’t think I'd have him on the win ever again. Lacks the instincts.

Do we need to go up another level? Yes we do. Can we? I think so. We need guys to be fit. Waqa, Sivo will add a lot to this side. Russel may even end up in the backline if Super Simmonson plays like last night again.

Kafusi, N.Brown and Makatoa are all going to be under the firing line also. But we'd need guys from NSW CUP to stand up.
Grieg and Rodwell might be the two smokies.

Best Canberra next week and we are on track for top 4.
Our physical power game is flat atm. Generally the last 2 seasons we have hit a lull 10-11 rounds in.

Its a taxing game style we play especially the forwards.

I reckon the 10 most physical games i have seen this year 6 of them have involved Parramatta.

Penrith game i feel like we are still recovering from tbh which is a concern.

Maybe the influenza flu that hit the side that week has taken a little while for the guys to recover similar to covid could take 3-4 weeks to recover from.

Plus we have the grinding part of the season with origin around the corner. Where teams just want to get 2 points and move on to next week.

TheRam

Coach
Just back from the game.
I haven't been as flat after a victory ever.
Our defence is plain and simply horrible.
I thought Paulo was terrible.
Wtf starting Nuikore again. The guy has no match fitness. Play him off the bench ffs.
Bench rotation again a massive WTF.
I'm glad we won but I hand on heart reckon manly was the better side.
The quicker Perham is gone the better. He tries hard but just does not cut it as a winger. Yes he's in because of injuries but I'd be looking at Cini, Naiduki or Louizou before him next time. Hopefully there is no next time.
Jake turbo clearly has a camping store as he lies all over the players all night...fair dinkum.
I still think we really lack footy smarts.
Once we have Waqa, Sivo/Russell we will be much better side.
I'm done. 2 pts is what counts. Hollow yes but we climb the ladder.
Condolences to @Avenger. God bless mate.

I watch almost all Parra games on delay and that way I fast forward most of our sh*t play or losing games, I zip right through them the quickest, that way I save my stress levels and heart from exploding and overall sanity and less yelling at the tele. I'm just getting to old and tired of this same old crap. Last night was no exception. But I saw enough of last nights game to come to a similar conclusion as the post above.

We need to sack this coach now if we want to salvage our season and team from being a bottom 8 also ran next season. But of course we won't. I would bring in Flanagan as interim coach and see what he could do. We aren't winning anything this year fellas, so why not take a wild Hail Mary swing at it?

Latest posts