What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Parra v Manly GAME DAY THREAD at BankWest 23/5/21

Eelementary

Post Whore
He handled it way better than waqa tbh. I know they’re different positions but they defended on the same edge. Our entire right edge was the target and waqa was our weakest link. That says something when an 18 yo held his own. Also says something when a forward does a better job than you there too. If BA is serious
About our chances this season, he’s to make the call. Waqa has been a 3/10 this year. Statistically the worst defensive player in the game. Has he offered anything in attack in two years?

He handled himself well, but he did make some poor reads.

That's not a criticism - he's doing a great job, and especially considering he is only 18.

His job was made harder by having to defend on the same edge as Blake.

84 Baby

Referee
He handled it way better than waqa tbh. I know they’re different positions but they defended on the same edge. Our entire right edge was the target and waqa was our weakest link. That says something when an 18 yo held his own. Also says something when a forward does a better job than you there too. If BA is serious
About our chances this season, he’s to make the call. Waqa has been a 3/10 this year. Statistically the worst defensive player in the game. Has he offered anything in attack in two years?
3/10 is very generous.
He can do stuff in attack but he doesn’t have the work ethic and the pressure his defence brings offsets the limited attacking opportunities he does take.
If he is named this week, I think he should thank the Manly backrower for headbutting RCGs shoulder.

T.S Quint

Coach
He may have speed after he gets going. His footwork shot and so is his acceleration. And that's why he doesn't make line breaks as he was in 2019. He is cooked.
Whenever I see an opposition line break one thing I never see is either of our wingers flying down field to catch them. Anyone remember Luke Burt and Grothe? Nobody was scoring 70mtr plus tries against us
Our cover defense comes from Mahoney,RCG and N.Brown a lot of the time. It's very embarrassing. Unless BA is coaching them not to chase which I highly doubt. Part of a wingers job is to be alert for any line break and then chase.
Opposition's no we are slow and if get away it's a length of field try so they go for it far more often. If the result was only a 30mtr break before being caught the reward isn't as great considering the risk of attacking and pushing the ball. These are reasons Waqa is also getting exposed. He is facing far more decisions then normal. And as poor as his defense was the gaps where already there and so was the overlaps.

How many 70 plus metre tries have we been conceding this year?

Wally21

Bench
Fergo is finished up. Sivo has nothing except a barge over try and is very lazy. Blake is just hopeless at centre.

Bring in pensini at centre, dunster and Blake to the wings. They can't do any worse, and will also provide much much much needed speed
The concern with this is that people who have beenwatching Dunster and Pensini in reggies, are saying they aren’t setting the world on fire... is it worth the gamble?

JokerEel

Coach
We had alot of players walking in both grades on the weekend Lussick was not on very long and was walking there didn't seem to be much energy out there.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
The concern with this is that people who have beenwatching Dunster and Pensini in reggies, are saying they aren’t setting the world on fire... is it worth the gamble?

I remember all the experts saying that semi wasn't a first grader when he was in Reggie's, and we know how that turned out.

Sometimes, young guys don't play to their full potential in the lower grades cause the motivation isn't there. Once they hit the top grade, they explode

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Suggests that Sivo should be dropped and replaced by an inexperienced player.

Someone mentions that this could be risky.

In response, Sivo is then used as justification because he was inexperienced and he turned out fine.

@Hindmarshisgod2 may have reached new levels of stupidity.

84 Baby

Referee
I remember all the experts saying that semi wasn't a first grader when he was in Reggie's, and we know how that turned out.

Sometimes, young guys don't play to their full potential in the lower grades cause the motivation isn't there. Once they hit the top grade, they explode
As the saying goes, if they’re young enough, they’re good enough.