What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Parra v Manly GAME DAY THREAD at BankWest 23/5/21

IFR33K

Coach
I’m not slitting my wrists at this stage. We were never going to go through the season with only a loss or two. And turbo Tom will pull defenses apart as long as he’s fit. Currently the best player in the game. What I’d like to see thou, is waqa banished from the nrl team. We have a dead set liability out there, that just isn’t up to standard. He was absolutely horrible and been like that since 2020, without any sign of improvement.

Gronk

Staff member
This game also proved what Dylan Brown does for the side, hd was missed badly today. And lol @ Lussick on the bench, what a waste of a spot. Rheed made a few mistakes but he one of the few out there that actually troubled them.
Lussick made his debut bc maybe Reed might get selected for origin ?

Cloeel

Juniors
I am confused about all the carry on... it is our second loss for the season.

Manly always turn up for us and with Bozo passing they were only ever going to play out of there skin.

The scoreline flattered them. A few things go our way and it's a completely different game.

Id spend 5 minutes doing video and be straight onto next week against Souths.

84 Baby

Referee

Manly always turn up for us and with Bozo passing they were only ever going to play out of there skin.

The scoreline flattered them. A few things go our way and it's a completely different game.

I’d spend 5 minutes alone on the Gutho 20m tap where he ran 15m solo begging for some support runners. Given he also would’ve run the 20m plus the in goal area to take the tap, it’s pretty poor that none of his teammates could be f**ked

Gronk

Staff member

True, but it's a strong indicator that we can slip into old habits when the going gets tough. Agree that we have the luxury of being 9/2 so there is no need to abandon ship.

We should win the next games leading up to Penrith. Onwards and upwards.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He shouldn't have been picked, but should have played more minutes ! :rage:
Just more proof it was a waste of a spot, he’s not a flashy up tempo player either so he doesn’t add much when he comes on. Surely Roache would provide more for a 20 min spell???

Gronk

Staff member
Just more proof it was a waste of a spot, he’s not a flashy up tempo player either so he doesn’t add much when he comes on. Surely Roache would provide more for a 20 min spell???

Roache is on a development contract, so he has only become eligible Rnd 11.

I agree with you that Lussick offers little. Then again, Roache was McPlod in reggies.

T.S Quint

Coach
Not a great game. No patience and decision making was poor.

Can anyone in our team perform a simple draw and pass? Either pass too early (Opacic) or not pass at all (Sivo...who then drops the ball).

Manly’s defence was excellent and frustrated us into doing dumb shit. They deserved this win. I hope the team takes this as a learning experience that they can build on for the future. Arthur is always talking about patience and effort in his interviews and we showed very little of either yesterday.

Big game next week against Souths. They are capable of being beaten, but can also be a very hard team to beat. I hope we smash em.

T.S Quint

Coach
Sivo, Blake, and fergo need to go. If bushy had any idea, they will be in reserve grade. Bring In some juniors, surely they can't do any worse

Which juniors should we bring in that ‘can’t do any worse’?
Sivo and Fergo are doing fine. We have won plenty of games with them. Blake is a liability, but apart from Marata (who wouldn’t be classified as a ‘Junior’ at this stage) who should replace them?

Gronk

Staff member
Which juniors should we bring in that ‘can’t do any worse’?
Sivo and Fergo are doing fine. We have won plenty of games with them. Blake is a liability, but apart from Marata (who wouldn’t be classified as a ‘Junior’ at this stage) who should replace them?

You have Waqa Marata Oldfield and 17/18 year olds. We might need Marata in the middle if we get any suspensions.

Can I just say off topic, that Emu looks gassed after 10 mins in reggies. He played short stints and I worry if he ready to cover for Jnr or Reg if they are both picked for Origin. Also, why did Kafusi only get 20 mins yesterday ?