What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY thread (23/7/20)

Happy MEel

First Grade
In the energizer bunny stakes, we have the King, f**k Marshall.

The King 3 TA, 2 LBA

Benchi 1 LBA
Yep that was an odd comment. Who would you replace in our side to bring in Benji? He’d Take Field’s role in our team as a useful backup.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought Fergo was outstanding - I caught him revving the team up before half time, and the way he looked after Matto was a true veteran move.

He is brilliant - and his put down for his no try was absolutely filthy.

Moses was rusty, but good - once he gets his game fitness back, he will be even better

Mahoney was outstanding - played some real heads up footy, gave crisp service, and tackled his arse off.

Harry Grant is a gun, but I wouldn't swap him for Grant, tbh - I thought Grant was flashy, but Mahoney plays a game that will get you wins.

Enakeel

Juniors
Reed has been a net negative influence tonight, as he was last week. What the f**k is going on with him
Pretty obvious to anyone paying attention that’s he’s not playing at 100% hammy and quad strapped heavily. Trying his best at 50 percent and it was still better then Harry grant. Calm down ladies :joy:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Pretty obvious to anyone paying attention that’s he’s not playing at 100% hammy and quad strapped heavily. Trying his best at 50 percent and it was still better then Harry grant. Calm down ladies :joy:

Harry Grant was eye-catching with his attack, but I thought he was a bit lazy in defence.

Mahoney made an error, or two, but defended very well, provided crisp service, and made some great heads up plays.

Mahoney is a gun.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Harry Grant was eye-catching with his attack, but I thought he was a bit lazy in defence.

Mahoney made an error, or two, but defended very well, provided crisp service, and made some great heads up plays.

Mahoney is a gun.
Can’t agree their Eele. Mahoney was ordinary tonight, as he was last week. His service was poor IMO, he played a part in that first try for the Tigers and his decision making wasnt up to scratch. Grant outplayed him by plenty.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Can’t agree their Eele. Mahoney was ordinary tonight, as he was last week. His service was poor IMO, he played a part in that first try for the Tigers and his decision making wasnt up to scratch. Grant outplayed him by plenty.

I don’t agree.

Grant was lucky that the refs forgot what forward passes are; our markers not keeping an eye on him also made him look better.

I thought his service was crisper than Grant's.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fair enough mate. I think Mahoney got away with plenty from the ruck as well.

Yeah, probably right!

I'm just dirty that Leilua's try was off a pass that was a metre forward.

Don't get me wrong - Harry Grant is a great player.

But he threw quite a few forward passes, and he got away with it.

I found it funny that they called Blake for a forward pass, but let Grant's pass to Leilua go...

Eelogical

Referee
I don’t agree.

Grant was lucky that the refs forgot what forward passes are; our markers not keeping an eye on him also made him look better.

I thought his service was crisper than Grant's.
We were off our game tonight. I reckon that if the penalties and possession were much closer we could have been pounded like Gary's topflite in a sand trap.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We were off our game tonight. I reckon that if the penalties and possession were much closer we could have been pounded like Gary's topflite in a sand trap.

I saw it like this:

We were off our game.

The Tigers - missing some troops - were playing at their potential (or as close to it as possible).

And we still won comfortably.

I would have preferred an 80-minute performance, but I still find value in fighting back from a deficit - a feat which has historically eluded us in recent seasons.

Soto

Bench
Yeah, probably right!

I'm just dirty that Leilua's try was off a pass that was a metre forward.

Don't get me wrong - Harry Grant is a great player.

But he threw quite a few forward passes, and he got away with it.

I found it funny that they called Blake for a forward pass, but let Grant's pass to Leilua go...
Grant definitely threw a lot more fwd passes than Mahoney.
He has definitely brought the Storm playbook with him...fwd passes and lie all over the opposition as loooooooong as u can

Latest posts