1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rd11: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY thread (23/7/20)

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Jul 23, 2020.

1. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

I thought both 9’s were passing very flat last night, and pushing the boundaries of what actually is a forward pass.

Happy MEel and strider like this.
  2. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

I’m happy that we won.

3. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Reed definitely needs a running game. Cam, Cook and Grant seem to have the ability to get away from the markers and get players in motion. Whereas Reed just clears the ball (well) out of the ruck. I guess we do play with more width than other teams. Reed has plenty of upside, so there is no reason why he can be as good as those above him.

Reed usually has stats like 8/45m, which is not much different to his rivals.

4. strider

strider Post Whore

Ive had better

T.S Quint likes this.
  5. strider

strider Post Whore

No i thought it was a good win. The first 15 mins was shakey but other than that we did good. Tigers have been going ok. Their forwards play tough. They have several good hard tacklers. Our forwards n sivo got bent in half many times. Tigers arent a top team but they can trouble top teams on their day.

6. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

great fighting effort to come back like that but thats 2 weeks in a row now where we have had shit starts

7. chiefy1

chiefy1 Juniors

This farming cheeses me if,,,...

BA needs to tell Paulo not to offload on every occasion. Smart teams are stripping whenever Jnr turns in the tackle but the refs are deeming it a loose carry. Its costing us at least two errors in each match when possession is absolutely crucial.
    A great coach would get him to run straight and hard and occasionally offload

Why BA ???

hindy111 likes this.
  8. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Yes, i like it much more when we win than when we loose.

9. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

Without Harry Grant they're a bottom 4 team. Being at the game you see how much he directs them in attack, would be interesting to see how he plays when he doesn't have to make 65+ tackle attempts.

IFR33K, TheRam and Happy MEel like this.
  10. Gronk

They weren't offloading last night. Maybe 8 for the whole team and Nrown had 3 of those.

How many times has Jnr been stripped of the ball this year for this to be an actual problem ?

Obscene Assassin, TheRam and eels_fan like this.
  11. Gronk

His high tackle count is the enthusiasm of youth. Storm have a real gem there.

12. eels_fan

eels_fan Bench

he has barely offloaded at all the couple of weeks. You can see him think about it at pull it back in, his offload selection has Improved greatly.

these smart teams that you speak of, we clearly haven’t been playing them as the scenario you said has played out once, maybe twice, in the entire season. It’s a non-issue.

13. Soren Lorenson

Soren Lorenson Bench

Very kind of the Tigers to be hardening him up for the Storm, only for them to be mid table again. I'd be spewing if it was us.

14. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

Nice chaps.

15. eel01s

eel01s Bench

Re: Mahoney's running game, or lack thereof, I think he is playing the way BA wants him to play. Our attack is based on Moses and Brown getting the ball quickly and then directing the play. Can you imagine the Tigers attack if they had to rely on Benji and Walters?

I think Reed and Gutho do have a licence to run from dummy half when the opportunity presents.

On Grant, he was noticeably quiet in the second half once we gained the ascendency. His style is good when his team is going forward and markers give him room, which we inexplicably did for the first 20 minutes.

IFR33K likes this.
  16. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Fergo is the best hit up winger bar none. Runs straight, makes metres, consistently gets on the other side of the tacklers and has one of the fastest play the balls. If he is going through the motions, I look forward to what he can do when he tries

17. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

What was Mahoney's game like the first 15 minutes?

18. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Even when we were on top I thought we were giving him too much respect, the A defender backpedaling when he made runs. I know it’s a tactic to keep a straight line but against dummy halves like Grant, the B and out defenders just have to make sure they stay close while the A defender smashes the merkin.

19. Wally21

Wally21 Juniors

Agree his kick returns were better than Sivo last night

20. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Not as noticeably different as the difference in Grant’s game