What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2024: 750pm Eels v Sharks GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium May 30th

Legal Eel

Juniors
I agree Hands is no better than Lussick. He is just different. Hands is weaker and dumber, but quicker. Against a defensive line full of holes he can use his speed without the markers forcing him into a slow play-the-ball. And with Moses telling him what to do he doesn’t need to make decisions. Neither of the hooker options are first graders, as shown by their record in first grade.
You are an idiot and a disingenuous, malicious troll. It’s that simple. With you, it’s always that simple.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember some merkins whinging, when we had good depth and an ordinary top 17, that we needed to take risks and overload our 17, and forget about depth. I reckon they've been proven right.
I think our depth is a bit... Swiss Army knife plus young kids.
Which I’m fine with mostly. I’m a big proponent of loading your top 17, even down to your top 13. Because on game day they’re the only guys who get a run. Injuries are more likely to cruel a season, but they can do that regardless of who is in your squad.
Well said, merkin

84 Baby

Referee
Well said, merkin
Ok…. And? It doesn’t mean I’m happy when we lose or play poorly, nor does it mean that depth can’t or shouldn’t improve themselves. Plus many of the poorest performers have been those who are supposed starters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep. It was a sweet win, but the Sharks conceded 42 points at home last week. There is obviously something wrong there and we got them at a good time. Finally we got some luck.
Keep talking down the win you fake fan.

If we had of won and Bea Arthur was still coach you would have been singing it from the rafters and praising Sir Baldalot all you could. Fraud.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well then... I don't know why we don't do more of the kick for touch either!

Because kicking for the corner with a decent chase means trapping the receiver in the corner for the first tackle and then having limited options to pass for the second tackle.

If you just kick it out you concede possession to the middle, and their forwards can just amble onside for the restart. That's fine if you're looking to wind down the clock, but shit if you're trying to build pressure.

Of course it's all about the chase, as long as the kick is half decent. So the question shouldn't be why kick to the corners, it should be why is our chase so inconsistent.

JokerEel

Coach
Because kicking for the corner with a decent chase means trapping the receiver in the corner for the first tackle and then having limited options to pass for the second tackle.

If you just kick it out you concede possession to the middle, and their forwards can just amble onside for the restart. That's fine if you're looking to wind down the clock, but shit if you're trying to build pressure.

Of course it's all about the chase, as long as the kick is half decent. So the question shouldn't be why kick to the corners, it should be why is our chase so inconsistent.

I agree if you have a good kick chase kicking to the corners is the optimum plan.

Though saying that the Sharks were kicking our asses on our kick returns we needed to come up with a different plan.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok…. And?
And you were right.
It doesn’t mean I’m happy when we lose or play poorly, nor does it mean that depth can’t or shouldn’t improve themselves. Plus many of the poorest performers have been those who are supposed starters
Agreed, but I'm not the only one who identified Moses as our most important player. I have said plenty of times that his kicking game is key to our defence. I was also fairly deflated after the Manly game when we learned he would be out for months. I also predicted we would immediately improve when he returned, which was not a huge call. It doesn't exactly make me @The Predictor

The Storm's win rate fell off a cliff without Cam Smith, so it's not like we're the only club to ever rely on a player. It's true Moses isn't Smith, but we aren't the Storm either.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Agreed. Thus Kennedys long range try.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
While we are having a therapeutic discussion on Hands/Lussick does anyone want to put their hand up and admit they got is vastly wrong about Joe Offa?

Gazzamatta

Coach
While we are having a therapeutic discussion on Hands/Lussick does anyone want to put their hand up and admit they got is vastly wrong about Joe Offa?
I wasnt impressed last year but hes definitely a solid contributor this season and one of our best during the bad weeks. Id like to hear more but he appears to be a bit of a leader as well. Another who I wasnt impressed with was Tuilagi. These past 2 games he has been great. Still not perfect but hes got some X factor about him. TB has obviously pressed his right buttons.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I wasnt impressed last year but hes definitely a solid contributor this season and one of our best during the bad weeks. Id like to hear more but he appears to be a bit of a leader as well. Another who I wasnt impressed with was Tuilagi. These past 2 games he has been great. Still not perfect but hes got some X factor about him. TB has obviously pressed his right buttons.
With Kelma its hard to make an impact playing 15-20 mins.

I think that shoulder injury he got against Penrith probably hasn't been 100% though since round 2 until the last few weeks.

More game time would be giving him more confidence.