1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Aug 9, 2020.

1. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Taka was apparently a standout as a winger last year. That comment is a standout for the most shortsighted comments on the forum

2. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Go back and watch the highlights. But anyway, of course the fans will accept mediocrity if the coach is willing too as well

3. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Of course fans will accept players have 2 ok games at a position as a sign they should replace an Origin player or last years leading tryscorer. Why not drop both of them and have our wingers as Taka and Genko, he was a standout in 2018

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  4. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Fergo also hasn't been explosive but he makes close to the 150mtr a week mark.
    Sivo often makes under 100mtrs.
    He made 50mtrs against Sharks and 20 of those come from a line break. Another difference if Gergo runs hard at the line while Sivo half the time jogs up to it and surrenders to defense.
    When you also add in his poor reads in defense, lack of general skills and average under the high ball then he needs to be charging like a bull to make up.

Look at GJ. Not as dynamic but makes 150mtrs a game and is a smarter player then Sivo. Has more skill and game awareness. Yet people hated him on here.

Eelementary likes this.
  5. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Dunster or GJ are only 2 I'd consider.
    Taka only if injury

6. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Remember when Bevan French made 15m in a match and could not even ruck the ball up at fullback ? Good times.

Eelementary likes this.
  7. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Sorry mate, go back and read the previous posts. I never singled out our wingers. I mentioned 3 players, it was gronk that mentioned them and I responded. And nor am I calling for a permanent reshuffle. Just for a week to get all 3 firing how they should be.

let’s be honest here, has waqa been an improvement over taka? It’ll be a matter of debate if so. Fergos form is down and sivo is leaking tries like a sieve

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  8. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

It's about effort. Ponga and Tedesco run the ball 20+ times nearly every week. Sivo has averaged fewer than 12 runs since round six, and he is trending downwards.

9. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

Ferguson is one of our best at bringing the ball off our line. His go forward is awesome. Plus he has a high workrate. The game on the weekend was the first time this year he made fewer than 15 carries (he made 12).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Eelementary likes this.
  10. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

So you’re not singling out our wingers, just 3 players, 2 of whom are our wingers?
    I will concede that I think Sivo needs a bit of a look, but I think part of his problem is laziness and part is not wanting to f**k up. The first part needs a rocket, the second part would be made worse with being dropped. He needs a friendly rocket like Menko or Gunco in his ear hole telling him to f**ken rip the opposition apart. It wouldn’t have the same impact BA telling him to outside the game. If BA should be ripping into anyone about it, it’s Gutho.
    Fergo on the other hand despite zero tries and his brain farts, has been averaging 150m a game. You aren’t going to get that from Taka. You might get it from Genko, but then you’re just swapping one set of brain farts for another. Plus I don’t think Fergo would benefit at all from being dropped, he’d come back the same with one less game to get off the nudie run, so potentially even more brain farts.
    Blake was dropped at Panfas and it hasn’t changed anything. I reckon his problem is technique, very arm grabby, which I’ll agree with you is a lot on BA to fix. But dropping him isn’t going to improve his technique.
    If you’re idea is about season management to keep the players fresh, I’m 100% on board. But then who are you going to blame when Taka, Genko, Billy Smith or Dunster don’t play very well?

Eelementary and Obscene Assassin like this.
  11. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Sorry mate. Next time I single out players, I’ll single out the ones in form.

12. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

What? You said
    Who the f**k are you mentioning then if it’s not Fergo, Blake and Sivo?

13. yy_cheng

yy_cheng Coach

I recall when gutho first played for us on the wing. He dropped Bomb after bomb after bomb.

He worked on it at training and is now one of the safest under a bomb

Sivo needs to do the same coz I think it will cost us in the near future

Eelementary likes this.
  14. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

I never solely mentioned the wingers. I mentioned 3 players. Gronk mentioned the wingers only and now you’ve become fixated on them

15. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

My take on Sivo

His confidence can get rattled early and the opposition is onto it. Belt him early and if there is an error there he is gone for the match in terms of energy by the looks. Fergo being more experienced cops a bashing or error early but keeps going throughout and looks to contribute

Eelementary likes this.
  16. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Legit have you read your own posts?

17. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

This morning:
    So yeah you haven’t singled out the wingers. You’ve singled out the wingers and a centre.

18. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Where’s @T-Boon? Random players dropped each week to keep everyone on their toes, yay or nay?

19. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Correct. I’ve singled out the wingers and a centre! The 3 players they have had a few issues in recent weeks. Did I mention the wingers on there own? No I did not. If you’re happy with their form Then I’m glad for you! The semis aren’t to far away, If the issues aren’t addressed in the coming weeks, do you think they’ll be addressed for the semis?

20. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Sorry mate I’ve already answered my thoughts on 2 players’ forms and 1 player’s technique

IFR33K likes this.