What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14 2024: Eels v Bulldogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium June 10th

Suitman

Post Whore
That was the difference, we were down there so many times and came away with zip.

This will be controversial, but Sivo running over that winger with the head gear from 15m out in the corner all day.

That's not controversial.
Anyway, we are f**ked this season.
If we can't beat a shite Bulldogs today, we ain't winning anything, let alone making the 8.
We're toast.
Cheika.

Absolute rubbish.
We had plenty of opportunities to nail that game today.
The team as a whole had already done enough to win that game. The selection of ASI is what cost us. It was on the Paul Carige levels of shit. That how bad his defence was, but I blame the coach for picking him. It pains me to say this but the shit Harper would have done a better job defensively.

Delboy

First Grade
That was the difference, we were down there so many times and came away with zip.

This will be controversial, but Sivo running over that winger with the head gear from 15m out in the corner all day.
When you enter the season with only 6 backline players in a light top 27, then stands to reason injuries in that area will stuff you. Couple that with the fact that no move was made to understand that speed was a growing factor. The bone headedness to not make any serious moves in season just confirms how out of touch the R&R team was.

To illustrate the point, even TCT pointed out before the season that the roster was unbalanced and short, and most would suggest they are just cheerleaders.Terrible and basically inept . Asi is a reserve 6 at best, how many times did they score down that edge. How short would the team have been if Talagi hadnt matured so quickly.

Harper seemed to be signed with one foot on the plane to SuperLeague, how depressing.

Last edited:
When you enter the season with only 6 backline players in a light top 27, then stands to reason injuries in that area will stuff you. Couple that with the fact that no move was made to understand that speed was a growing factor. The bone headedness to not make any serious moves in season just confirms how out of touch the R&R team was.

To illustrate the point, even TCT pointed out that the roster was unbalanced and short, and most would suggest they are just cheerleaders.Terrible and basically inept . Asi is a reserve 6 at best, how many times did they score down that edge. How short would the team have been if Talagi hadnt matured so quickly.

Every Bulldog try was down ASI’s side. I blame Barrett more so for picking him. ASI even at 6 is a poor defender. What does Baz go an do? Picks him in a crucial defensive position.

We lost that game solely on ASI being chosen. It’s the not kids fault but Barrett’s. he should have known. As soon as he was named I knew we were done.

Moses had a bad second half and typically Brown missing again. But we still Should have won.

JokerEel

Coach
Russel is a solid NSW cup player. He isn't an NRL level.

He is a decent backup.

Asi Russell Hands Lussick Blaize all decent backups but should not be playing more than 5-10 games a season and should not be playing together In first grade ffs.

I can see Lomax playing centre next year..

JokerEel

Coach
Every Bulldog try was down ASI’s side. I blame Barrett more so for picking him. ASI even at 6 is a poor defender. What does Baz go an do? Picks him in a crucial defensive position.

We lost that game solely on ASI being chosen. It’s the not kids fault but Barrett’s. he should have known. As soon as he was named I knew we were done.

Moses had a bad second half and typically Brown missing again. But we still Should have won.

Russell was outpaced as well..

A few times we made a break down that side but had no speed to take advantage of it.

Agree we should have won

Latest posts