What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14 2024: Eels v Bulldogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium June 10th

Just thinking back to all the tries conceded down ASI side. They were all basic training park moves. Nothing tricky about them. You just knew when they ran that side, they’d score. Never ever seen anything like it.

eels_fan

First Grade
Barrett said in the press conference that he shouldn t have played Hopgood as he has a nerve issue in his back… so why play him??

only us, tigers and maybe titans would have lost that game being up by 10 and the opposition lose a man. Every other team puts their foot on the throat

Parra Pride

Referee
Funny thing was at the ground sitting on that side, after Carty's pass went over the sideline it seemed like both Carty and Moses gave Blaize the look as if it was his fault for not having accelerated.

Possibly a set move and Talagi was a second behind the timing?

Carty did some really good things in attack today as the game went on.
Had that thought watching it live, if Talagi was running onto it there's a half chance there. Blokes on this team are still coached to assume they have Semi on the wing I swear.

Soto

Bench
Moses need to own that 10 min period...he didn't.
He was very good but crucial moments like missing that field goal in front, passing that ball/dropping it to RCG and putting up a lolli pop kick to Treacy...
He needs to ice these moments...
There really is no killer instinct in this club

Incorrect

Coach
During the pre-season, Sixties interviewed Mark O'Neill and appeared star struck and asked no tough questions. He was as flaccid as our defence. TCT are nice fellas but are way too diplomatic and lack the balls to point the finger at the usual suspects. They rarely gave it to BA and almost had a cry when he was sacked.

Mark O'Neill needs to be thrown out on his ear. Let's see how they react if that (hopefully) occurs.
If I were to guess the questions he asked, it'd be something along the lines of;

* Just why do you think you've been so good in this role for Parramatta for so long?
* Do you prefer blue or gold? Or are you like the rest of the TCT crew and believe you can't have one without the other?
* Would you like to sleep with my wife/significant other??
* Can I get a selfie with you? Before, during or after the above is OK with me....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just finished watching it on delay after work. No public holiday in QLD.

The period when they were down to 12 men was crucial. We needed to threaten them more. I think the 18-10 lead flattered us though given the penalty count.

Burton's bombs are f**king mental and as much as I dislike him, Crichton is a superstar. They are a team on the rise.

Overall, disappointing but still an improvement on some of the shit were serving up a month or two ago.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
He was very good but crucial moments like missing that field goal in front, passing that ball/dropping it to RCG and putting up a lolli pop kick to Treacy...

:confused:

All true, but Dylan was even worse. What did Dylan contribute apart from hiding on the field and dropping the ball at the crucial moment? He was rubbish

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If I were to guess the questions he asked, it'd be something along the lines of;

* Just why do you think you've been so good in this role for Parramatta for so long?
* Do you prefer blue or gold? Or are you like the rest of the TCT crew and believe you can't have one without the other?
* Would you like to sleep with my wife/significant other??
* Can I get a selfie with you? Before, during or after the above is OK with me....
If I were to guess the answers

* My experience as a trolley boy really set me up for success
* I prefer black and gold
* Sure, it's got to be better than Sarantinos
* During is fine

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What really annoys me with that loss, we've made the Bulldogs look like theyre a top 8 side which to me they are not but I guess that shows the quality of the competition.

They shouldve taken control leading 18-10 but blew it with some bad errors and poor miss tackles. Their heads went down after conceding the next try and struggled to get out of trouble.

So typical.

The TCT podcast was strange, anger at how we played but no real blame on the clubs admin.

Worth reading the replies to the podcast, no one held back and the comments here on LU seem tame in comparison.
They do work for the Leagues club. Says heaps. How can they be partial?

Homo man69

Juniors
I'm truly embarrassed by Parra. I'll say it again, ever since the 01 GF loss our culture has been atrocious. Melbourne are consistent week in and week out. They play like each week is a state of origin. Our team list is better than Melbourne but our players don't care about the club.
Our new coach needs to invite the 80's players back into the club. Just have them around the club. Teach our players about the glory years.
I played Harold Matt's with Geoff Bugden as my coach. Just him telling us stories about the glory years and how he bled blue n gold improved my game out of site. He'd make us think the opposition were our enemies with language i couldn't repeat.
The club has no connection to the heart and soul of our club. We need a coach that's fierce. I personally think Checkers is a bad idea. Someone like Ennis is my pick

emjaycee

Coach
Just thinking back to all the tries conceded down ASI side. They were all basic training park moves. Nothing tricky about them. You just knew when they ran that side, they’d score. Never ever seen anything like it.
You mustn't have watched the second half of the game in Darwin this year.

Soto

Bench
Today also proved why we need a complete coaching overhaul.
I'm now convinced it has to be Ryles...need that winning attitude, approach and hard edge.
If not Cheika.
Unable to shift a player to centre when Asi was getting a bath showed how dopey our coaching staff is. All of them need to go.
Blind Freddy could see it. The defensive coach is the first who needs to go as well.
New coach needs to change the defensive structure and needs to sign 4 speedy outside backs.
I hope Barrett starts wielding the axe now and promotes young blokes.
I think Cini, Doorey and Guymer come into calculation.
Cini on the wing and Russell in the centres today would've been better. (Or Harper)
Asi tries hard but he's a half...