What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rd14 v Manly

Doomednow

Bench
We definitely seem to have a problem getting over the try line. Enough attacking sets just short just not enough tries. Surely that's poor coaching with no decent set plays.

martielang

Bench
We've been this way for the last 5 years though, so its rough to solely point the finger at Griffin.

Exsilium

First Grade
We just need some continuity. The storm, Sharks,Cowboys and Broncos have all had plenty of time to gel. Especially the Sharks.

We will improve over time.

TheFrog

Coach
It is in stark contrast to 2003 where Lang said something like " they can score as many points as they like, we'll score more!"

Defense was crap but attack won us the GF.

I think attack got us to the 2003 GF but defence won it.

ACTPanthers

Bench
We've been this way for the last 5 years though, so its rough to solely point the finger at Griffin.

Who else do you point the finger at though? I mean, the structure of the team and the game plan would be set by the coach, so it'd have to fall on him in some way or another. The fact is, coaching is a tough gig, but they know (or at least should have an inkling) that they are going to wear a majority of the flack should the team not perform. This is totally fair in my opinion, given they are the Captain of the Ship, they should shoulder the brunt of criticism when it comes to game plans.

franklin2323

Immortal
Who else do you point the finger at though? I mean, the structure of the team and the game plan would be set by the coach, so it'd have to fall on him in some way or another. The fact is, coaching is a tough gig, but they know (or at least should have an inkling) that they are going to wear a majority of the flack should the team not perform. This is totally fair in my opinion, given they are the Captain of the Ship, they should shoulder the brunt of criticism when it comes to game plans.

What more can he do? He's trying new things. Soward has been terrible this year and got the ass the week after Seg was dropped. He's trying things much better then Cleary that went with the same old every week

franklin2323

Immortal
Soward has been well below ...

His defense at the line is almost non existent.

Had to happen...

This is the thing. His 4 try assists alone is bad enough throw in his defence and it's about time. No Hiku and Soward our defence will be much better for it

BxTom

Bench
This is the thing. His 4 try assists alone is bad enough throw in his defence and it's about time. No Hiku and Soward our defence will be much better for it

That is true, but Mansour, whilst a good player in most respects, will still be out position and allow the line to be open. Although it may improve if he doesn't feel the need to try to cover for others.

Tom.

GongPanther

Referee
In the 34 games since we beat the Titans 40-0, we haven't beaten anyone by 30+, and in fact have only scored 30 or more ourselves in 3 of those games (2 of them were exactly 30).

I'd say this is why the halves situation had to change to deliver more spark into the attack.

Some will call this a dramatic change,but a change that had to eventuate.

ACTPanthers

Bench
What more can he do? He's trying new things. Soward has been terrible this year and got the ass the week after Seg was dropped. He's trying things much better then Cleary that went with the same old every week

With team selections, yeah, he is - But as someone above me posted, that's not all the coach does - My main point was that someone is going to be blamed when we have a seemingly non-existent game plan, or deficiencies aren't being addressed (from what we can see anyway).

franklin2323

Immortal
With team selections, yeah, he is - But as someone above me posted, that's not all the coach does - My main point was that someone is going to be blamed when we have a seemingly non-existent game plan, or deficiencies aren't being addressed (from what we can see anyway).

My point is a new coach starts a week before pre season training begins. He has limited say in the roster can put all the plans in place but can't do them himself. Soward even said he didn't follow the game plan a few times this year. So what can the coach do? Bring in someone new who will or will suit the gameplan better

franklin2323

Immortal
There's a lot more to coaching besides selecting the team.

of course. We have no trouble signing or re-signing players he had no say in coaching staff or players. Aside from Seg the players don't seem to have an issue with a coach. We are blooding new players and signing external players.

Exsilium

First Grade
I feel we aren't as good as some think. Our coach is holding players accountable and that sets a good culture and foundation for future performance. We have a young playing group with a mixed mash of players of different styles and griffin is trying to involve everyone into the team.

I'm dont mind griffin at all. He may seem like he has no idea but a lot of brisbanes current crop of players were brought in under him and look at them now.

franklin2323

Immortal
I feel we aren't as good as some think. Our coach is holding players accountable and that sets a good culture and foundation for future performance. We have a young playing group with a mixed mash of players of different styles and griffin is trying to involve everyone into the team.

I'm dont mind griffin at all. He may seem like he has no idea but a lot of brisbanes current crop of players were brought in under him and look at them now.

We are stock full of internationals, SOO reps and kids that have dominated lower grades. We are a good side on paper we just need to coach to get the players playing as such

martielang

Bench

Two rounds ago the majority of people were happy with how we were travelling. Our attack whilst not where we want it to be, was improving. We have a couple of rough games, one which was horrendous (but still should of won), the other where we were just beaten by a great side in terrific form, and people are acting like the sky is falling in.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Two rounds ago the majority of people were happy with how we were travelling. Our attack whilst not where we want it to be, was improving. We have a couple of rough games, one which was horrendous (but still should of won), the other where we were just beaten by a great side in terrific form, and people are acting like the sky is falling in.

Hang on there champ, where does it say in my post I think "the sky is falling"? I was responding to a post that said the coach can't be blamed, I was merely pointing out that as a coach, he most definitely should be in some capacity.

Now, if I'd said something along the lines of "OMG!! The coach sucks balls and we'll never win another game with him there!!!!!!!!!" then sure, you'd be right in pointing out the overreaction... but I didn't.