What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rd14 v Manly

Doomednow

Bench
Griffin has been praised for nursing juniors into first grade well and not much else. I feel like that's not a prime indicator of a good coach. I haven't got my pitchfork out yet but I'm not confident we'll be seeing much consistent success with him.

martielang

Bench
Hang on there champ, where does it say in my post I think "the sky is falling"? I was responding to a post that said the coach can't be blamed, I was merely pointing out that as a coach, he most definitely should be in some capacity.

Now, if I'd said something along the lines of "OMG!! The coach sucks balls and we'll never win another game with him there!!!!!!!!!" then sure, you'd be right in pointing out the overreaction... but I didn't.

Sorry I didn't mean to point the finger/quote you, I must of been reading your post at the time.

murraymob

Coach
If he picked the same team every week what would you lot be saying.Grab the pitch forks chase Griffen.He has droped 2 guys by the own admission are out of form.They can and will fight back .For to long at this club the easy option has been the way .Griffen has put all off them on notice and it's great to see

GongPanther

Referee
If he picked the same team every week what would you lot be saying.Grab the pitch forks chase Griffen.He has droped 2 guys by the own admission are out of form.They can and will fight back .For to long at this club the easy option has been the way .Griffen has put all off them on notice and it's great to see

And who knows.A bit of dissent tends to creep in when things are not going smoothly.

Things will iron out when we win by 40 on Sunday.

franklin2323

Immortal

That was my issue with Ivan as coach. He had too much faith that it would just click

betcats

Referee
Its a big ask for Cleary to play halfback without an experienced halves partner. Wallace and Moylan will have to be switched on. I hope we put Moylan at 6, his recent 'origin style' hitups and kick returns might not be overly effective(he does well with it considering his physical limitations) compared some other fullbacks but one thing it shows is he is prepared to run at a set line and take a hit. One thing that is vital for any half to be effective is that willingness to play at the line and get smashed. You can have all the talent and skill in the world as a half but if you aren't prepared to run the ball and play at the line you wont be very effective. If a half isn't engaging defenders and getting them in two minds then he will struggle to create anything for the guys around him and often they will force a pass or a kick that's not on instead of just digging in and taking the tackle.

Last edited:

Black Magik

Juniors
I'm different. I think a young half with good skills would prefer to be able to do their own thing and learn from the result.

I wished TMM was given that chance.

I think we will see Cleary do really well directing our team around and setting up plays.

franklin2323

Immortal
100% his best asset is his ability to steer a team around the park and get them into winning positions.

He needs to be left to do this.

I think he will be left to his own game. Bryce, Moylan etc can chime in and we get a convincing win.

I think there's room for Soward in our team just needs a month or so down to get some form

TheStrategist

Juniors
Your coach is part of the reason your team is so inconsistent, how many 5/8's has he tried now.. when all he needed to do was move Moylan to 5/8 and DWZ to Fullback bring in Edwards on the Wing oh but nevermind hes playing second rowers as playmakers ahahaah joke team.

Your coach is part of the reason your team is so inconsistent, how many 5/8's has he tried now.. when all he needed to do was move Moylan to 5/8 and DWZ to Fullback bring in Edwards on the Wing oh but nevermind hes playing second rowers as playmakers ahahaah joke team.

Yep. We're inconsistent. That's why we are relatively competitive for 80 minutes every week. I can't think of any other team that decides to play well for 20 minutes basically every game and then can't be stuffed for the rest.

Pomoz

Bench
What idiot decided to move Cleary and Edwards from NYC? It's all gone to custard since they did that, they haven't managed to get 70 points for two weeks in a row. 60 point mediocrity here we come ffs.

Latest posts