What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15 2024: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium June 15th

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Plenty of things to discuss....

but 12 mins into the second half, previous tackles we are making metres at will.

We are around 30 metres out, roosters are gassed, their right side is all offside, all set, ref decides to put the whistle away.....momentum changes at that point..

Should have been a penalty, I am sure refs are conscious of not giving one side to many penalties even when it's deserved......
You’re kidding surely .. we had plenty go our way. No one to blame but ourselves.

Soto

Bench
At least Barrett didn't dribble on front load, chase the collision BS. He actually spoke well. He pinpointed times in the game where we let ourselves down and where we needed to be better.
Refreshing because he does appear to know what he's doing and has a good understanding. Stated you got to make the most of the opportunities especially against the good teams.
I feel for him as I actually reckon we are definitely playing better now than anytime this year but the belief, confidence and spirit is broken...it's going to take time, new personnel and mindset to change the shitshow we are in at the moment

Soto

Bench
Barrett has no vision for selecting the likes of Asi and Lussick when blind Freddy can see they aren’t up to it. He had a chance to put his stamp on the team by trying something new instead of the same thing that’s been letting us down all season but he didn’t do it.
This is the problem...too much of the same as Arthur with these selections.
They have barely delivered so why keep picking them..strange but maybe we genuinely don't have anyone else because our narrow roster...aren't we still going with a top 27 or so...just plain fkn dumb

the phantom menace

First Grade
Refreshing because he does appear to know what he's doing and has a good understanding. Stated you got to make the most of the opportunities especially against the good teams.
Sounds like he at least acknowledges our attack needs further improvement or focus at key times - unlike some "experts" on here who spent the week trying to argue with all and sundry that only our defence cost us last weekend's result.

DaveMc

Juniors
We can't win another spoon.

It's simply unacceptable a club like us with that roster gets the spoon.
It would actually be a pretty fair reflection of a club that’s been drifting listlessly for some time. In retrospect, the 2022 GF appearance was the worst thing to happen to the club for some time - it papered over some very deep cracks and actually exacerbated some of the issues (coaching staff composition, over-extending certain player contracts). I actually don’t think another spoon would be unwarranted in the current circumstances.

JokerEel

Coach
Tonight's loss started on Tuesday with the team selection.

I said Sivo would not play this with with a Hammy injury.
Not having a backup centre/winger in the 19 was diabolical.

Starting Makatoa 🤦🏼

Lane Starting instead of Carty another great move 👍
Lane then moving to the middle n
And playing 65 minutes.

Reg being played for too long and not coming back on at the end of the game..

Soto

Bench
It would actually be a pretty fair reflection of a club that’s been drifting listlessly for some time. In retrospect, the 2022 GF appearance was the worst thing to happen to the club for some time - it papered over some very deep cracks and actually exacerbated some of the issues (coaching staff composition, over-extending certain player contracts). I actually don’t think another spoon would be unwarranted in the current circumstances.
I'd hate to deny the Tuggers the 3 peat

Delboy

First Grade
Ok, here we go

Depth is a major problem, the 3/4 line had 3 players playing out of position and it was a problem, The Rorters attacked Talagi all game and it paid off, that’s what tactics are supposed to do.

For some reason the coach decided that Lussick deserved a run, basically went to sh*t while he wa 9n the field. No threat from dummy half and lazy in and after tackles, lost momentum when he came on and couldn’t recover it when he was removed after what 12 minutes.

Forwards were OK, Kelma was a threat, Carty too and Matto, but we really need to ice the time spent in the opposition 15 metres, .this again was missing on toomany occasions, maybe a crash ball might work but it gets a bit obvious.

Gutho gets a pass mark but needs to tidy up a lot of issues we are seeing, he’s not the player of last season and it hurts our defence .

In a strange way it was mostly enjoyable but think the result was always going to happen. With no depth in the backs and no athletic backs compared to just about every other team, we will get found out .

With an incomplete top30 for the second season and injuries adding to that, it’s not surprising and ok , unacceptable from a club with a professional recruitment team.

Last edited: