What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread @ BankWest Stadium 20/6/21

Avenger

Immortal
Yes he really did at different stages, but it points to a bigger team issue overall. We just don't have the basics down pat as a strong base to work off.

I mean as an example I was filthy at Gutho in the last 13mins and 24sec mark of the game. Gutho received the ball with 4 players on his outside(right side shoulder) and only one edge defender to draw and pass and we would have had a 3 on 1 or 2 on one depending who he chose to pass to and instead he jinked and came back inside and took a very meek tackle. Freakin ridiculous and very myopic, common stuff up by one of our playmakers. Their inability to do the basics so often is unbelievable. I don't know what to say anymore. We are just not a very well coached team. Period. We have a power game, but that's it. We don't know how to finesse the ball well, especially against the better teams.

All we really did today again is just out power a lesser team that finally broke and started to make errors that allowed us to capitalise. Great when playing lesser teams. Won't be so great when we play the stronger ones that know how to defend well and count numbers in attack.
Arthur cannot do it all. We need to change the assistant coaches to change things up to go to the next level. Even BA improved when O’Neill came on board and took the load off him in relation to recruitment/retention.

No reason not to take someone like Adam O’Brien if he is sacked from Newcastle or Jason Taylor who is still coaching the North Sydney Bears as assistants.

If we go out early in the semis like previous years I think it is an inevitability before sacking BA. He deserves to see out the end of his contract. This year has been the best since 2005.

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
I don’t think the young wingers were tested in defence today. This is coming though and we can see how they handle it. I also wonder why our outside backs don’t get ball steaming into the line Justin Olam style. That sh!t is very hard to defend. Our outside backs love a little dance at the line.
Is it rocket science to get centre’s/wingers at full speed smashing the defence. Melbourne are very effective at this. Why can’t we be?

Avenger

Immortal
I don’t think the young wingers were tested in defence today. This is coming though and we can see how they handle it. I also wonder why our outside backs don’t get ball steaming into the line Justin Olam style. That sh!t is very hard to defend. Our outside backs love a little dance at the line.
Is it rocket science to get centre’s/wingers at full speed smashing the defence. Melbourne are very effective at this. Why can’t we be?
The attack coach is limited.

Chipmunk

Coach
I just wonder if we look at blooding Penisini and Waqa on wing?
Or do we keep Waqa as is and run with Dunster?
Dunster is a couple of years away from NRL for mine. I doubt Penisini is going to be any better.

In reality for this season we need Fergo to come good, otherwise we'll just be wasting our time in the Finals.

84 Baby

Referee
Yes he really did at different stages, but it points to a bigger team issue overall. We just don't have the basics down pat as a strong base to work off.

I mean as an example I was filthy at Gutho in the last 13mins and 24sec mark of the game. Gutho received the ball with 4 players on his outside(right side shoulder) and only one edge defender to draw and pass and we would have had a 3 on 1 or 2 on one depending who he chose to pass to and instead he jinked and came back inside and took a very meek tackle. Freakin ridiculous and very myopic, common stuff up by one of our playmakers. Their inability to do the basics so often is unbelievable. I don't know what to say anymore. We are just not a very well coached team. Period. We have a power game, but that's it. We don't know how to finesse the ball well, especially against the better teams.

All we really did today again is just out power a lesser team that finally broke and started to make errors that allowed us to capitalise. Great when playing lesser teams. Won't be so great when we play the stronger ones that know how to defend well and count numbers in attack.
It was pissing down as much as you were in your knickers and we had epic game of dropsies. It was always going to be a power game win and I’m glad we adjusted to the conditions and didn’t throw unnecessary passes

Delboy

First Grade
couple of things, just watched the pressers and the losing coach complained that they were pumped with penalties 4-1 and 6 agains 8-2. I was at the game and though they should have been higher as their tactic was to give away 6 agains early to reset their defence, and as for offsides and forward passes, that’s a story on its own.

I know someone coached by Jason Taylor this year, and a bit NO from any involvement from him, no people skills and not a great tactician .

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't know what to make of Waqa. He almost never looks like he's going to try and set up his winger, in fact he looks like he deliberately goes away from his outside man.... And if he plays wing, I get the feeling he wouldn't back himself to go hard for the corner post. The play today in the first half when he had some space and came inside after busting a tackle and then threw a shocking pass to Nrown was awful from what was a promising play.
He has no idea how to play the sport. He is an athlete, with zero rugby league nous.

Chipmunk

Coach
Arthur cannot do it all. We need to change the assistant coaches to change things up to go to the next level. Even BA improved when O’Neill came on board and took the load off him in relation to recruitment/retention.

No reason not to take someone like Adam O’Brien if he is sacked from Newcastle or Jason Taylor who is still coaching the North Sydney Bears as assistants.

If we go out early in the semis like previous years I think it is an inevitability before sacking BA. He deserves to see out the end of his contract. This year has been the best since 2005.
You'd think if O'Brien was punted by Newcastle there would be a fair chance he'd end up here as an Assistant

hindy111

Post Whore
He has no idea how to play the sport. He is an athlete, with zero rugby league nous.

Not true. We are not using him well at all. Needs early ball and to spread it from more then 40mtrs out. That's when he is dangerous. That or get him one on one running at speed close to line. Giving him the ball flat footed with defense zoning in and what do you expect him to do?