What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (20/8/20)

hindy111

Post Whore
Fair enough.

For me, I was worried that we had stalled; our defence has been strong all year, but our attack seemed to have pleateaud.

Despite making a lot of errors tonight, I felt we attacked with more fluidity, and purpose, than we have for more than 6 weeks; I honestly did not think we had this improvement in us, and so seeing that we are capable of improving from one week to the next excites me.

Are we Premiership favourites? Hell, no.

Will we keep improving, and be firing at the right time of the year? I believe so, yes.

Patience is all that is needed. Our defense is that good if we can have them inside there own 15 for most sets we can grind them to death.
My worry is Moses seems to have none. We keep going wide to Blake or Matto when there is nothing doing. Also lack support plays and trick plays in the middle.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Patience is all that is needed. Our defense is that good if we can have them inside there own 15 for most sets we can grind them to death.
My worry is Moses seems to have none. We keep going wide to Blake or Matto when there is nothing doing. Also lack support plays and trick plays in the middle.

I agree - Moses is a little impatient.

But I see no reason why he can't improve.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well he has had 7yrs. I thought he had based on the first 5 weeks of this season but his old games stuck back in. He needs to straighten our attack up.

I agree with you there, mate.

Maybe we should swap Brown, and Moses - O think Brown has shown he has the cooler head of the two.

Soto

Bench
Well he has had 7yrs. I thought he had based on the first 5 weeks of this season but his old games stuck back in. He needs to straighten our attack up.
100% correct.
Too lateral and not enough straight running which keeps the opposition guessing.
Pushing the pass far too often.
Plus his aerial kicking game for Fergo is sooo far off. Need to get that right as Fergo cant catch and plant the ball over the line from 10m out.

Gronk

Staff member
Fox commentators: "Parramatta weren't impressive - they were doing the same things they've been doing for 6 weeks, and Melbourne were ravaged by injuries."

While the Storm were missing some great players, I totally disagree with the statement that we didn't play any differently - our scramble was better than it has been in weeks and, despite making some silly errors by pushing silly passes, our attack - to me - looked more dangerous than it has in many weeks.

The idiot Fox commentators also declared that it was pathetic that we only scored 2 points in the second half - well, Melbourne score 0 points in 80 minutes, you asinine imbeciles!

Hahaha!

Up yours, Melbourne!
Agree. We were much improved in patches.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Fox commentators: "Parramatta weren't impressive - they were doing the same things they've been doing for 6 weeks, and Melbourne were ravaged by injuries."

While the Storm were missing some great players, I totally disagree with the statement that we didn't play any differently - our scramble was better than it has been in weeks and, despite making some silly errors by pushing silly passes, our attack - to me - looked more dangerous than it has in many weeks.

The idiot Fox commentators also declared that it was pathetic that we only scored 2 points in the second half - well, Melbourne score 0 points in 80 minutes, you asinine imbeciles!

Hahaha!

Up yours, Melbourne!

Seriously, is there some kind of hate against Parramatta by those blokes or has their IQ dropped?

I thought our game was much better but you can tell there was a lot of work in defence which is important going into these sort of games.

Yes the attack was clunky at times but seemed better than last week, I think they need to improve on not pushing the pass too much.

I don't care how much Parramatta won by tonight, they kept them to nil, they have 7 days to prepare for another tough hit out, ok Souths aren't travelling too well but don't underestimate them, theyre desperate for a spot in the 8.

Well done to the boys. Keep it up.

I’ll take the two but sheeez we pushed pass so many times. We can be so much better than that.
Moses has to be playing injured. A few times he passed way to early Blake. He must be instructed not run the ball.

Soto

Bench
BA was asked whether our players were staying down in tackles looking for the penalty... he said no.
Meantime Bellyache "I don't agree with Brad on that."
Sook.
Just goes to show dirty filthy scum tactics embedded in their DNA.
Cooper Johns playing first game...crusher.
Albert Vete crusher..
Tom Eisenuth crusher as well but not called..
These scumbags have changed the fabric of league forever

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Just goes to show dirty filthy scum tactics embedded in their DNA.
Cooper Johns playing first game...crusher.
Albert Vete crusher..
Tom Eisenuth crusher as well but not called..
These scumbags have changed the fabric of league forever
Eisenuth was doing crushers every tackle. A defender turns them, B leans on from behind. Grubby pricks