What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread (11/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
yet people say we can’t use injuries as an excuse tonight hahaha
Jeez people like to dribble to suit their agendas on here

At full strength the mediocre brigade say we’re lacking inexperience. When those inexperienced players are out they then use the excuse we had injuries.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great spin mate. That wasn’t my point. We’re struggling hugely in attack. Actually can I say that? We have no actual attack!!!!
We are just focused on defence ATM, the attack will come. Maybe by 2022, just in time for another contract extension.

IFR33K

Coach
Panthers are being better coached than Parra, but they will fall short because they don't have the experience of the Storm or the Roosters.

Parramatta will fall short because of both the squad and the coaching.

But how will they fall short of coaching?! Two months ago you wouldn’t stop flapping your gums? What’s changed? The squad potentially can do it, but not with one out rubbish.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
In terms of offence Brad Arthur is a lazy coach. I would say a bludger. I don’t think he researches the trends or prepares the team well at all.
I am on the fence about whether we retain him as he is probably one of the best 6-8 coaches in the game. Which isn’t saying much.
I know he loves defense but everybody in their jobs occasionally needs to spend time doing unwanted duties. In his case putting some thought and effort into our attack or getting a co-coach in who knows what they are doing on that side of the ball.

IFR33K

Coach
The posters on here who like to blame the coach are probably the same ones who expected us to win the comp when we were leading it after 9 rounds. IMO 2020 has never been our premiership window. We needed another year in the young bodies of Mahoney amd Drown before we can seriously think we are a chance at a premiership. Melbourne and Roosters have gotten away with having some of their spine inexperienced because of Smith, Cronk and Friend and the experience they have brung.

Another shift of the goal posts.

#2021iswhereit’sat

Gronk

Staff member
I watched the game again and reckon that these were the reasons we lost.

1. Whilst we defended to the death, our line speed was actually poor. I know we were gassed, but the lack of line speed meant that they could make 50m+ a set. Their line speed was good (der they hardly had to tackle) which meant that Mitch was kicking on 5 inside our half every set.

2. Dummy half service was gash in the first half. On the rare times we had the ball the first receiver had to jump to catch the ball above his head or at his knees. You can’t roll up the field when you are hitting up flat footed.

3. Our two wingers are not making the solid yards on tackle 1 2 3 like they used to. Sivo is injured or has the yips. Next week v Broncos must be Haze’s debut with Sivo rested.

4. Whilst their good line speed pressured our attack, Moses panicked too many times. He needs to trust the system and learn to earn the right to score points. It is clear that he is missing his 6 as Field is a passenger. He tackled well but offered zero support in our attcking structure and tackle 5 kicks. I’d chop him if we had an alternative. Do we ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
But how will they fall short of coaching?! Two months ago you wouldn’t stop flapping your gums? What’s changed? The squad potentially can do it, but not with one out rubbish.

I haven't changed my position on anything. I honestly don't understand what you are flapping your gums about.

Bandwagon

Staff member
The early six again calls is what killed us last night, those first fifteen minutes we were just under assault, and we couldn't swing back momentum. That led to our forwards being f**ked from the defensive workload, and meterage game became non existent.

The nail in the coffin was when we finally gained some momentum in the ruck and got some calls our way, we just handed over the ball, we didn't control the set, and that's on Moses and Gutho.

The errors from Kane Evans then buried us, had we gone to the sheds at 2-0 I think the second half is quite a different ball game.

Penrith pretty much cruised to victory on those couple of errors in key moments. That's where we need to fix things, and i don't know there's much BA can do there, it's really on our key play makers to come up with the right decisions. Except with Evans, he needs to be dropped, preferably on his head, where the damage is already done.

They were good enough to limit our opportunities, and we weren't good enough to take the limited opportunity on offer, I don't believe though like most here seem to that that is a systemic problem, because the evidence is there from the beginning of the season that we are capable enough to take those opportunities. In the first half of the season though we were getting those things right, we were getting repeat sets, and we were wearing teams down and then breaking them apart, similar to how Penrith played last night.

I think if we get Drown back fit enough for the finals, and Rheed is ok, and Moses finds some form, and we get to rest, or at least lessen the workload of our starting pack over the next coupla of games, we can still make the prelims, without those things I fear we are making up the numbers.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
At full strength the mediocre brigade say we’re lacking inexperience. When those inexperienced players are out they then use the excuse we had injuries.
How is that logic hard to follow?

At full strength we can play to a certain level. That level is good enough to challenge the best teams but isn't necessarily better than them.

If we don't have a full strength squad then the level at which we can play drops below what would otherwise be our best.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But but two years was a master stroke because we got him on unders...
Thanl f**k we almost lost him, clubs were just lining up for his services and pinched a bloke with 1 finals win and a 49% winning record over 7 years. And a spoon, what a resume.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I watched the game again and reckon that these were the reasons we lost.

1. Whilst we defended to the death, our line speed was actually poor. I know we were gassed, but the lack of line speed meant that they could make 50m+ a set. Their line speed was good (der they hardly had to tackle) which meant that Mitch was kicking on 5 inside our half every set.

2. Dummy half service was gash in the first half. On the rare times we had the ball the first receiver had to jump to catch the ball above his head or at his knees. You can’t roll up the field when you are hitting up flat footed.

3. Our two wingers are not making the solid yards on tackle 1 2 3 like they used to. Sivo is injured or has the yips. Next week v Broncos must be Haze’s debut with Sivo rested.

4. Whilst their good line speed pressured our attack, Moses panicked too many times. He needs to trust the system and learn to earn the right to score points. It is clear that he is missing his 6 as Field is a passenger. He tackled well but offered zero support in our attcking structure and tackle 5 kicks. I’d chop him if we had an alternative. Do we ?
Sivo was awful again. Fergo is trying a lot harder and I thought his defence on the right side was better.

One out stuff doesn't work against well drilled teams like Penrith but would probably work against a lot of the bottom sides. My concern though is that if we try and be more creative we tend to resort to the sideways shit. I don't see another gear that we will need in the finals.

The difference in metres gained was a killer last night. If Moses didn't have a good long kicking game it could have been a lot harder.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Thanl f**k we almost lost him, clubs were just lining up for his services and pinched a bloke with 1 finals win and a 49% winning record over 7 years. And a spoon, what a resume.
I wanted Bennett but the merkin probably would have f**ked off back to Brisbane after two years so that he could more regularly fellate Boyd.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Sivo was awful again. Fergo is trying a lot harder and I thought his defence on the right side was better.

One out stuff doesn't work against well drilled teams like Penrith but would probably work against a lot of the bottom sides. My concern though is that if we try and be more creative we tend to resort to the sideways shit. I don't see another gear that we will need in the finals.

The difference in metres gained was a killer last night. If Moses didn't have a good long kicking game it could have been a lot harder.
...and the reason we resort to sideways rubbish is we aren’t being coached an effective attack.

Gronk

Staff member
So todays scapegoat is the coach. None of the players, just the coach.

Let the sarcasm roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts