What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 29/7/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The game was there to annihilate them and put 50+ on them
No it wasn't. They are Penrith ffs. The only reason we got to 30 was because they panicked ("The harder they tried the worse they got"). Halftime reset them. We would only have belted them if they gave up.

Rocket man

Juniors
N

Nice assessment .. agree re: penisini, he’s a fantastic young player with a bright future but he needs a rest. Many rookies come in and out of the top grade early in their career and I reckon it a good time to give him a rest.
Definitely a couple of guys in Reggie’s who should get a run as they have deserved -Cini and Russell - and it will put us in stead come finals time.
And yes we are a better side with waqa on the wing and Simonson not in the team
I think Pensini is going OK. The 1st try he was trying to cover Kikau as Moses was left defending him. He stays out and I think Kikau receives the ball and drags Moses over the line.
Damned if you do dammed if you don't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's Penrith they are not going to give up 50 points. Even with 12 men.

They got into the sheds and reset at half time you could see it straight from the second half it was about line speed and defence.
Yep, and because the favourites were getting stomped the ref put his whistle away. Wouldn't want anyone to think the upset was his fault.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They weren't a well-drilled and highly-disciplined side when we played football in the first half though were they?
No they weren't. They panicked, but they are the defending premiers for a reason and they were able to get their heads back in the game. They dared us to play Parraball without earning the right and I'm glad we didn't oblige them even if we left some opportunities out there. It was a good win.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Cowboys are currently second favourites with a spine of Drinkwater, Dearden,Townsend and Robson. They’re obviously having a great season but that doesn’t exactly scream premiership winning spine to me. We should be firmly entrenched in the top 4 with the current standard of the competition so it will be the biggest missed opportunity of the last few decades if we don’t do something in this years finals.
The Panthers are paying $2 ffs. It is a one horse race according to the bookies. As for the Cowboys they are second in the betting because of their awesome defence, which includes their two strong defensive halves.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ahhhhhh .... well BA is a big fat liar too. Cos he said in the presser we played to the plan in the first half .... f**k his lying eyes
But also, if a team concedes 30 points in half a game of footy it's not just the attack that is doing well. The losing team is clearly f**king up badly. Halftime let them fix their mentality.