What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20 Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread 28/7/18

Gronk

Staff member
Everyone knows my thoughts on the coach, but this isn’t the place for it.

The team was great tonight and deserved the win. You are the one picking out scapegoats tonight you deathrider.

Nice try. Jarryd was not the reason we lost. Possession, bad luck and our inability to shut down their second phase in the last 30mins.

Great effort against the comp leaders.

JokerEel

Coach
Some of the refs calls were odd..

They need to get fresh blood in the bunker the know in their tonight and cross eyes have no clue..

Atkins for mine is the number 1 ref in the game at the moment..

IFR33K

Coach
And rightly so. The standards this year are at an all time low. So many games decided on bullshit ref calls across the entire comp

The refs are having a bigger impact on the outcome of games, more than key playmakers. Wtf the nrl needs to step in and tell them to stick the whistles up their back side.

Wally21

Bench
I actually reckon the refs were pretty good tonight, I hate all the complaining about the refs!!

Over the course of the games things even out!!

The only issue I have is the Norman last penalty which was from the bunker not the refs!
And you know who that was Josh? Maxwell, who always f**ked us in almost every game he referred us in

Gronk

Staff member
The refs anally raped us tonight.

But if Moses doesn’t kick out on the full, Marata doesn’t push the pass, Terepo doesn’t offload we might have had a much better shot.

Bad luck with that fingernail knock on by Jarryd. Would have broken their backs.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The refs anally raped us tonight.

But if Moses doesn’t kick out on the full, Marata doesn’t push the pass, Terepo doesn’t offload we might have had a much better shot.

That’s the problem, if you don’t hold the ball you are more likely to penalised, like in the first half, we held the ball and a few penalties!

Those errors is what killed us!! We went from 65 - 35 possession to 56 - 44 which means we had f**k all ball in the second half.

Noise

Coach
I actually reckon the refs were pretty good tonight, I hate all the complaining about the refs!!

The only issue I have is the Norman last penalty which was from the bunker not the refs!

Agreed. We had the rub of the green in the first half, they did in the 2nd half. Everyone knew it would even out in the 2nd half and it did.

Moses kicking out on the full was what gave them good field position for their last try. That to me was inexcusable. Also I am not sure what we are getting from Bevan French. Marata and Terepo trying to do silly offloads is typical of Parra players being f**king stupid.

Delboy

First Grade
The refs are frightened at the moment, not only due to the imbecile,in charge of them, but they turned to watertonight when Sam Burgess sprayed them with the " we aren't getting any 50/50 calls ".
They panicked and they got what looked like everything from that point on, to the extent they changed the game,they are scared and tonight just underlined it.
Fench is a liability for certain, but a lot of what happened after the Burgess spray was ordinary.

Gronk

Staff member
The refs are having a bigger impact on the outcome of games, more than key playmakers. Wtf the nrl needs to step in and tell them to stick the whistles up their back side.
The 10 mins in the bin thing is such a massive game changer. I know that we got the benefit, but FMD the game is just f**ked right now.

IFR33K

Coach

Souths ran a decoy into our defencive line, penalty Souths. The Corey binning was a farce. The peni knock on and so on. Did south after halftime become disciplined? Refs are having too big an impact on games.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Agreed. We had the rub of the green in the first half, they did in the 2nd half. Everyone knew it would even out in the 2nd half and it did.

Moses kicking out on the full was what gave them good field position for their last try. That to me was inexcusable. Also I am not sure what we are getting from Bevan French. Marata and Terepo trying to do silly offloads is typical of Parra players being f**king stupid.

Not sure if this is correct, but according to the NRL site, Gutherson made 38 metres (which doesn’t seem correct) and French 13 (which is probably correct), that is pretty crap if correct!

Chipmunk

Coach
That’s the problem, if you don’t hold the ball you are more likely to penalised, like in the first half, we held the ball and a few penalties!

Those errors is what killed us!! We went from 65 - 35 possession to 56 - 44 which means we had f**k all ball in the second half.

Souths obviously were better with their 56% possession in the second half than we were with our 65% possession on the first half.

Wally21

Bench
The 10 mins in the bin thing is such a massive game changer. I know that we got the benefit, but FMD the game is just f**ked right now.
Agreed Gronk. The coaches definitely have a lot to answer for in terms of the exploitation of the rules. But Greenberg (who has been absolutely, thoroughly underwhelming) needs to show some leadership and get the refs sorted out.
EDIT - and of course the other thing with the sin bin is that it seems even money that once a player from 1 team goes, there is a square up in the second half

Noise

Coach

It is a game changer but if wasn't used teams would just continue to give penalties away to slow the game down and reset their defence. Coaches instruct the players to give those penalties away. Coaches have f**ked many things in the game. I know for a fact a few years back the Tigers would yell out 'Steal" when they thought it was time to give a penalty away when defending their own line to slow the play the ball down.

'Steal' was used to 'steal' more time

strider

Post Whore
Our completion rate in the second half wasnt overly bad ... 75% .... problem is we only had the ball 12 times to their 23 .... complete reversal of the 2nd half

I would probably say we got the rub from the refs in the first half and then that totally reversed in the 2nd

The thing that actually shits me is that is soooo incredibly obvious that the referees got manipulated by that Sam Burgess spray .... the reason the game is f**ked at the moment is cos our refs are spineless and too easily manipulated

Latest posts