What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20 Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread 28/7/18

Djay

Juniors
Possibly. But we shouldn't be giving a guy who is not a first grade quality winger a spot because he 'might' be a decent fullback one day
His had chances at fullback and done f**k all.

I said it weeks ago on here and got abused for saying the guy is not a fullback and has ample opportunity there and on the wing to prove himself and all his done is prove to me why we need to cut him loose.

Only someone at Parra would start with so much promise then turn to such crap.

Chipmunk

Coach
I agree he isn’t a winger, but reckon he could be a good fullback but with Gutho in the side he is unlikely to get a good chance there.

I think French would be a great fullback in a strong team who has a strong go forward from the forwards and big wingers to bring the ball out from their own try line. In any other team and in any other situation he's the biggest liability in the NRL.

strider

Post Whore
What did he do well in the first half besides chase a kick from a scrum? I think he made 1 or 2 runs and a couple of tackles. That's it. He is a non entity. The problem is he can't get involved with the ball because he gets forced back, or worse, into touch.
He was involved ... i recall him being on the opposite side of the field running the ball and the commentators raving about how all our back 3 were going looking for work

Dont get me wrong ... i reckon we should cut him loose if he can find a new club

Gronk

Staff member
What did he do well in the first half besides chase a kick from a scrum? He is a non entity. The problem is he can't get involved with the ball because he gets forced back, or worse, into touch.
Speaking from an Eels POV, we find ourselves with no ball, back peddling, defending our line for multiple sets, teams getting all the momentum. It is instinct to try and slow down the quick ball, so we are not on our heels going backwards throughout the set.

The team that always gets a player in the bin is almost always been dominated for 20 mins. Putting a player in the bin is the nail in the coffin. Game over.

T-Boon

Coach
3. Brown
2. Hayne
1. Moses

The boys did well. They are badly prepared each week but all told are trying their best.

Noise

Coach
Speaking from an Eels POV, we find ourselves with no ball, back peddling, defending our line for multiple sets, teams getting all the momentum. It is instinct to try and slow down the quick ball, so we are not on our heels going backwards throughout the set.

The team that always gets a player in the bin is almost always been dominated for 20 mins. Putting a player in the bin is the nail in the coffin. Game over.

I don't think your post had anything to do with what you quoted me but anyway....

All teams do the same. Continually slowing the play the ball , being offside etc should result in serious consequences. Otherwise teams will give 30 penatlies away to keep giving themselves a breather

Chipmunk

Coach
He was involved ... i recall him being on the opposite side of the field running the ball and the commentators raving about how all our back 3 were going looking for work

Dont get me wrong ... i reckon we should cut him loose if he can find a new club

I've got to admit he'd be amazing at the Storm.

Gronk

Staff member
Enough is enough with him. He really needs to f**k off.

Can't catch a bomb, rushes up in defence, gets rag dolled, never makes a break, what does he actually do for the team?

Not a great deal.

FA09C837-CB23-4E21-84BF-00AFE8BA4166.jpeg

Noise

Coach

He had 2 runs (for 18m) in the first half with 3 tackles. Thats hardly being involved, regardless if he went to the other side of the field to make a run.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think French would be a great fullback in a strong team who has a strong go forward from the forwards and big wingers to bring the ball out from their own try line. In any other team and in any other situation he's the biggest liability in the NRL.

Potentially we have Ferguson/Hayne on the wing next year, that’s a good start. Even Gennings makes good metres.

I agree with you but often he will man up and have a wow of a game next week and I change my mind.
He can look great at times, even early on tonight I was thinking on one run if he only had a support runner it could've been something. But for too long the negatives have outweighed the positives. I don't think he's had a wow of a game for about 18 months. Maybe when BA starts reading my emails and puts him at 6 he might be useful. :)