What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20 Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread 28/7/18

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not sure if this is correct, but according to the NRL site, Gutherson made 38 metres (which doesn’t seem correct) and French 13 (which is probably correct), that is pretty crap if correct!

Gutho was involved in a lot of tidying up, and also defence 14 tackles for a FB is pretty high.

Noise

Coach
Not sure if this is correct, but according to the NRL site, Gutherson made 38 metres (which doesn’t seem correct) and French 13 (which is probably correct), that is pretty crap if correct!

I posted French's earlier from Champion data, French:
3 runs 28m
5 tackles, 1 missed, 1 ineffective
1 error
1 penalty

Gutherson:
4 runs 31m

That is diabolical from 2 of our back 3.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Our completion rate in the second half wasnt overly bad ... 75% .... problem is we only had the ball 12 times to their 23 .... complete reversal of the 2nd half

I would probably say we got the rub from the refs in the first half and then that totally reversed in the 2nd

The thing that actually shits me is that is soooo incredibly obvious that the referees got manipulated by that Sam Burgess spray .... the reason the game is f**ked at the moment is cos our refs are spineless and too easily manipulated

yup that's the way I read it as well

you could hear burgess saying to the ref that 50/50 calls were all going to us

2nd half , souths got those, plus others...

Chipmunk

Coach
Agreed. We had the rub of the green in the first half, they did in the 2nd half. Everyone knew it would even out in the 2nd half and it did.

Moses kicking out on the full was what gave them good field position for their last try. That to me was inexcusable. Also I am not sure what we are getting from Bevan French. Marata and Terepo trying to do silly offloads is typical of Parra players being f**king stupid.

I'm a bit lost with what French's role is in the team. I think so is French.

You can't have a winger on the field who's only reason to be there is to chase kicks in try scoring opportunities.

Noise

Coach

You can't have a winger on the field who's only reason to be there is to chase kicks in try scoring opportunities.

Yep, he's a waste of space

Very crap. I can believe it cos I can't remember Gunco running much. Bevan was a non-entity in attack and a liability in defence. He's not an NRL standard winger. And probably not a fullback either. Too small and hasn't looked the same since that knee injury.
But I don't really want to criticize the team or individuals tonight as I thought we deserved to win.

Eelogical

Referee
That was hard to stomach. Credit to the team, some dumb stuff but played alright. Just got shat on repeatedly by pissweak reffing.

First half, we got the benefit of the penalty count plus a rabbit in the bin. Pou noted that the penalty count would magically turn around in the second half to favour the bunnies. 'Even up' is another term. It happened. 'Scripted' is another term.

IFR33K

Coach
I posted French's earlier from Champion data, French:
3 runs 28m
5 tackles, 1 missed, 1 ineffective
1 error
1 penalty

Gutherson:
4 runs 31m

That is diabolical from 2 of our back 3.

Yep. We just aren’t getting enough out of certain players.

When 2 of those players play in the spine it’s a recipe for disaster

T-Boon

Coach
The refs are having a bigger impact on the outcome of games, more than key playmakers. Wtf the nrl needs to step in and tell them to stick the whistles up their back side.

They are just calling penalties that coaches are coaching their team to commit. Believe me the refs aren't going to get any better.
The only hope the game has to clean itself up is for the rules to be drastically changed (so that the coaches have to get on top of the way the game is played again rather than spend all their time trying to work out how to screw the existing rules over as they do now).

Eelogical

Referee
I actually reckon the refs were pretty good tonight, I hate all the complaining about the refs!!

Over the course of the games things even out!!

The only issue I have is the Norman last penalty which was from the bunker not the refs!

Why should things even out over the course of a game? I would have thought each infringement was judged on its merit.

Gronk

Staff member
Very crap. I can believe it cos I can't remember Gunco running much. Bevan was a non-entity in attack and a liability in defence. He's not an NRL standard winger. And probably not a fullback either. Too small and hasn't looked the same since that knee injury.
But I don't really want to criticize the team or individuals tonight as I thought we deserved to win.
I agree with you but often he will man up and have a wow of a game next week and I change my mind.

T-Boon

Coach
It is a game changer but if wasn't used teams would just continue to give penalties away to slow the game down and reset their defence. Coaches instruct the players to give those penalties away. Coaches have f**ked many things in the game. I know for a fact a few years back the Tigers would yell out 'Steal" when they thought it was time to give a penalty away when defending their own line to slow the play the ball down.

'Steal' was used to 'steal' more time

This.
NRL coaches are the disaster. Refs are just trying their damnedest to keep up and do a good job in impossible circumstances.

Noise

Coach
Dont get me wrong, i am off french .... but he first half was quite good tonight

He did nothing in the second half - but none of our backs did - we had no ball

What did he do well in the first half besides chase a kick from a scrum? I think he made 1 or 2 runs and a couple of tackles. That's it. He is a non entity. The problem is he can't get involved with the ball because he gets forced back, or worse, into touch.

Djay

Juniors

Enough is enough with him. He really needs to f**k off.

Can't catch a bomb, rushes up in defence, gets rag dolled, never makes a break, what does he actually do for the team?

Latest posts