What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20 Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread 28/7/18

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Why should things even out over the course of a game? I would have thought each infringement was judged on its merit.

No I agree, but there are plenty of 50/50 calls in a game, like strips/forward passes/off side / holding on in the Ruck which can all go either way, over the course of a game some will go against you others with you. Refs are only human

Chipmunk

Coach
It’s technique not size that gets him in trouble. When does Slater ever get thrown across the line ?

French seems a similar size to Dufty...and similar speed. He seems to survive in the NRL, but he also looks a bit average in a team that doesn't have momentum their way.

strider

Post Whore
He had 2 runs (for 18m) in the first half with 3 tackles. Thats hardly being involved, regardless if he went to the other side of the field to make a run.
Maybe im being too kind cos i spotted him more often than other games :smile:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
They are badly prepared each week but all told are trying their best.

How were we poorly prepared today?

Did BA make Moses kick out of the full? Peni do a shit offload? MK push a pass (as all was mentioned by previously by posters)? Norman lay in ruck?

Eelogical

Referee
No I agree, but there are plenty of 50/50 calls in a game, like strips/forward passes/off side / holding on in the Ruck which can all go either way, over the course of a game some will go against you others with you. Refs are only human

I understand this but why should it be so pronounced in one half and not the next? The players don't run into the sheds after a great first half then become the exact opposite in the second half. It's as if a team has to be penalised in the second half for having a good first half, as far as penalties are concerned.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So, what do you do with French if he's still around?

Assuming Hayne stays, I wouId go:

1. French
2. Hayne
3. Gutherson
4. Jennings
5. Ferguson

With Paulo and hopefully another quality forward, French wouId be very dangerous following the forwards through the middle.

Gutherson at centre strengthens our defence on the edge.

strider

Post Whore
I understand this but why should it be so pronounced in one half and not the next? The players don't run into the sheds after a great first half then become the exact opposite in the second half. It's as if a team has to be penalised in the second half for having a good first half, as far as penalties are concerned.
No one talked the refs into favouring us in the first half .... the second half seems a different story tho