What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20 Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread 28/7/18

T-Boon

Coach
I think Kaysa is great value off the bench , 20-30 min per game for impact value. Hope a good off season he can get his body stronger.

I just don't know why we defend with him in the forwards when he is our most involved back. The dummy half back throws more passes and is arguably more important than any other position. Yet here we have a very slight man tackling individuals 30kgs heavier. He needs to be defending in the backs and that spazzo Taka needs to be tackling big Burgess etc.

Gazzamatta

Coach
BA had Kidwell sitting nice and comfy along side him tonight in the coaches box. Also noticed Kidwell at half time in deep discussion with Gutho and Moses (I think). Maybe nothing but maybe some changes have happened?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
BA had Kidwell sitting nice and comfy along side him tonight in the coaches box. Also noticed Kidwell at half time in deep discussion with Gutho and Moses (I think). Maybe nothing but maybe some changes have happened?

Pretty sure he has been in the box for a while

TheParraboy

Staff member
I just don't know why we defend with him in the forwards when he is our most involved back. The dummy half back throws more passes and is arguably more important than any other position. Yet here we have a very slight man tackling individuals 30kgs heavier. He needs to be defending in the backs and that spazzo Taka needs to be tackling big Burgess etc.

Agree

But a spell of 20-25min from the bench shouldn’t be a problem. Especially if we have the ball for more than 50% of that time

Gazzamatta

Coach
Having only watched the game for 50 odd seasons Im somewhat of a novice so would someone please explain to me the tactics behind receiving a penalty 5 meters from the try line, taking the penalty tap back 10 meters then passing to a forward who runs the ball to be tackled on the original penalty spot?
Another confusing play is when awarded a penalty, why does it take a committee meeting and forever to decide what to do? If the decision is eventually to kick for touch, why do we just meekly kick it with little intent on gaining some distance from the touch finder. These little things all add up and happen every week. Very frustrating to watch.

Noise

Coach
Having only watched the game for 50 odd seasons Im somewhat of a novice so would someone please explain to me the tactics behind receiving a penalty 5 meters from the try line, taking the penalty tap back 10 meters then passing to a forward who runs the ball to be tackled on the original penalty spot?
Another confusing play is when awarded a penalty, why does it take a committee meeting and forever to decide what to do? If the decision is eventually to kick for touch, why do we just meekly kick it with little intent on gaining some distance from the touch finder. These little things all add up and happen every week. Very frustrating to watch.

On the first one the idea is to create a bit of space. I think they would rather get tackled 5 m out rather than 1m out whch is what might happen if the forward took the hitup from the original spot.

The meek kick for touch usually hppens when they are close to the sideline. This allows them to take the tap a bit further infield (10m) rather than close to the sideline. The committee meeting is usually about how the set of 6 will be structured

And both of them chew up some time and allow players to have a breather and get into their correct attacking positions

Chipmunk

Coach

Both situations give teams a break by just using the rules in place. Alot of situations in the game happen to slow the game down.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Even if he is a tigers fan, it’s hard to argue with him.

According to NRL stats you have to go back to round 10 for Moses’ last line break or line break assist. Even taking into account his time off through injury, that’s unacceptable for a half.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore

According to NRL stats you have to go back to round 10 for Moses’ last line break or line break assist. Even taking into account his time off through injury, that’s unacceptable for a half.

Agreed.

He's our biggest issue, imo - passenger in defence, and inconsistent with the pill in his mitts.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Love ya Jarryd. Your energy early was reminiscent of old but honestly how long does it take to put a fuc**n boot on?

This simple act of putting on a boot is really indicative of our season....no urgency in any facet....quite ridiculous!!!

eel01s

Bench
The refs anally raped us tonight.

But if Moses doesn’t kick out on the full, Marata doesn’t push the pass, Terepo doesn’t offload we might have had a much better shot.
This.

Regarding the Norman sin binning, my 13 y.o son asked why he was sent given the warning happened minutes before, and play had gone to the Souths end before coming back to the Parra end. I thought there was some kind of "reset" as well.

Seems strange the bunker was keen to overrule, yet every week you see a penalty given for a strip when it was a loose carry (or vice versa) with no intervention. Also play was held up to allow for the overturning of the decision. Very strange...

IFR33K

Coach

Maybe the injury is still hampering him?

Latest posts