What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21 2022: Non Parra games

Chest okay, hand , arm and shoulder knock on.
It doesn't say shoulder though.

KNOCK-ON means to knock the ball forward towards the opponents' dead ball line with hand or arm while playing at the ball. LOOSE ARM is an offence by the hooker if he packs with one arm loose in the scrum. LOOSE BALL is when during play-the-ball is not held by a player and not being scrummaged.

Noise

Coach
It doesn't say shoulder though.

KNOCK-ON means to knock the ball forward towards the opponents' dead ball line with hand or arm while playing at the ball. LOOSE ARM is an offence by the hooker if he packs with one arm loose in the scrum. LOOSE BALL is when during play-the-ball is not held by a player and not being scrummaged.

Doesn’t say fingers either but they are a knock on. Fingers are the end of the hand, shoulder is just the top of the arm.

Noise

Coach
I think the shoulder is distinct from the arm. In soccer it's not considered part of the arm for hand ball.
How do you determine exactly where the shoulder starts? The humerus bone (upper arm) is part of the shoulder joint. It’s too difficult to get it right when the tip of the ball might touch it. They have ruled shoulder as a knock on for a number of year now and I reckon it’s because it’s a part of the upper arm.

How do you determine exactly where the shoulder starts? The humerus bone (upper arm) is part of the shoulder joint. It’s too difficult to get it right when the tip of the ball might touch it. They have ruled shoulder as a knock on for a number of year now and I reckon it’s because it’s a part of the upper arm.
I dunno. You're right though that the upper arm bone is part of the shoulder but the other parts of the shoulder I think are not part of the arm. I haven't really noticed what they've been ruling it lately.

TheParraboy

Staff member
id include all four rotator cuff muscles as most important shouder muscles - the subscapularis, supraspinatus, infraspinatus and teres minor muscles - which connect the scapula to the humerus and provide support for the glenohumeral joint

Latest posts