What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: Parra v Broncos LIVE GAME DAY thread 30/8/19

IFR33K

Coach
Manly started off Slowly without Tommy T and let lost DCE for a while also. but since they returned they have showed they can compete against the top sides. Beating Melbourne in Melbourne and the Raiders in Canberra for starters.

We can barely win away from home against anyone let alone beat two top 4 sides on their own dung heaps.

They were missing walker too for a decent period of time. They’ve done well considering it’s the coaches first year there in a while, with an decent squad

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They were missing walker too for a decent period of time. They’ve done well considering it’s the coaches first year there in a while, with an decent squad
Des did more in 6 months to transform that side than Bea Arthur has in 6 seasons.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think overall BA has done an ok job. But not sure he can take us to the next level.
Yep, is he a bad coach?? No and has he done a bad job that’s also a no. He’s had some massive obstacles and he now has gotten us a fair roster with the chance to improve it even more but I just don’t see him getting us to that level. It’s a bit like Newcastle and Nathan Brown, He’s done a fair job and gotten them to a decent place but I don’t think he was capable either of taking them to that next level either.

emjaycee

Coach
Manly started off Slowly without Tommy T and let lost DCE for a while also. but since they returned they have showed they can compete against the top sides. Beating Melbourne in Melbourne and the Raiders in Canberra for starters.

We can barely win away from home against anyone let alone beat two top 4 sides on their own dung heaps.
I would argue that we lost both D Brown and N Brown for significant parts of our season and with both of them in the team we have a greater than 70% win ratio. Whilst not competing against the top teams since they have been back isn't exactly our fault, although we did beat Souths at BankWest when Nrown as back.

When Manly were without DCE they lost to Brisbane, Gold Coast and Penrith - not exactly teams where DCE should have made a significant difference. Sure they beat Melbourne in Melbourne, but after leading 10-0 at half time, their only score increase in the second half came from a field goal, which in the end was the deciding factor. On the other hand, Melbourne beat them at Lottoland by 30 points.

And for the record, we have won 5 from 12 away from home. Not actually as bad a record as some would make out. Sure it could be better but its not like we are Cronulla who have won 3 from 11 away.

Just don't get why you are showing so much Manly love and Parra hate tbh.

EDIT: We beat the Bunnies without N Brown - my bad.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I would argue that we lost both D Brown and N Brown for significant parts of our season and with both of them in the team we have a greater than 70% win ratio. Whilst not competing against the top teams since they have been back isn't exactly our fault, although we did beat Souths at BankWest when Nrown as back.

When Manly were without DCE they lost to Brisbane, Gold Coast and Penrith - not exactly teams where DCE should have made a significant difference. Sure they beat Melbourne in Melbourne, but after leading 10-0 at half time, their only score increase in the second half came from a field goal, which in the end was the deciding factor. On the other hand, Melbourne beat them at Lottoland by 30 points.

And for the record, we have won 5 from 12 away from home. Not actually as bad a record as some would make out. Sure it could be better but its not like we are Cronulla who have won 3 from 11 away.

Just don't get why you are showing so much Manly love and Parra hate tbh.

EDIT: We beat the Bunnies without N Brown - my bad.
Friday night will be a good guide then, even though they shredded us quite badly at Brookvale. With Tommy T gone we should beat them quite for comfortably then hey???

emjaycee

Coach
Friday night will be a good guide then, even though they shredded us quite badly at Brookvale. With Tommy T gone we should beat them quite for comfortably then hey???
I dunno mate - we don't have N Brown either ;)
Besides, I am never confident in our team going into about the final 5 mins of any game we play.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You'll be hoping we lose just so you can keep calling us shit.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I dunno mate - we don't have N Brown either ;)
Besides, I am never confident in our team going into about the final 5 mins of any game we play.
Is the handbrake that big a loss?? I reckon Nrown the last month was average at best for us.

Junior, Lane and Evans have all out played him.

Latest posts