What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25 2021: Non Parra games

Avenger

Immortal
Tales of tiger town - The Prequel?

I wonder if Madge was sprinkling the same old “I believe in this team” ...”believe the process” ... “do it for each other” Mumbo jumbo when we belted them in the BankWest Stadium opening in 2019 ?
He is the worst coach to ever win a premiership. The guy is a stereotypical dinosaur with little intellect. He should be sacked and marked to never coach again.

TheParraboy

Staff member
It's the first game this season they've racked up 30!!!
In fact, the first time since I think, Rnd 18 last season.
And their equal highest score in 5 years.
Well, according to Dan Ginnane on Triple M anyway.

Apparently first time they kept a side scoreless for 8 years

Dogs are back - woof

TheParraboy

Staff member
He inherited one shit roster.

He inherited a decent roster, who were always on the cusp of the 8 (they were never a bottom 4-6 side)

Last couple of years he has signed some dodgy players, all the while chased some big names who decided to sign elsewhere. Now they are a bottom 4 side

Kornstar

Coach
After his performance on Tiger Tales its pretty obvious hes an old time coach. The game and footy players have changed. I remember him saying that hed changed and learnt so much from his Souths days.
Interestingly there was very little coverage of his training and skills during Tiger Tales. I dont think there will be too many Tiger Trolls in here tonight.

But we know they're all itching till the eels lose in the finals so they can come and tell us how shit Moses is.......you know the player who has made the finals in all but one of his years with the Eels, and their team hasn't made the finals since like 2010.........

King-Gutho94

Coach
He is the worst coach to ever win a premiership. The guy is a stereotypical dinosaur with little intellect. He should be sacked and marked to never coach again.
BA has won more finals as a coach then Madge since souths won the premiership in 2014. Madge hasnt won a final.

Madge has only made finals once in his last 6 years as coach 2015 with souths when they got knocked out week 1. 2016 & 17 missed the finals. 2018 didn't coach. 2019-2021 with the tigers

IFR33K

Coach
He inherited a decent roster, who were always on the cusp of the 8 (they were never a bottom 4-6 side)

Last couple of years he has signed some dodgy players, all the while chased some big names who decided to sign elsewhere. Now they are a bottom 4 side

Brooks? Mybe? Reynolds? They were all on decent money. Excellent money. Yes they finished 9th the past few seasons. Would you honestly be happy with any of those players in our spine?

strider

Post Whore
Turbo is the best I've seen. His form this season goes past Haynes 2009 run. If he stays fit being only 24 he will end up the GOT.

I love him too but I think that 2009 Hayne performance is the best I've ever seen from one player.

I'd love the stats on both. I feel Turbos form is better but it is line ball. Tom seems more controlled, less freaky stuff.

Agree with Avenger ... 2009 Hayne is very hard to surpass as a one season effort .... but agree that Turbo will probably be potentially best of all time cos he is not a peanut like hayne

Article about em (and Barba - pfffft, barba was a lightweight)

they have a graphic comparing 4 stats - tries, try assists, offloads, line breaks

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 7.54.16 am.png

hindy111

Post Whore
Article about em (and Barba - pfffft, barba was a lightweight)

they have a graphic comparing 4 stats - tries, try assists, offloads, line breaks

View attachment 53525

What the he'll is that thing?
Turbo imo best. Hayne did more spectacular individual freakish things. But his ball playing come later in his career. Not 2009.
Haynes 2014 form was far more controlled and all rounded. I reckon his best season. He looked complete rather then flashy.

Nfl thing ruined him. His head got to big. At 26 he could of had 5 more season at his peak. Maybe another 2 Dally M medals. What a stinker of a life turning sour

hindy111

Post Whore
I can think of 50 fullbacks better then Barbara btw. He wouldn't even be in my top 5 playing this season ffs.

strider

Post Whore
What the he'll is that thing?
Turbo imo best. Hayne did more spectacular individual freakish things. But his ball playing come later in his career. Not 2009.
Haynes 2014 form was far more controlled and all rounded. I reckon his best season. He looked complete rather then flashy.

Nfl thing ruined him. His head got to big. At 26 he could of had 5 more season at his peak. Maybe another 2 Dally M medals. What a stinker of a life turning sour
It basically says turbo is far better at tries, try assists ... a reasonable amount better at line breaks .... but quite behind hayne in offloads

Its only 4 attacking stats .... i would still call hayne a bigger stand out in 2009

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How would of Hayne gone in V’Landys ball???

And the 2009 comp was much more competitive than the uneven joke we have currently. Turbo has been amazing and is the best player in the game but no one has played like Hayne did in the back half of 2009.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It basically says turbo is far better at tries, try assists ... a reasonable amount better at line breaks .... but quite behind hayne in offloads

Its only 4 attacking stats .... i would still call hayne a bigger stand out in 2009
I remember in 2009 Hayne ran for over 4000m, which was over 1km further than the second best guy. And don't forget in 2021 every game features more tries and linebreaks than ever before.