What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd26 Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 31st

I always think it makes sense to have a back as 18th man, just in case they are called into action through a HIA to a back.

Even if they are backing up after playing Cup (like Sanders today).

Well Asi's 1 from 2 in the kicking stakes, landing one from the sideline.

Guth must be busted to hand over the kicking duties...

10-0 - unexpected lead, but come on Eels!

Nice combo from Hands to Brown (with a decoy run through by Bryce?) close to the line for the first try - and strong run and angle by Penisini into the gap between two defenders to score.

Why couldn't we do more of that throughout the year?

Parra Pride

Referee
How many merkins just stood there and watched without helping? And then when someone does help they go low instead of wrapping up the ball, this team is f**king braindead.

Dragons try aside, I'm still re-watching our second try - another good combo between Hands and Brown sweeping left with decoy run by Lane... then Brown cuts out Blaize (wise) to Asi chiming in, who had to send a quick one hander to Sivo, who took on his man and the cover to show strength to score his milestone try.

Again, where was this earlier in the season - same personnel, even when Moses was out?

Chipmunk

Coach
Great half obviously.

i thoight we should've probably made more out of all of that early possession we had near the Dragons line, but the damage was done for us to capatalise at the back end of the half.

Defensively we havent been great, and its mainly been Dragons f**k ups at the end that has saved us

We've definitely worked out what the rest of the comp has been doing all season and not bothering to play the ball properly that's for sure. About f**ken time though.

Let's see if we can keep it going.