What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd26 Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 31st

Suitman

Post Whore
Sorry Suity, but I agree with @Noise. There is an absolute difference between a 1st grader and a “must keep”. There is nobody on that field yesterday that is a must keep. Some will find contracts elsewhere as they are first graders, but I’d be low balling the lot of them.

To be honest, Moses, Hopgood and Guymer are our only current must keep, and next year we can throw in Lomax.

That's fine mate to disagree with me. I'm cool with that.
I just think we have massive bones to be a really competitive side with a lot of the squad we already have. I'm adamant in my view that we have underperformed due to poor management and more particularly, poor coaching for years now. To make the same basic errors and mistakes year after year confirms this. BA should have been given the arse even before we made the GF in 2022.

Already, JR is trying to stamp his authority on this squad and he is doing it on the quiet which is even better. It is this that gives me hope that there is light at the end of this long, dark tunnel.

Agree with Suity re hope and the promise of different coaching bringing out the best in some of our players, where it's been lacking.

However I'm also glad that Ryles will have been watching us since his appointment in Round 18 - perhaps even before that - and making judgements on which f**kers couldn't be bothered turning up and playing with passion and leadership. And starting to decide who he needs to replace when their contracts run out (or before).

Latest posts