What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd26 Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 31st

The Predictor

Juniors
U
Not going to bag the side. We got a win in a tough season.....great for 70 mins. Horrible last 10, without Gutho.

Game is the story of our season....get blown off the park for 10-15 mins most games, which leads to a loss......plenty for Ryles to work with....

Bring on the spoon bowl
Ur not willing to bag a side that let 6 tries in 9 minutes???? FMD……

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Thought Moretti looked good, has good mobility. Could always make metres, just if he can get fitter and lift his involvement/work harder in defence, can see him potentially have a break out year next season. Nice first project for Ryles...

Eelogical

Referee
The last 15 minutes consisted of some really questionable refereeing decisions, a breakdown of defensive structures when Gutho was taken off, the Dragqueens attacked agst our weakness, speed . That needs to Be a priority in recruitment as it’s been so obvious this season.
It's probably a good thing that this game ended the way it did. It's damning evidence for Rilo to work with.

Chipmunk

Coach
It's probably a good thing that this game ended the way it did. It's damning evidence for Rilo to work with.
I think some people in our future recruitment and retention setup would've got more out of the last 11 minutes than they would've from anything else this season.

Pretty clear that they clocked off, and yes, it shouldn't have happened. But I wouldn't be too stressed about it. As ABC Grandstand all said, scoring all those tries in 9 minutes means nothing when the other team are 40+ and clock watching. They gave their 3,2,1 to Blaize, Dylan and Moretti and reiterated that STG deserve zip.
3 to Blaize...?

Brown, Sivo, Gutherson, Morretti, and Reg all easily get in front of Talagi for points today for mine.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That is a major red flag. To concede that many points with the slowest fullback in the comp off the field is quite alarming. I don't care how many players we have out injured, we've been in this situation too many times. They have Parra jerseys on and shouldn't fall into a power outage mode once Gutho goes off the field. Piss a lead away when we turn off. Why the hell should they turn off at all?

Its an attitude problem. The fact they have conceded that many points in a short space of time, tells you there needs to be big changes. Hopefully Ryles would fix it up. These clock off moments are a joke, just like against Penrith, Brisbane and I think the Warriors. We'd be up by 50 next week and still look like losing. I have little confidence in next week's game after that last 10 minutes.

3 to Blaize...?

Brown, Sivo, Gutherson, Morretti, and Reg all easily get in front of Talagi for points today for mine.
Blaine was a disgrace in defence again. FMD. Absolute rubbish. Morgan Harper better option, and for me to say that Harper is a better option is very hard to get those words out. I’d even go as far as to say that if Harper had played in 3/4 instead of Blaizr then we win another 2-3 games. That kid is absolute rubbish in defence. I’d play Harper next week.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Blaine was a disgrace in defence again. FMD. Absolute rubbish. Morgan Harper better option, and for me to say that Harper is a better option is very hard to get those words out. I’d even go as far as to say that if Harper had played in 3/4 instead of Blaizr then we win another 2-3 games. That kid is absolute rubbish in defence. I’d play Harper next week.

Shouldve picked him after the Penrith loss.

Delboy

First Grade
The ref seemed to decide he didn’t want to apply the mercy rule, with 10 minutes or so to go, Asi nearly scores and basically gets assaulted on tackle 4, waved play in when expected a sin bin. Within a few tackles, right in front of me, Bird dropped the ball cold and the ref blew for a penalty and then an unknown 6 again. That started the comeback.
Reggie arguing that the ball went dead with 1 minute to go and somehow the Dragqueens get to feed a scrum, we deserved to win but seriously it’s seems hard to get any calls in the last few weeks.