What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd26 Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 31st

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The ref seemed to decide he didn’t want to apply the mercy rule, with 10 minutes or so to go, Asi nearly scores and basically gets assaulted on tackle 4, waved play in when expected a sin bin. Within a few tackles, right in front of me, Bird dropped the ball cold and the ref blew for a penalty and then an unknown 6 again. That started the comeback.
Reggie arguing that the ball went dead with 1 minute to go and somehow the Dragqueens get to feed a scrum, we deserved to win but seriously it’s seems hard to get any calls in the last few weeks.

How the touch judges missed that and somehow called the "strip" is beyond me. Certain referees just lose the plot and look for things to keep the game going so he can get a payrise or another spot in first grade.

Soto

Bench
I think some ppl are being harsh on Dylbro playing 10 mins of fullback. 2 very difficult chances and dragqueens were on a massive roll.
He had a great game.
We clock off unfortunately. Also may have been OK let's relax...massive issue but not unexpected...mental and fitness
Also unfortunately I was in my car and unfortunately listening to 2GB just before when they had halftime at the Bronx Phins game and they threw to parra queens game and Les Boyd's mate said let's call a spade a spade and said queens were playing a crap team...
Thanks scoop...Les says hi

Chipmunk

Coach
No unexpected, most were already well known to be going elsewhere.
No mention of RCG, so maybe JR is working on him staying.:thinking:
They wouldnt announce anyone contracted until something is finalised anyway.

Did anyone uncontracted not get announced?

Pazza

First Grade
Yeah I don't disagree with the concept. It's just strange how we just capitulate so easily when he isn't on the field.

Our players and coaching staff dont fair well when adversity strikes. Just like when simonson went down verse the Panthers and we put Kelma in the centres.

Lomax will help next season but we need a marata in the back row. A bloke that can give you nrl level play in the centres.

Soto

Bench
Watching Lomax closely today....is he a better winger than centre? It was quite an unhappy game for him and I dont know whether he's better suited to the wing??

Bandwagon

Staff member
Watching Lomax closely today....is he a better winger than centre? It was quite an unhappy game for him and I dont know whether he's better suited to the wing??

Yeah, he has loads of skill but low discipline. At wing he gets plenty of opportunity to show off the skill, but less opportunity to do the low percentage stuff he does at centre.

"Wasted on the wing" is so f**king dated, wing is far more important a position than it once was.

Chipmunk

Coach
Every time he has played on the left side of the field in his Dragons career he has been attrocious.

So that means if he's going to play right centre then Penisini is going to have to play somewhere else.

Is our best solution not Lomax right wing, Penisini right centre?

Latest posts