What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY thread 20/6/20

Bazal

Post Whore
Great performance for mine. Class & first half possession told in the end, and a poor call when JWH lost the ball blew the score out.

Jennings sin bin was absolutely fair BTW. Little things like making the effort to get back onside there, or Nrown maybe looking for a quick PTB instead of giving it to Sivo to go into touch.

Matto losing possession rather than scoring too. They just do the extras better but no one can say we didn't stick it to them

Happy MEel

First Grade
We need a quality 14. We don’t. Stone was exposed like the f**king plodder he is. Blake is a terrible defender. He was f**king awful.

I don’t think the refs got them home. They were better, simple as that.
To be honest, segeyaro wouldn’t be terrible as a 14 (pending his drug conviction)

hindy111

Post Whore
No, they went up a gear as soon as we scored and left us behind easily. We didn't score another point OR look like it to be honest.

The ridiculous sin binning just took away any type of finish other than what we got however we had nothing left after the try, all we could do was hold on.

We are 17 minutes of fitness and toughness behind the Roosters.

Wasn't much in it. But Rooster did look the better side. Parra can learn from this game. They looked best with lots of short offloads.
Kafusi looks to strong to leave out of the 17. I'd drop Terepo next week. Stone had a ball raked and a bad refs call on that. What else did he do wrong? I forget, was it a high shot?
KE,Kafusi,Niakuore on bench with either Stone,Taka or W.Smith.
W .Smith can give a great 20mins when forwards are tired. And if Mahoney needs a rest he slots in. Otherwise he may get no game time which is fine. He will add spark

Gronk

Staff member
No, they went up a gear as soon as we scored and left us behind easily. We didn't score another point OR look like it to be honest.

The ridiculous sin binning just took away any type of finish other than what we got however we had nothing left after the try, all we could do was hold on.

We are 17 minutes of fitness and toughness behind the Roosters.
I think that’s a harsh assessment.

Happy MEel

First Grade
We win with Taka in the centres with Jenko tonight I reckon...
Only if Waqa performed crap the week before and was dropped
The thing is we lose last week. Blake just needs a rocket put up him this week. If BA can improve Moses’ defence, he can improve Blake’s.

tackling is 90% effort.

Bazal

Post Whore
To be honest, segeyaro wouldn’t be terrible as a 14 (pending his drug conviction)

I've said it before. Mahoney needs back up.

He is a gun, but when you make 56 tackles, you're gonna get tired. I don't blame him for the miss on Keary at all, he's a class player and with fatigue he'll make much more highly noted players look silly this year

Bazal

Post Whore
Also Blake is copping it, but Moses inside him missed 5 as well.

The Roosters managed to make them second guess other on that edge. They've been good this year but they were tested and found out a little tonight

T-Boon

Coach
There was a couple of passages of play by the eels that had me standing and applauding. I think we should try to find time to work more on our attack. We need to score points.

eel01s

Bench
Gutho got belted high - no penalty.

Fergo no try - well Cummins blew the penalty so quick they didn't have time for a look.

Terepo penalised for a strip when JWH already had lost possession.

Roosters 4 penalties in kicking range. Also we were stripped of the ball three times in the first half - including Matterson where he would have scored.

We were right in that game, and have proved we can match it with the best. Blake's defence was very poor tonight. What happened to Fergo and his go forward? He gets smashed every hit up.

Matterson was our best tonight.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Blake looked like he let last week go to his head and the effort just wasn’t there in defence. The merkin should be taught effort this week at training through hill sprints.

T-Boon

Coach
I've said it before. Mahoney needs back up.

He is a gun, but when you make 56 tackles, you're gonna get tired. I don't blame him for the miss on Keary at all, he's a class player and with fatigue he'll make much more highly noted players look silly this year

Exactly. Who cares about the 56 he made. I didnt even notice them. Its the crappy 4th quarter he had in defense that matters.
He should be making no more than 25/30 tackles a game.

hindy111

Post Whore
He looked injured.

He is strong and big. Off night. Maybe he had a tough week.

Parra showed they can win it. Matto and Fergo could of had tries in first half.
Gave away 4 points in penalty kicks from bad refs calls. Plenty didnt go Parras way.

But they lost it after they scored. The next set from kick of was hopeless.

Kornstar

Coach
Great performance for mine. Class & first half possession told in the end, and a poor call when JWH lost the ball blew the score out.

Jennings sin bin was absolutely fair BTW. Little things like making the effort to get back onside there, or Nrown maybe looking for a quick PTB instead of giving it to Sivo to go into touch.

Matto losing possession rather than scoring too. They just do the extras better but no one can say we didn't stick it to them

It may have been fair but that is the first time i can recall a sin binning from it. Roosters and Storm have built premierships on that type of play because they are happy to give away the penalty and have the kick for goal and then get the breather and go again.

We weren't going to win but it just made the last ten minutes pointless.

Consistency would be nice is all........