What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

Soto

Bench
Simple...we have the nucleus of a good side...however move 10 players on sign 6 or 7 new players and back fill the rest with juniors.
The Dolphins fullback tonight who they needed to get permission to play him as he's outside their top 30 is better than most if not all our backs.
I'd get 2 new wingers, a centre, a fullback 2 backrowers and a hooker..
We have the worst and slowest hooker in the game.
I'd sign turuva for fullback or winger
I'd sign the best hooker in nsw cup or Q cup...in the meantime lussick would be chopped and Hands in.
I'd see if Papalli is interested in coming back...he looked settled and happy here.
I'd be moving matterson on and Lane..
I'm sure Guymer would do the same if not better job in the backrow.
His bench rotations still stink after all these years...
Season is done already I'm afraid. There is a silver lining here...coach will be gone or new players will be promoted...

King-Gutho94

Coach
The club finally worked out the Rouse Hill Rhinos contingent we signed (besides Penisini) were all garbage. Unfortunately it was too late
We all knew the Rouse Hill Rhino Bias was leading down this path but the TCT and the BA defence squad chose to defend Brad at every opportunity.

You only have to speak to people that are involved in JRL in the area and they will happily admit how Brad and his cronies have developed a little circle in there that no one can break into unless you played under Brad at Junior level.

It's truly a disgrace what he has done to our great club.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Man, Brad Arthur has it sweet.

Gets no results out of a decent roster, and is rewarded by being our longest-serving coach of all-time.

Joe Blows in regular jobs get no results in their jobs, and are sacked pretty quickly.

But, no - not at Parramatta.

Regardless of the culture he has instilled as top dog....regardless of his inability to extract consistency from his team...he is backed by management as the man to lead us to glory.

Do the people running the club not feel sick, and embarrassed, that we are now the proud bearers of the longest drought in the NRL?

The last time we were relevant, Germany was divided into 2, separate states FFS...

And, so, what does he do, leading up to season 2024? He signs a player who spurned us once, and is bog average, and was on the plane to the UK, before this desperate excuse for a football club went crawling back to him, begging him to sign on...

It's not good enough.

His recruitment policies are bewildering - Lomax's signing is a start, but it should not save this man's job.

His inability to craft a roster with decent depth, and with speed in our backs, is alarming, and after eleven seasons, he still has no clue how to get this team to defend like a Premiership-calibre team.

He must go.

Soto

Bench
We all knew the Rouse Hill Rhino Bias was leading down this path but the TCT and the BA defence squad chose to defend Brad at every opportunity.

You only have to speak to people that are involved in JRL in the area and they will happily admit how Brad and his cronies have developed a little circle in there that no one can break into unless you played under Brad at Junior level.

Pom poms have been out far too long

Soto

Bench

Pom poms have been out far too

Gets no results out of a decent roster, and is rewarded by being our longest-serving coach of all-time.

Joe Blows in regular jobs get no results in their jobs, and are sacked pretty quickly.

Regardless of the culture he has instilled as top dog....regardless of his inability to extract consistency from his team...he is backed by management as the man to lead us to glory.

Do the people running the club not feel sick, and embarrassed, that we are now the proud bearers of the longest drought in the NRL?

The last time we were relevant, Germany was divided into 2, separate nations FFS...

And, so, what does he do, leading up to season 2024? He signs a player who spurned us once, and is big average, and was on the plane to the UK, before this desperate excuse for a football club went crawling back to him, begging him to sign on...

It's not good enough.

His recruitment policies are bewildering - Lomax's signing is a start, but it should not save this man's job.

His inability to craft a roster with decent depth, and with speed in our backs, is alarming, and after eleven seasons, he still has no clue how to get this team to defend like a Premiership-calibre team.

He must go.
That's the biggest embarrassment ...he's our longest serving coach with zero to show for it...spineless management keep extending him...give yourselves a triple uppercut you epic imbeciles...you should be massively ashamed whoever you are and have ratified extensions to this bum

King-Gutho94

Coach

The last time we were relevant, Germany was divided into 2, separate states FFS...

And, so, what does he do, leading up to season 2024? He signs a player who spurned us once, and is bog average, and was on the plane to the UK, before this desperate excuse for a football club went crawling back to him, begging him to sign on...

It's not good enough.

He must go.
Brad couldn't recruit a homeless man with no shoes out of pet barn.

the phantom menace

First Grade
The Dolphins fullback tonight who they needed to get permission to play him as he's outside their top 30 is better than most if not all our backs.
It was embarrassing. I see that potential in some of our backline players as they come through, but I reckon the system they are coached into doesn't give them the freedom or confidence to play with that spark in the big time.

Parra Pride

Coach
It was embarrassing. I see that potential in some of our backline players as they come through, but I reckon the system they are coached into doesn't give them the freedom or confidence to play with that spark in the big time.
Why would it? The last few years have been pass it to Sivo and hope for the best. We have one of the best half backs in the game, parked on the right 90% of the time because Brad can’t wrap his head around the idea of halves playing both sides in attack who actually has a centre outside him who is at the very least serviceable yet our entire game plan has been pass it to the Fijian guy who doesn’t want to run the ball.

DaveMc

Juniors
I think this is the issue. They play such a bland style of footy that even when we’re losing, you can’t say “at least it was entertaining”. But that’s been Arthur since the get go. Front load and chase the collision. Forget about any flair to score some points.

TheCrowe

Juniors
The really sad thing is that as dismal as things seem we are still have been in a better position in recent years then we have been since the late 80s. We have had dismal decades in the not too distant past.

The Predictor

Juniors
He knows he can’t fix it - so the only hope to stay employed is to convince his bosses that it is unfixable because the players can’t be coached - same argument Pou has been making the last week

Its a long shot strategy, which shows even Brad knows he should be gone really..,
That is one of the most embarrassing post match interviews I have ever seen, neither of them could string a sentence together, and Brad decided to absolve himself regarding his players rubbish performances, by the way Beaves and butthead come to mind every time I see these two idiots speak, apologies though to beave and butthead for comparison

Latest posts