What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

Soto

Bench
The best thing that can happen now is the board calls an emergency meeting and punt the coach with immediate effect...offer the role to Ryan Carr for the rest of the year....before getting Bennett next yr and then Ryan Carr takes the head coach role in 3 yrs

Avenger

Immortal
The best thing that can happen now is the board calls an emergency meeting and punt the coach with immediate effect...offer the role to Ryan Carr for the rest of the year.
That’s exactly what should happen but it won’t. Arthur has the board conned. Hopefully he is man enough to just quit like Brian Smith did when he knew his time was up.

Soto

Bench
Replace Brian with Brad and reprint the article .....https://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-05-15/smith-walks-out-on-eels/1754222

hindy111

Post Whore
Man, Brad Arthur has it sweet.

Gets no results out of a decent roster, and is rewarded by being our longest-serving coach of all-time.

Joe Blows in regular jobs get no results in their jobs, and are sacked pretty quickly.

But, no - not at Parramatta.

Regardless of the culture he has instilled as top dog....regardless of his inability to extract consistency from his team...he is backed by management as the man to lead us to glory.

Do the people running the club not feel sick, and embarrassed, that we are now the proud bearers of the longest drought in the NRL?

The last time we were relevant, Germany was divided into 2, separate states FFS...

And, so, what does he do, leading up to season 2024? He signs a player who spurned us once, and is bog average, and was on the plane to the UK, before this desperate excuse for a football club went crawling back to him, begging him to sign on...

It's not good enough.

His recruitment policies are bewildering - Lomax's signing is a start, but it should not save this man's job.

His inability to craft a roster with decent depth, and with speed in our backs, is alarming, and after eleven seasons, he still has no clue how to get this team to defend like a Premiership-calibre team.

He must go.

BA would of been best to go last year. Another club would of offered him a 3yr deal. Pending how we go this year he might be coaching the Rhinos for good

Soto

Bench
BA would of been best to go last year. Another club would of offered him a 3yr deal. Pending how we go this year he might be coaching the Rhinos for good
I honestly don't think he would get another first grade coaching job in the nrl...

hindy111

Post Whore
Is Brendan Hands a starting NRL hooker ? f**k no. Is he better than the current version of Lussick who can't keep up with play ? Probably.

That doesn't give you bragging rights, that just highlights how shit we are right now.

Here lies the problem with many of our squad like Asi, Lussick, Hands, Russell, Harper etc -consistently.

The problem is the tactics and man in charge. Dolphins had players nobody heard of and missing 8 players including their 4 best. It wasn't that we lost. We have no smoothness to anything we do. Side lacks energy.
We've copped two floggings in 3 weeks. I would understand if it was against a top.line side but Dolphins and Canberra are just middle of the road.

Happy MEel

First Grade
You’ve got to love the presser at 2.53.

Brad: “I’m not dissolving my responsibility, BUT…”

Before completely absolving all responsibility and throwing his players under the bus.

The fact he was genuinely happy with the first 30 minutes is the biggest problem as that’s the standard he wants. We were absolute trash and could only muster 2 tries with all that ball. That’s coaching you muppet.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I honestly don't think he would get another first grade coaching job in the nrl...

He probably would - the media thinks he is a "very good coach".

There's bound to be another board out there dumb enough to give him a job...

Soto

Bench
You’ve got to love the presser at 2.53.

Brad: “I’m not dissolving my responsibility, BUT…”

Before completely absolving all responsibility and throwing his players under the bus.

The fact he was genuinely happy with the first 30 minutes is the biggest problem as that’s the standard he wants. We were absolute trash and could only muster 2 tries with all that ball. That’s coaching you f**kwit.
We had all the ball but could do fk all with it...mediocrity is the acceptable standard.
The mentality clearly was stay in the grind and we will win this.
Theirs was let's keep playing footy and put foot on our throats...
Out schooled and outplayed by a bit parts team playing without 6 regular first graders in conditions we are more accustomed to.
We've now lost in Darwin 3 years in a row....time to f**k that off and give the loyal, passionate supporters another home game. Half the crowd goes for the opposition anyway.. wake the fk up u stupid club.
Here's a novel idea...play the Easter Monday game against the tuggers at Homebush and get 40-50k and play another game at Commbank...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Replace Brian with Brad and reprint the article .....https://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-05-15/smith-walks-out-on-eels/1754222
Last night thinking about it reminded me of that game in 2006 in about round 6 when we played Penrith at Parra stadium on a Sunday arvo.

Craig Gower got taken out and busted a lung just before HT and we went in at 18-10.

Penrith came out with no halfback and scored 5 tries to win 40-18.

Brian was gone a month later. But that loss was the start of the end.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Should of went for Flanngan when had the chance. Instead plenty wanted to laugh at how poor Cirlado looks. Dogs are starting to put it together. Ciraldo is doing fine.
Hasler was available as well.

Look at our roster compared to the Titans.

Des would be doing a better job here then on the GC. With what he has at his disposal.