What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

Gronk

Staff member
Bullshit. All you do is make excuses about this poorly run club and anyone who has been calling for change have been called death rider for years on here or made out they are dope and don't understand footy.
Now you are starting to realise we where right and this is you just making another excuse. This time it's me and Hineyrulz driving a wedge.
Stick to waving the flag.

BOOOOOOODS
You’re putting words in my mouth, you don’t know what I think.

There is nothing worse than merkins gloating after a loss. Your post rate has Booooooomed in the last 24 hours. Enoy your time I guess.

Legal Eel

Juniors
You know what? I was going to respond again but Pou and Gronk have got me, I’m exhausted.

You guys win and yet again an inexplicable lurch away from success and towards mediocrity takes down a parra supporter

neither of you wants success for the club, merely continued failure.

congratulations, you have it.

JokerEel

Coach
You’re putting words in my mouth, you don’t know what I think.

There is nothing worse than merkins gloating after a loss. Your post rate has Booooooomed in the last 24 hours. Enoy your time I guess.

I am not sure people on here are gloating, if it seems that it's probably masking the utter disbelief the way the club has gone from a Grand Finals side to a team that can't string back to back wins together.

They don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

There is nothing anyone can say that will magically fix the problem heads need to roll. If the players are playing like part time players either the coach needs to sack the players and if he doesn't have the cattle he needs to leak that shit to the media and put the heat on HOF..

Because we could all see the last batch of players signed after 2022 GF they were all shit the only dope on here that didn't is Pou.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If we beat Manly next week I'll still be drinking at the Brookie hotel till it closes next Friday night at 3am after the game.

Or the security eventually ask me to leave

We're a 100-1 to win next week.

Ive got a better chance of getting a date with the hot new girl at work than a Parramatta victory at Brookvale next week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You know what? I was going to respond again but Pou and Gronk have got me, I’m exhausted.

You guys win and yet again an inexplicable lurch away from success and towards mediocrity takes down a parra supporter

neither of you wants success for the club, merely continued failure.

congratulations, you have it.
I'm certain there are better coaches than Brad Arthur. I could confidently name half a dozen of them.

I'd be surprised if any of them came to our club but I'll be stoked if they do. It would mean a lot about our club has changed since the dark days of 2012-13. Even since the dark days of 1997-2009 when we lost two grand finals and five preliminary finals (but won a shitload of games). The best coach we had during that period was Smith (also a better coach than Arthur) but when was the last time we had a great coach at our club? It wasn't Monie. It was Jack Gibson, over forty years ago. Why did he agree to come back then, but a string of 'the next Jack Gibsons' have avoided our club in the four decades since? There are very few common denominators in that time. Is it just bad luck?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am not sure people on here are gloating, if it seems that it's probably masking the utter disbelief the way the club has gone from a Grand Finals side to a team that can't string back to back wins together.
It feels like 2004, which was also the second year of a period between premiership windows. Although interestingly, of our nine measly wins that year, eight of them came in clusters of two. We lost three straight twice and five straight once.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fantastic to know 📐
My point is that premiership windows close. Except in Melbourne. We'll be back, with or without Brad Arthur. But I doubt sacking him will speed things up. Lomax is a good get, and definitely what we need, but we have basically the same squad next year. 2026 is when we have a lot of room for squad changes, though we will still have three forwards over the age of 31.

the phantom menace

First Grade
It was Jack Gibson, over forty years ago. Why did he agree to come back then, but a string of 'the next Jack Gibsons' have avoided our club in the four decades since? There are very few common denominators in that time. Is it just bad luck?
You're really not a student of history, are you? You haven't researched why Gibson took on the challenge of coming to Parra for the 1981 season - but still try and construct your flimsy strawman arguments just for the semi-boner you presumably maintain only while typing.

Gronk

Staff member
I am not sure people on here are gloating,
The person who keeps trolling with Boooooooooods, was gloating.
if it seems that it's probably masking the utter disbelief the way the club has gone from a Grand Finals side to a team that can't string back to back wins together.

They don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

There is nothing anyone can say that will magically fix the problem heads need to roll. If the players are playing like part time players either the coach needs to sack the players and if he doesn't have the cattle he needs to leak that shit to the media and put the heat on HOF..
I fully understand and share your mood at the moment.

I also totally understand the frustration of the premiership drought on a macro level and the imbalance of the squad on a micro level.

One thing I have learned in life is that things are never as good or as bad as they seem.

The board will no doubt ask questions as to why we as so inconsistent. I am not silly enough to pretend that I have the answers.

I know that merkins on here think that they “know” the cause of the problems and there seems to be a myriad of solutions proposed, but with all due respect to those highly respected posters, they where whinging about the same stuff before then we made the GF. The same system is in place now, so what has gone wrong ? Who or what is is not handling change or doing there job correctly now ? We literally made the GF 18 months ago, what has changed or who or what has occurred that put us in this situation ? If I knew that answer I would be working in the NRL rather than being an epidemiologist.

hindy111

Post Whore
The person who keeps trolling with Boooooooooods, was gloating.

I fully understand and share your mood at the moment.

I also totally understand the frustration of the premiership drought on a macro level and the imbalance of the squad on a micro level.

One thing I have learned in life is that things are never as good or as bad as they seem.

The board will no doubt ask questions as to why we as so inconsistent. I am not silly enough to pretend that I have the answers.

I know that merkins on here think that they “know” the cause of the problems and there seems to be a myriad of solutions proposed, but with all due respect to those highly respected posters, they where whinging about the same stuff before then we made the GF. The same system is in place now, so what has gone wrong ? Who or what is is not handling change or doing there job correctly now ? We literally made the GF 18 months ago, what has changed or who or what has occurred that put us in this situation ? If I knew that answer I would be working in the NRL rather than being an epidemiologist.

Gloating? Pointing out the clubs direction and what to expect. I felt it's a good squad and could push for top 4. But it's worse then last year. Stale.
The style of play represents a game of forcemans back. Zero ball movement inside our own half. The defense is a cluster f**k.
You want answers? Here they are

1. Coach - Nice guy but lacks the tactics of the better coaches.Along with coaching staff. Overhaul needed. Team is stale.

2. 4yr contracts to 4 old forwards. I mean what where they thinking? Imagine have signed Marata and Papali'i over Lane and Matterson. Younger,tougher, twice as much effort every week.

3. Sivos contract. He had about 6 great games before contract renewal after being consistently hot and cold and they give him 3yrs.

4. Stefano - Anyone with any foresight could see he was our best junior forward in 15yrs. We had to pay up to keep him. Right now him at 750k would be far better then and prop we have. Ridiculous not having him as a priority junior signing.

5. Joe O - 450k? Kidding themselves. Plodder. Why do you reckon Tigers moved him on.

6. Gutherson - Great player and leader. Milked us and we paid overs. At end of 2025 I'd let him walk or offer a very small contract. 350k range. His knee and body is done at elite level.

7. Jnr development - Where are they?

8. Depth - NSW cup and Flegg are getting lapped each week.We have zero depth.

9. Backline - It's lacked speed for 3yrs. Never addressed.

10. Back up Halfback- We do not have one.

11. Mahoney. - Hate to say it but we miss him big time. He always gave 100%. I give the club a pass here because the money was big but if I had my time again I'd chose him over the KING based on his age.

hindy111

Post Whore
We obviously have an issue identifying backs. I remember the hype around Naiduki and Komalfe. I watched them once and I was quick to say both where crap. Komalfe looked like a clumsy giraffe with no power.
What have we developed? Russel?
He is very average NRL player. Young sure but he lacks speed and power. I don't see a high ceiling. Yet that is the best winger we've developed in our junior system in how many years?

Gronk

Staff member
Gloating? Pointing out the clubs direction and what to expect. I felt it's a good squad and could push for top 4. But it's worse then last year. Stale.
The style of play represents a game of forcemans back. Zero ball movement inside our own half. The defense is a cluster f**k.
You want answers? Here they are

1. Coach - Nice guy but lacks the tactics of the better coaches.Along with coaching staff. Overhaul needed. Team is stale.

2. 4yr contracts to 4 old forwards. I mean what where they thinking? Imagine have signed Marata and Papali'i over Lane and Matterson. Younger,tougher, twice as much effort every week.

3. Sivos contract. He had about 6 great games before contract renewal after being consistently hot and cold and they give him 3yrs.

4. Stefano - Anyone with any foresight could see he was our best junior forward in 15yrs. We had to pay up to keep him. Right now him at 750k would be far better then and prop we have. Ridiculous not having him as a priority junior signing.

5. Joe O - 450k? Kidding themselves. Plodder. Why do you reckon Tigers moved him on.

6. Gutherson - Great player and leader. Milked us and we paid overs. At end of 2025 I'd let him walk or offer a very small contract. 350k range. His knee and body is done at elite level.

7. Jnr development - Where are they?

8. Depth - NSW cup and Flegg are getting lapped each week.We have zero depth.

9. Backline - It's lacked speed for 3yrs. Never addressed.

10. Back up Halfback- We do not have one.

11. Mahoney. - Hate to say it but we miss him big time. He always gave 100%. I give the club a pass here because the money was big but if I had my time again I'd chose him over the KING based on his age.
You have a habit of hitting reply to me and talking about something else.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm certain there are better coaches than Brad Arthur. I could confidently name half a dozen of them.

I'd be surprised if any of them came to our club but I'll be stoked if they do. It would mean a lot about our club has changed since the dark days of 2012-13. Even since the dark days of 1997-2009 when we lost two grand finals and five preliminary finals (but won a shitload of games). The best coach we had during that period was Smith (also a better coach than Arthur) but when was the last time we had a great coach at our club? It wasn't Monie. It was Jack Gibson, over forty years ago. Why did he agree to come back then, but a string of 'the next Jack Gibsons' have avoided our club in the four decades since? There are very few common denominators in that time. Is it just bad luck?

There aint too many Jack Gibsons around nowdays, Benny and Bellamy perhaps, no one else that springs to mind.

Latest posts