What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: EELS v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 24/6/23

T.S Quint

Coach
I’m very happy we won but was quite disappointed in that second half. The fact we didn’t hit 50 after scoring 42 in the first half was annoying, but it was the 16 points we let them score that pissed me off the most. Letting in 20 points, even in a big win like that is unacceptable.

Funnily enough, if the halves were reversed I’d be feeling a lot better and more excited about the win. A big comeback always beats a second half fade-out any day.
In his interview straight after the game Moses looked pissed. He was talking like we had actually lost the game, which I’m kind of happy about.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Legal Eel: Sex Pest Lawyer
Disgraceful personal slur.

Also, it is a central tenet of a free society that every accused has the right to a defence or legal representation without any prejudice.

Or are you saying we should just abolish legal representation in this country? Would we then accept the police and prosecution case every time?

Given such a gutter attack, you and 84 Baby can have your little forum cabal to yourselves - disgusting

the phantom menace

First Grade
Brown - and even Hayne - deserve representation.

Legal Aid is there for people who aren't rich footballers, and can't afford to buy their representation. Otherwise we'd be as corrupt as some people have argued the country which didn't charge/charged Andrew Tate was.

84 Baby

Referee
So you don’t believe everyone is entitled to a defence or representation?

I can only wonder if your position would change if you or someone you loved needed representation? I guarantee you it would.
You’re the one who called them grubs. Your conclusion that I don’t believe in the right to fair trial is incorrect.

Legal Eel

Juniors
You’re the one who called them grubs. Your conclusion that I don’t believe in the right to fair trial is incorrect.
you must be so proud of yourself. You baited me by insinuating that I'm a sex offender - but then revealed yourself to be a sensible thinker all along, all whilst baiting me into "over reacting" to your disgraceful slur.

You are just so clever to slur people that way.

84 Baby

Referee
you must be so proud of yourself. You baited me by insinuating that I'm a sex offender - but then revealed yourself to be a sensible thinker all along, all whilst baiting me into "over reacting" to your disgraceful slur.

You are just so clever to slur people that way.
How folly of me for you to have seen through my ruse. It was highly uncouth for me to not be cognisant of the assemblage of well-mannered patrons to whom my missive was consumed by.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or are you saying we should just abolish legal representation in this country? Would we then accept the police and prosecution case every time?
I’m pretty sure the modern push is to just believe accusers. Court cases and shit are bad for the mental health of victims and prevent others from coming forward. Get on board ffs

Legal Eel

Juniors
I’m pretty sure the modern push is to just believe accusers. Court cases and shit are bad for the mental health of victims and prevent others from coming forward. Get on board ffs
On this topic I know you possess reason and a definitive opinion - so I’m glad to divine the sarcasm

the phantom menace

First Grade
So when Pou defends the club he’s a troll.
When Legal Eel defends sex pests it’s all good.
Pou doesn't defend the club. He simply defends his own version of what he assumes to be what the club (whatever that means) was thinking, for shits and giggles to feed his addiction to needing to be a contrary f**ker.

Every game day thread ends up the same, a matter of hours after the full-time whistle
#un(merkin)-troll-able

T.S Quint

Coach
Pou doesn't defend the club. He simply defends his own version of what he assumes to be what the club (whatever that means) was thinking, for shits and giggles to feed his addiction to needing to be a contrary f**ker.

Every game day thread ends up the same, a matter of hours after the full-time whistle
#un(merkin)-troll-able

Nah. You just see it that way because you don’t agree with him.

I don’t always agree with stuff he says, but I never once think he doesn’t believe what he’s saying.

Gronk

Staff member
Bloke in a Bar merkins don't support the Eels, but are all aboard the Parra 2023 and BA train. Well this week anyway.

You have to FFWD a bit to the game reviews. They do the Eels game after the Warriors game.

I like these merkins, they put fresh eyes on footy analysis and don't have ingrained biases like the journos. They just call it as they see it.

Latest posts