What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re name forum to USARL

DaBears

Juniors
I just got home & checked the scores from the real USA side v SA & i'm shocked(not) that there is nothing on this board about their victory.
Now if they lost the forum would have been flooded with glee about David Nui demise & how great the USARL is.
SoI've come to the conclusion that no matter what the AMNRL does that's beneficial to league in general it will get shot down on this site...so I think we should rename it "The USARL Forum"
Everyone in favor say " I "

juro

Bench
You may wish to look in the international section for the threads on the world cup qualifiers...

DINGb@T

Juniors
^

I know the AMNRL cops some flak on here but I dont think it's a conspiracy. Just more to talk about in the Italy/Russia game (a game which had a few dozen of us up late last night trying to track down a live stream. Unsuccessfully :( un fortunately) Guarantee you we'd be talking the US/SA game if it was televised.

Goddo

Bench
You may wish to look in the international section for the threads on the world cup qualifiers...
This

last time I checked, South Africa is not in North America. Any talk of the WC Qualifiers belongs on the International main page.

Talk of Canada vs US friendlies, or of American domestic leagues belongs North American forum.

billy2

Juniors
The forum used to be called the AMNRL forum.
It was re-named the North American forum well before the split in the US because of the rise of Jamacia 3 or 4 years ago, and since then it has been the place for Canadian discussion too.

I see the point about the AMNRL not getting good press here, and i think it is really hurting the code that many people can't see that the worst way for things to go is a war of Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD).
The code will eventually come together in America. Australians and Poms throwing oil on the fire is just making it harder for that to happen.

DINGb@T

Juniors
If you DO have something positive to talk about concerning the AMNRL I'd be happy to talk about it. Very happy.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
There's been stuff all AMNRL talk in here because they (the AMNRL) don't seem to be putting out much for us to talk about.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
I just got home & checked the scores from the real USA side v SA & i'm shocked(not) that there is nothing on this board about their victory.
Now if they lost the forum would have been flooded with glee about David Nui demise & how great the USARL is.
SoI've come to the conclusion that no matter what the AMNRL does that's beneficial to league in general it will get shot down on this site...so I think we should rename it "The USARL Forum"
Guilty as charged. Although I will say this - I tried to stay off Facebook until after I saw the replay of the Wales-France RUWC game so didn't know the score until later. I tried to find the score on the the AMNRL site but it wasn't there. Anyway, congratulations to the US, but I still think the USARL players were slighted and that shouldn't have happened. As it turns out you could play anywhere else in the world except the USARL to be eligible, so IMO Niu and co. deserve the flak that they have received. The result is great for North American rugby league. With what is going on in my country, Canada, and if the Americans can move on to the WC it bodes well for the code in North America.:eek:

Last edited:

WAPAU

Juniors
Can someone explain to me what is happening with league in the us. Why are there two governing bodies?

Do they both produce a national team?

league13

Juniors

Just been on the AMNRL site and still no account of the game against SA,not even the final score
If Nui wants to earn some respect he needs to keep those that once supported him better informed of what's going on.Today he risked losing to SA by not selecting players that should have been in the team.How can you respect a guy who is prepared to do that, rather than lose face?

the USA still have to get past Jamaica in 2 weeks. The best result will be to see the USA win all their matches. I woke up this morning searching for streams but none for either games, wonder if we will get to see any?? :sarcasm: perhaps then we would be more intersted.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Organizing a national USA team that includes retired Australians and ineligible Samoans and excludes the vast majority of genuine USA players is not 'beneficial to league in general'. Neither is organizing a WC qualifying tournament with absolutely zero publicity and seemingly for the benefit of nobody but themselves. We've already heard complaints from other nations about the AMNRL's organization, and given their track record I wouldn't be surprised if it has not improved here, certainly media-wise it doesn't appear to have improved whatsoever. If you can find anything good about the AMNRL for us to talk about, then I'm sure we gladly will (by 'good' I actually mean good for RL, rather than good because it's getting one over on the rival comp). But until the current management are removed then no, I'm not going to congratulate the AMNRL select Tomahawks. I hope they lose every game 100-0.

mother rucker

Juniors
Organizing a national USA team that includes retired Australians and ineligible Samoans and excludes the vast majority of genuine USA players is not 'beneficial to league in general'. Neither is organizing a WC qualifying tournament with absolutely zero publicity and seemingly for the benefit of nobody but themselves. We've already heard complaints from other nations about the AMNRL's organization, and given their track record I wouldn't be surprised if it has not improved here, certainly media-wise it doesn't appear to have improved whatsoever. If you can find anything good about the AMNRL for us to talk about, then I'm sure we gladly will (by 'good' I actually mean good for RL, rather than good because it's getting one over on the rival comp). But until the current management are removed then no, I'm not going to congratulate the AMNRL select Tomahawks. I hope they lose every game 100-0.

OH MY GOD, I could not have said this better myself.

It is clear to the WORLD that the none selection of players in te USA is an injustic. Yet nothing is done about it. The team that was put on the field against SA was not the USA team but an AMNRL select side.

Pish

tcc_dc

Juniors
OH MY GOD, I could not have said this better myself.

It is clear to the WORLD that the none selection of players in te USA is an injustic. Yet nothing is done about it. The team that was put on the field against SA was not the USA team but an AMNRL select side.

Pish

A lot of truth, but I know that a contingent of DC Slayers went to the game to support the USA team....Danny was streaming scores via twitter for those that could not make it.

druzik

Juniors

Just been on the AMNRL site and still no account of the game against SA,not even the final score
If Nui wants to earn some respect he needs to keep those that once supported him better informed of what's going on.Today he risked losing to SA by not selecting players that should have been in the team.How can you respect a guy who is prepared to do that, rather than lose face?

There was never a risk of losing to SA, USA picked a team stacked with imports ... and remember that its Matthew Elliott Calling the shots in this campaign and no Niu ... as far as I understand Niu is not involved in the team selections at all.

mother rucker

Juniors
There was never a risk of losing to SA, USA picked a team stacked with imports ... and remember that its Matthew Elliott Calling the shots in this campaign and no Niu ... as far as I understand Niu is not involved in the team selections at all.

If that is the case then its just another example of why this is NOT a USA national team. More so an AMNRL select side.
There are plenty of good American National players to fill a competitive true USA national team. If not then lets stop talking about the cross over athletes of the United States. They cant represent there country anyway.

The fact is, this does NOTHING for rugby league in the USA. Just boost the international image of a man that doesn't allow Americans to represent their country. An Australian no less.

Look kids in the States play sports with dreams of greatness. Football = NFL, Baseball = MLB, Basketball = NBA
Hell high school rugby union players talk about playing for the Eagles.

But they wont even get selected for the Tomahawks. Well stack that team with Imports.

Just cause they have a Flag jersey doesn't make them a USA team. The players should at least live here. Or play in the USA comps 1 of the 2.

AMNRL select side. That discriminates against Americans. Not our way...

billy2

Juniors
If that is the case then its just another example of why this is NOT a USA national team. More so an AMNRL select side.
There are plenty of good American National players to fill a competitive true USA national team. If not then lets stop talking about the cross over athletes of the United States. They cant represent there country anyway.

The fact is, this does NOTHING for rugby league in the USA. Just boost the international image of a man that doesn't allow Americans to represent their country. An Australian no less.

Look kids in the States play sports with dreams of greatness. Football = NFL, Baseball = MLB, Basketball = NBA
Hell high school rugby union players talk about playing for the Eagles.

But they wont even get selected for the Tomahawks. Well stack that team with Imports.

Just cause they have a Flag jersey doesn't make them a USA team. The players should at least live here. Or play in the USA comps 1 of the 2.

AMNRL select side. That discriminates against Americans. Not our way...
A fully amatuer side at the WC would be slaughtered.
The American born and bred guys who do make the finals squad (if you get over Jamacia) will have to step up to a professional level, and they will benefit a hell of a lot from playing with pros and against pros.
Maybe in your first WC you will only have 5-10 true blue yanks, but those guys will be fast tracked to a level that would take a decade otherwise.
This isn't Rugby Union - there won't be refs going soft and teams who show up for just a kick and a giggle will be destroyed.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Niu has been front and center with rugby league in the United States since the begininng, in fact, as you know, he is the beginning. He also coached the team in their last game prior to the South Africa game, and it is your feeling he had no say in the selection of players. Well, if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. Cheap.

Latest posts