What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel eyes Eels top job - mX

Parra Future

Juniors
From potato carter to $450 000 a year.
And some question Leabeaters experience. :?

Suity

Could be wrong, but I believe the $450k salary is due to being the CEO of two entities, FC & LC. If someone was to be the CEO of only one, and there was a CEO of the other, then they would not be on the above money.

parra pete

Referee
From owning his own trucking business to CEO...It wouldn't matter if he was carting sh*t, potatoes, gold, timber, bricks, concrete..he had his own trucking business. Good on him. He is qualified and there is no more experienced CEO in Rugby League - or for that matter I would imagine a Leagues Club...

As far as I am concerned his Salary is his business.

Ben G M

Juniors
That's the thing. Was he given such a Now every member, Life, Perpetual or Common member of the club recieves the Financial and Annual Report, surely in 1988 or 1989 when Mr Leabeater didn't recieve the annual report from the club it would be something he questioned then, and not 22 years latter when approached to run for the board.

My understanding regarding Terry's eligibility to run for the board is that, in past years he has been allowed to vote and this year, despite not doing anything different from pervious years, he was ineligible to vote (and by vertue of definition) run. The question he was asking was, what has changed? What made him capable of voting in past elections and not the current one?

Parra Future

Juniors
My understanding regarding Terry's eligibility to run for the board is that, in past years he has been allowed to vote and this year, despite not doing anything different from pervious years, he was ineligible to vote (and by vertue of definition) run. The question he was asking was, what has changed? What made him capable of voting in past elections and not the current one?

Hello Benny.

Stagger eel

Staff member
From potato carter to $450 000 a year.
And some question Leabeaters experience. :?

Suity

well to be fare suity, the was 30 years experiance in the clubs administration between carting potatos and earning that sort of dosh as well as the 8 years of volunteer work for his junior club prior to his retirement from playing.

Suitman

Post Whore
well to be fare suity, the was 30 years experiance in the clubs administration between carting potatos and earning that sort of dosh

So he's only been earning that salary for the past year?
Ok then.
Let's not get into semantics, otherwise, you're missing my point.

I've got a feeling we'd save a 100 g's just by changing CEO's tbh.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
so we'd have 2 CEOs for the 2 different positions, yet going forward they'd be unlikely to ever total the same as denis' current single salary? ..... tbh I would have thought there'd be more risk of spending more with 2 different people ... but I suppose it depends on the 2 people's expectations

Stagger eel

Staff member
So he's only been earning that salary for the past year?
Ok then.
Let's not get into semantics, otherwise, you're missing my point.

I've got a feeling we'd save a 100 g's just by changing CEO's tbh.

Suity

well i'm not sure how long he's been earning that sort of money be he sure as hasn't carted a patato bag for a while...

Hello Ben,

Again it is quite interesting. Having read Terry's Letter in the Telegraph he claims he voted in 1994 and 1996. So a follow up to your "what has changed?" question might be when did it change?

A follow up to that would be has Terry been recieving Annual Reports and Concise reports since 1996? If you are a life member, perpetual member or standard member (voting or non) you recieve these things and your name is in the Annual report.

Now I can only go back to 2002. As that is the latest PDRLC Annual Report I could get my hands on, but Terry's name is not in that report. So if we take it from Terry's last supposed voting, in 1996, thats up to 12 years as a non member.

I guess they way it seems to me, someone that didn't automaticly get membership of this club through playing for it, someone that had to find 2 voting members in 1998, someone that has maintained their membership for the last 10 years, that Terry may have taken his membership a little for granted, and then all of a sudden when he wants to run, he can't because of this issue.

fish eel

Immortal
That would be an instant cut to the expenses straight up which would help.

Col, 33.:D

That would could be negated, in the first year anyway, by any entitlements, such as long service that may be payable to a departing CEO. ;-)

I would think a CEO of a leagues club with a turnover the size of parramatta would justify a pretty significant salary.

Bigfella

Coach
Hello Ben,

Again it is quite interesting. Having read Terry's Letter in the Telegraph he claims he voted in 1994 and 1996. So a follow up to your "what has changed?" question might be when did it change?

A follow up to that would be has Terry been recieving Annual Reports and Concise reports since 1996? If you are a life member, perpetual member or standard member (voting or non) you recieve these things and your name is in the Annual report.

Now I can only go back to 2002. As that is the latest PDRLC Annual Report I could get my hands on, but Terry's name is not in that report. So if we take it from Terry's last supposed voting, in 1996, thats up to 12 years as a non member.

I guess they way it seems to me, someone that didn't automaticly get membership of this club through playing for it, someone that had to find 2 voting members in 1998, someone that has maintained their membership for the last 10 years, that Terry may have taken his membership a little for granted, and then all of a sudden when he wants to run, he can't because of this issue.

He was granted perpetual membership of course he would take it for granted :lol:

If he was told he was a member and never received crap in the post, was still able to vote, why would he ever query not getting anything?

He is perfectly entitled to query why he was stopped from voting only when it became publicly known that he would be voting a certain way.

I think people need to get well and truly over this TBH.

fish eel

Immortal
He was granted perpetual membership of course he would take it for granted :lol:

If he was told he was a member and never received crap in the post, was still able to vote, why would he ever query not getting anything?

He is perfectly entitled to query why he was stopped from voting only when it became publicly known that he would be voting a certain way.

I think people need to get well and truly over this TBH.

In other words, kiss the salmon MITS!

TheRam

Coach
From owning his own trucking business to CEO...It wouldn't matter if he was carting sh*t, potatoes, gold, timber, bricks, concrete..he had his own trucking business. Good on him. He is qualified and there is no more experienced CEO in Rugby League - or for that matter I would imagine a Leagues Club...

As far as I am concerned his Salary is his business.

Experienced maybe, knowledgeable on the other hand, NOT ON YOUR LIFE CHINA!

strider

Post Whore
I don't want to have started some crap about him being a 'Perpetual' member ... he said he believed he had some sort of membership, I can't remember the exact words

but at the end of the day he believed he had membership, had actually voted in the past - which suggests the club thought he did at some stage too ..... maybe when it all boils down to it he DOESN'T and hence was rightly stopped from being nominated - BUT you can't blame the bloke for thinking he was eligible if he HAD voted in the past regardless of whether he received a bloody book in the mail each year (hint hint, some ppl don't collect the books)