What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebels Chase Knights Flyer Cooper Vuna

aqua_duck

Coach
I remember reading some weeks back that Isaac Gordon from Cronulla was interested in coming to the knights. Not big but very quick. I think he scored two tries against us including that long range intercept.
hes another journeyman, we have enough of them already.
McManus might not have Vuna's hit ups but he makes quality metres out of dummy half, might not score as many tries but doesn't let in many either

Spark Plug

Juniors
Typical union scum. They rebels may as well just replace the storm and play league.

Rugby union. What a F***ing myth.

Yosh

Coach
Waow... That's crazy man... Was really getting fond of him...

When does he leave? Yeah got McManus to cover so not a huge losss I guess...

Hey Kev Naiquama Roops, any chance we can use him like the Dogs use Barba? I mean interchange back on the bench, if we need a bit of a spark, some of the opposition forwards are getting a little tired, come on as hooker/lock and just run around the ruck for 10 to 15mins 2nd half? Just an idea...

No point in playing vuna for the rest of the year we arent going to make the 8 anyway.

Time to blood some youngins or bring back Jimmy if fit.

Yosh

Coach
No point in playing vuna for the rest of the year we arent going to make the 8 anyway.

Time to blood some youngins or bring back Jimmy if fit.

It could be just me but I hate it when fans write off the team like that... I mean yeah the odds are slim of us getting anywhere of note this year but I don't think top 8 is out of the questoin at all! I would definately consider getting Jimmy back in the side but don't have the mentality of:

"Not gonna win this one, lets not try and let our youngins get a hammering"

Whats Doing

Bench
hes another journeyman, we have enough of them already.
McManus might not have Vuna's hit ups but he makes quality metres out of dummy half, might not score as many tries but doesn't let in many either

I wouldn't call someone who is only 23 a journeyman.

aqua_duck

Coach
I wouldn't call someone who is only 23 a journeyman.
well at 23 he's the same age as Jimmy Mac and older than all our other wingers despite having significantly less experience. Also at 176cm and 84kg he's tiny, if we want a speedstar I'd rather give Kev Naiqama a go, he's as quick as anyone I've seen, and abit bigger and younger

Alex28

Coach
What seems to be disappointing is that if you read the report in the Newcastle Herald yesterday the club was talking like they had only just opened negotiations with him for next year. The club was asking for some patience, that the whole competition was up in the air recruitment wise due to the Storm, and that they would have a clearer picture for them after the first bye. Seems that Cooper - the supposed great clubman that he is - couldn't wait for that and jumped ship.

Rick Stone said himself that if they negotiated any earlier they would have offered him a much lower offer than they would now due to the improvement in his form, and that they were going back to him with an improved offer. Shame he couldn't at least wait for that before signing with Union...

Alex28

Coach
From the Fox Sports article:
Vuna has been linked to a move to rugby for quite some time and gave club officials an inkling of his plans on Friday when he quietly asked if he could address team-mates at training this week.

"It's disappointing, for sure," Stone said. "We've tried to extend his contract several times since late last season, but Cooper was happy to just back himself; I guess we now know why."

Some of them knew earlier than that - Zeb called him "Rebel" on Facebook last weekend...

88.Knights

Juniors
would've been better if it was sau who was leaving us, vuna when he ran hard and straight was great to watch, i hope we have nothing to do with that isaac gordon guy tho

Whats Doing

Bench
The comp. only goes for 4 months and ends in May.

Hope Coops will enjoy park football in front of a few spectators and a dog.

Serc

First Grade
Yeah...would be interesting to see if McManus comes straight in after the bye...has been doing full training for 2 weeks right now, so should be well and truly 100% ready by then.

Alex28

Coach
Is it that feasible that the players knew about what was going on and Rick Stone and management only heard about it on Friday? I don't know whether that says there is a bit of a divide between the coaching staff and the players or not...

Whats Doing

Bench
I don't think so. Most people don't tell their bosses their leaving until the last possible moment that they are required to do so.

Alex28

Coach
I don't think so. Most people don't tell their bosses their leaving until the last possible moment that they are required to do so.
Yeah...actually thought about that after...disappointing that he has been negotiating with the Rebels and not even have the decency to give the Knights an opportunity to match or better their offer...