What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebels Chase Knights Flyer Cooper Vuna

RABK

Referee
Vuna is in Melbourne to sign the contract over dinner tonight, going by his facebook postings that is.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/cvuna?ref=ts

Unsure if his profile is private for non friends.

Sad to him go if he does sign, but it does clear one positional headache albeit one we'd probably like. Do people forget how good Jimmy Mac was for us at club level before injury? Origin player he ain't but he was a damn good finisher, defender and metre maker when in trouble.

I'd still take Vuna over McManus purely because we need as many x factor players as we can field because of our useless halves and forwards. McManus would not have scored those tries from Rogers kicks vs the Roosters put simply. But his skill set is different and is one that belongs in first grade football especially in a sh*t squad as it stands like ours.

RABK

Referee
Well he is in Melbourne, He was in a meeting today and he is now attending what sounds like a Business dinner. Thats the facts. His last posting was 'What's Melbourne got for me Tonight?'

Geez this is stalkerish, but meh... Dureau is on my facebook too - hate mail?

Is he under contract with us? If so he must be doing this with the permission and wishes of the Knights.

Johns Magic

Referee
Well he is in Melbourne, He was in a meeting today and he is now attending what sounds like a Business dinner. Thats the facts. His last posting was 'What's Melbourne got for me Tonight?'

Geez this is stalkerish, but meh... Dureau is on my facebook too - hate mail?

Is he under contract with us? If so he must be doing this with the permission and wishes of the Knights.

Cheers.

And it doesn't matter if Vuna is under contract with us AFAIK, the Rebels are not an NRL team and don't have to adhere to any anti-tampering deadlines. Who's gonna punish them, David Gallop?

Serc

First Grade
Be sad to see him go...but if he does, frees up even more $$$ than any other club in the NRL to chuck at someone like Gasnier or Inglis.

Alex28

Coach
Not so private...

Jonah Tali Lomu What ever they have i'm sure you CAN handle it.
33 minutes ago

Cooper Vuna Yea bra...stayn in the city,what's good??Jonah you mite have to teach me how to play your game??lol
He's gone...

Nuffy

Bench
No huge loss really....

You're right, as handy a winger as he can be, the fact is he's a winger.

I am however concerned that we've likely now lost 3 players from next years roster (Vuna, Houston and Wicks) and aren't any closer to adding anyone, let alone a marquee player.

Stone's comments in today's Herald didn't exactly suggest they are confident of securing Henry, so thus far we aren't travelling well.

Stone, Onslow and Burruston still have time to prove the doubters wrong, but the pressures on.

Alex28

Coach
My feeling is that we'll get Henry. Can't say why. :)

Vuna will be a big loss. McManus is a competent winger, great defender, but I can't see him scoring 20 tries a season though...

meatloaf

Juniors
Cooper Vuna: Yea bra...stayn in the city,what's good??Jonah you mite have to teach me how to play your game??lol

From his facebook. Good as gone.

Nuffy

Bench
My feeling is that we'll get Henry. Can't say why. :)

Vuna will be a big loss. McManus is a competent winger, great defender, but I can't see him scoring 20 tries a season though...

Fair point, McManus was dependable in 2008 or whenever was the last time he played but I just can't see him breaking the line like Vuna, nor scoring the long range tries Vuna can.

I suppose we just can't afford to keep Vuna however I would prefer to keep Vuna rather than McManus.

Joker's Wild

Coach
If Jimmy had a centre like Maddog inside him he would score his fair share as he can finish off really well from up to 20m out.

Having Lulia or Sau "feed" him the ball though, well he'd be lucky to run in 1 or 2

Of all the wingers at our club, losing Vuna would worry me the least.

roopy

Referee
Kev Naiquama got his second hat trick of tries in as many games in NSW cup (he sat out last week, but got a hat trick V Newtown the week before, and a hat trick v Cronulla this week).
He missed several games, so i think he has scored around 9 tries from 7 or 8 games.
His last game of NYC last year he scored 4, so the kid is on fire in a team going like busted arses.
He's not a big winger who will do hit ups, but he is more elusive and nearly as fast as Uate.

Whats Doing

Bench
I remember reading some weeks back that Isaac Gordon from Cronulla was interested in coming to the knights. Not big but very quick. I think he scored two tries against us including that long range intercept.