What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend some music!

braz

Juniors
Fans of Kyuss/stoner music.

Brant Bjork and the Bros are touring Oz again and playing at the Annandale on Sunday. Brant was a founding member of Kyuss, awesome drummer, played with Fu Manchu aswell.

In his solo project he plays all the instruments on the albums. They are awesome live.

Highly recommended if you love 70s, bluesy, rock and roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F2sK-x_HFA

As expected absolutely awesome gig.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You should give Kamelot a go if you're into old school type of rock. Technically they're metal but their sound is old school and they kick arse.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ok this one's for serious metalhead's only, but this is the best death metal album in years-

eif500px.jpg

Heavy, brutal, technical and atmospheric all in one with a really unique sound. Closest comparison would be a cross between Immolation, Hate Eternal and something like Meshuggah or Dillinger Escape Plan with a bit of Neurosis or Isis chucked in.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
LOL a friend just today told me about Ulcerate. there pretty good

Seems to be quite the buzz building around the new album, which is well deserved IMO. It's wrong that a band that good still plays to crowds of like 20 people at times when they crap on 90% of the generic DM coming out of the US & Europe from a great height.

Solid

Juniors
Ok this one's for serious metalhead's only, but this is the best death metal album in years-

Heavy, brutal, technical and atmospheric all in one with a really unique sound. Closest comparison would be a cross between Immolation, Hate Eternal and something like Meshuggah or Dillinger Escape Plan with a bit of Neurosis or Isis chucked in.

Anyone heard Isis's new album? Was released on the 21st i think

braz

Juniors
I need some Neurosis recommendations.

Have always been told I should be into this band given the other bands I love.

Given their extensive back catalogue - where should I start??

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I need some Neurosis recommendations.

Have always been told I should be into this band given the other bands I love.

Given their extensive back catalogue - where should I start??

Through Silver In Blood is prety seminal, or any of the 2 or 3 released after that.

carcharias

Immortal
I have just got the Oils Head injuries remastered.

what a band they were.

What an awesome boheamoth of an album.

Latest posts