What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
And where did we hear this rumour?

A Facebook page named the real NRL gurus

I'm not one to get too involved in FB/Twitter rumours but this page has had a fair track record so thought I'd put it up here. Also said earlier that there is next to no chance of SBW remaining in league next year, would take a ridiculous offer for anybody to keep him

Cold Roses

Juniors
Glenn Riley - Warrington

Date of Birth: 21.09.1992
Weight: 112kg
Height: 190cm
Position: Prop

Big lad. Never seen him play. Anyone got any insights?

Cold Roses

Juniors
I like the sound of that.

Yep. While I can say in all honesty that I know absolutely nothing about this bloke, I think it can only be a good thing to introduce a bit of size and competition for spots into our propping stocks.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
FPN looked pretty good tonight watching the game live at the ground. Wouldn't mind him off the bench if he does come across.

They can keep SKD though.

WireMan

Bench
He plays with Morley so I hope he has a bit of mongrel in him.

No one has that much mongrel in them anymore :(

Glenn Riley - Warrington

Date of Birth: 21.09.1992
Weight: 112kg
Height: 190cm
Position: Prop

Big lad. Never seen him play. Anyone got any insights?

He has played two or three times for the first team and first thoughts are he is a big lad who has some developing to do.

Very young for a prop, but has the skills to go a long way in the sport. I doubt you would see him anywhere near your first team for a year or two.

It would be a strange signing really. I would of thought you could spend your time and focus on Kiwi players currently in Australia.

Why does Hurrell want out so badly?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Him and Tommy were having a good ole chat at the end there. Wonder what the connection is there???

Couple of Aucklanders, same age, played for the Kiwis together from 2004 on? From TL's perspective SBW is probably one of the few guys around who was playing in the NRL when he left and is also a former teammate.

Scott

Bench
They were also best mates coming through the same school together. MAGS i think? I'm sure someone will correct me if im wrong..

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Well, thank God for that! I was hoping the convo didn't start with "Hey Sonny, I'm thinking of changing managers..."

Izz

Bench
Who watched the Vulcans game today? What did you think of Townsend? Thought he was no better than average tbh. Vulcans made some of his kicks looks better than they were. Passing game okay, running game okay. Didn't stand out to me any more than Tuimavave and Waetford, though a lot better than his other half.

Last edited:

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
"Big bucks for Benji"

While some Wests Tigers powerbrokers have baulked at upgrading Benji Marshall's deal - as is required by his contract following increases to the salary cap - some NRL clubs believe he is still worth top dollar. Sunday Sin Bin understands the deal the Warriors tabled for the Kiwi playmaker was worth $3 million over three seasons.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...f-immortals-20130629-2p3v5.html#ixzz2XbRfTN4Fhttp://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/frustrated-bennett-pushes-for-nrl-to-take-charge-of-immortals-20130629-2p3v5.html#ixzz2XbRfTN4F