What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe Dolphins recruitment targets

Former Origin players who've played for Redcliffe should be brought in to talk to students. Show them a highlights reel of their career and have them run a clinic and autograph session with the kids, and focus on The Dolphins being a local club that has fielded teams in U7s to Opens since 1947, making them the only Queensland NRL of their kind.

Yeah that’s a start, but I also think the club could try to bring in others. Preach to the non converted.

League figures and interest is waning because it’s not keeping up with social changes.

We need a lot more Christian Welches and people with broader social appeal as a point of difference.

Also, the customer wants a say these days. The club needs a massive interactive presence.

The nrl could do a lot worse than sit down with @Willow and get his insights on the social world. Game day threads on lu -I much prefer them than legacy media talk down from immortal boofs. A hundred times over.

Drag some celebs in to do ads and stuff. Get some journalists on board.

Theres a lot to be done!

Last edited:
Your Dolphins membership should also give you an extra discount or access to Dolphin specials to the Coles on game day.

Slow moving stock and a few staples.

The idea is that the membership becomes a thing of value to the punters without actually getting intimately involved or attending games.

Cut a deal with the petrol companies. Discounts for pizzas on game night. Comps galore.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Former Origin players who've played for Redcliffe should be brought in to talk to students. Show them a highlights reel of their career and have them run a clinic and autograph session with the kids, and focus on The Dolphins being a local club that has fielded teams in U7s to Opens since 1947, making them the only Queensland NRL of their kind.
Surely the dolphins have got a communications and engagement strategy? I thought that was the whole point of bringing in an established club with plenty of money? surely It’s the dolphins job to be in the schools And recruiting their next generation of customers? Mind you it would have helped if they had signed a bigname player by now that they could be using for promotion!
maybe they should do what the storm has done and offer a free 4 game kids membership to any registered jnr in their targeted catchment area? Maybe targeting 10-15 year olds?

having foundation memberships available for sale for Xmas would have been a good idea! It seems they were very unprepared.

Surely the dolphins have got a communications and engagement strategy? I thought that was the whole point of bringing in an established club with plenty of money? surely It’s the dolphins job to be in the schools And recruiting their next generation of customers? Mind you it would have helped if they had signed a bigname player by now that they could be using for promotion!
maybe they should do what the storm has done and offer a free 4 game kids membership to any registered jnr in their targeted catchment area? Maybe targeting 10-15 year olds?

having foundation memberships available for sale for Xmas would have been a good idea! It seems they were very unprepared.

We only got admitted in October and after that, the calling in of the promises of funding and stuff. A bit over four weeks to get the basics was way too short a period. Landing xxxx was a coup, it’s been very busy. But it’s like a big ship getting out of the harbour.

I think the NRL should have busted a decision in June.

This business about signing Clint as the first item on the agenda seems to have been in error. It’s great for his ego and satisfies his fading Anti Broncos crusade, it’s a lark and a back slap for our officials, but it’s been very ordinary for recruitment.

Instead it’s added another 30 spots for factory, sub and marquee player agents to use in their arguments for other destinations. By jove theyve feasted well. The snouts disappeared into the trough. Payday!

I appreciate the reasons why Clint has adopted a hostile position, but the Broncos organisation as a whole, it’s made him very wealthy and successful over time. The way he rubs their noses in it, I think it comes across as a bit distracting and a bit narcissistic and haughty tbh. Plus we paid overs for Clint. I think he would have accepted less to spite the Broncos. He’s very wealthy, happy in love, a genuine giant of the game ( and I say that honestly) and things are cruisy.

Also, a lot of the elite players, they can play well no matter who coaches them. We see that all the time. Gus has spoken about it in the origin context.

A cheese, a Welch, Cody, a kiks or my beloved Matty Burton would have been my first item of business.

Last edited:

Why aren't Melbourne Storm doing this?

They've had a golden run with concessions provided to them by News Ltd and the ARLC between 1998 and 2018. They haven't really done much for junior football in Melbourne. Most of their fans are adults who've adopted them as their second team behind their AwFuL club.

They've had a golden run with concessions provided to them by News Ltd and the ARLC between 1998 and 2018. They haven't really done much for junior football in Melbourne. Most of their fans are adults who've adopted them as their second team behind their AwFuL club.

Because unlike their aerial ping pong sides, the storm are successful.

Once Bellamy goes the purple patch will be over.

Screaming and carrying on like a big crybaby, wuss he shits me. I just get the urge to whack him across the chops, but he’d sort me out.

Perth Red

Post Whore

In terms of recruiting fans they are. Hence why they sit in the top 5 for attendances and memberships.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do they run school clinics?
Yes, have for years. Starting with Billy’s buddies pre school right through. The problem like the rest of the country is the development officers sit under nrl hq and there seems little coordination between what NRL/ LC’s do, what state bodies do and what nrl hq do. Nrlhq launched the league stars program a couple of years ago as our version of Auskick and these take place in primary schools right across the country now.

we have to be careful though as there is a big difference between getting kids to play the game regularly and getting them to follow an nrl club. They arent necessarily the same thing. I know plenty of NFL fans that have never donned the helmet in their lives.

Yes, have for years. Starting with Billy’s buddies pre school right through. The problem like the rest of the country is the development officers sit under nrl hq and there seems little coordination between what NRL/ LC’s do, what state bodies do and what nrl hq do. Nrlhq launched the league stars program a couple of years ago as our version of Auskick and these take place in primary schools right across the country now.

we have to be careful though as there is a big difference between getting kids to play the game regularly and getting them to follow an nrl club. They arent necessarily the same thing. I know plenty of NFL fans that have never donned the helmet in their lives.

haha mate, Billys Buddies is run in Qld only and has nothing to do with the Storm.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Desperate times call for ..... Big Konnie will have to shed some kilos!

Wayne Bennett and the Dolphins have reportedly set their sights on a former NRL star plying his trade in the UK as they look to fill spots in their backline.

Wide World of Sports reports the Dolphins are targeting Konrad Hurrell who played 116 games in the NRL for the Warriors and Dolphins before moving to the Super League in 2019.

The Tongan international just completed a switch to St Helens having played three seasons for Leeds Rhinos. But that is on a one-season deal leaving him free to link up with Bennett for the Dolphins’ inaugural season in 2023.

In a billion years time, an alien spacecraft will land and the only relic of past humankind civilisation will be…a faded mouth guard that once belonged to Konrad Hurrell.

And a McRonalds cheeseburger that has failed to decompose despite eons of radiation.

I say that this mouth guard is an especially worthy item to denote humanity and our short time in the universe.

The Krustaloids will stare in wonder at the mouth guard and consider it the most valuable item of their era. I cannot disagree.

Accordingly, I endorse this rumour.

Konrad will be a Dolphin before a fish is raised in anger.

Last edited:
Haven't read all of these pages & maybe he's been mentioned already somewhere
But If its possible & I understand he's keen to return to Australia & the NRL
Then John Bateman should be heavily pursued, the bloke is pure class & the Raiders made a mistake not upping his contract dollars when he asked & we have missed him enormously these last 2 seasons

Haven't read all of these pages & maybe he's been mentioned already somewhere
But If its possible & I understand he's keen to return to Australia & the NRL
Then John Bateman should be heavily pursued, the bloke is pure class & the Raiders made a mistake not upping his contract dollars when he asked & we have missed him enormously these last 2 seasons

Sounds good to me.

Wrong thread but so be it lads:

24 sides.

A top 12

Limited 3 year term for a player at any club before a draft system forces them to a bottom feeding club.

Cap of 4 % on player managers.

Automatic 25% of nrl revenue to junior clubs and charities.

All games free to air shared amongst stations

No exclusive broadcasting radio rights. Go for it.

Pay cut for nrl executive and officials. Elected majority positions by registered fan vote.

10% of profits to post player scholarships and set for life after Medicare, medical expenses.

Limits to player fines.

End to extreme rules changes ruining the game.

Compulsory 8 overseas or interstate players for soo, to wear flag of home country on shoulder. States to bid for players, proceeds to kiddies hospitals etc.

All signs allowed back into games.

Club membership limit $40 for ticketed and if you make it, finals seats.

Game tickets not to exceed $5 general admission.

Kiosk and merch reduced by 50%.

Life discounts for all ex nrl players on anything nrl.

Teams to come maybe:

Bears
country nsw
Perth
Adelaide
Pacific islands/png.

Last edited:
Desperate times call for ..... Big Konnie will have to shed some kilos!

Wayne Bennett and the Dolphins have reportedly set their sights on a former NRL star plying his trade in the UK as they look to fill spots in their backline.

Wide World of Sports reports the Dolphins are targeting Konrad Hurrell who played 116 games in the NRL for the Warriors and Dolphins before moving to the Super League in 2019.

The Tongan international just completed a switch to St Helens having played three seasons for Leeds Rhinos. But that is on a one-season deal leaving him free to link up with Bennett for the Dolphins’ inaugural season in 2023.

I think they meant he played for the Warriors and Titans. Idiots at News Ltd cannot get anything right.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Broncos’ fight to keep gun centre Herbie Farnworth is set to get harder with reports an unexpected suitor has entered the race.

The 22-year-old comes off contract in November and is on the radar of the Dolphins for their inaugural season in 2023.

It’s understood the Broncos want to retain Farnworth but may not have the cash to match the hefty $500,000 salary the Dolphins are reportedly prepared to offer.

The Broncos’ fight to keep gun centre Herbie Farnworth is set to get harder with reports an unexpected suitor has entered the race.

The 22-year-old comes off contract in November and is on the radar of the Dolphins for their inaugural season in 2023.

It’s understood the Broncos want to retain Farnworth but may not have the cash to match the hefty $500,000 salary the Dolphins are reportedly prepared to offer.

He'll be a welcome addition to The Dolphins.

He'll be a welcome addition to The Dolphins.

He’s not a bad player you any stretch.

Special ops to be deployed to dislodge some marquee from established clubs. Sow the seeds of discontent. Rumour, innuendo, pay an established factory loafer a fortune to come across and watch the player managers pick up the phones.

Plenty of established loafers all over the game. Plenty at the tigers to choose from.

A lot of those young Panthers etc would be on lemonade money. Their cup overfloweth but they still keep importing from all over. Spies in New Zealand for heavens sake.

This is a very disturbing trend for the next young hero in lower grades.

Last edited: