What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe Dolphins recruitment targets

League guru

Juniors
Jesse Bromwich is a quality signing. But he will be almost 34 when he gets there. Storm where never probably going to pay big dough to retain him.

They’re really building a grandpas army

Happy new year Rhyno.

Missed some key players, so we have start somewhere.

Stealing from the storm is ok, not sure about nicholls. Off the bench for 25 impact danger periods which Bennet appreciates.

Beer money is the whisper, could do worse.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I think the theory was that all the ex pat Queenslanders would flock back at the opportunity to join a new Brisbane club. Hasn't eventuated. I hope they have a plan B. Still Ponga and Farnworth on the table. Hopefully they can land them both.
Halfback may be a problem with not much around. Austin and Widdop are both off contract at Warrington at years end and may form a ready made partnership for a year or two at the Dolphins.
Farnworth is one of only a few merkins worth feeding at the club these days

Colk

First Grade
Good!

Very Good!

Raid the f**k out of the Storm and send them down the ladder!

That's now two world class non-Victorian rugby league greats that we've rescued from the parasitic entity known as the Melbourne Storm Football Club.

Now we need to get Munster away from that awful mob to speed up their transition down the ladder.

Why don’t you steal them from the Roosters instead? Although they are not the players that the Storm would have fought incredibly hard to keep, it’s at least a start.

blaza88z

Coach
I don't want to turn this into a Broncos discussion but just on Melbourne, things have started to go to shit ever since they lost Dave Donaghy and the way Melbourne were prepared to go through the legal system just so he couldn't take his post at Brisbane until halfway through the season last year suggests to me this was a person they absolutely did not want to lose.

I know they had a reasonably successful year last season on the field but all the off-field drama, now they got players leaving all over the place. The only thing Melbourne have got going for them is their coach but even his contract extension seemingly took an age, there were even doubts whether or not he'd sign it.

Then you look at what DD has done for Brisbane in the limited time he's been at the club, he's barely made a bad decision. I can't recall one example of signing a staff or player that either was let go or was recruited that wasn't a good signing.

I don't want to turn this into a Broncos discussion but just on Melbourne, things have started to go to shit ever since they lost Dave Donaghy and the way Melbourne were prepared to go through the legal system just so he couldn't take his post at Brisbane until halfway through the season last year suggests to me this was a person they absolutely did not want to lose.

I know they had a reasonably successful year last season on the field but all the off-field drama, now they got players leaving all over the place. The only thing Melbourne have got going for them is their coach but even his contract extension seemingly took an age, there were even doubts whether or not he'd sign it.

Then you look at what DD has done for Brisbane in the limited time he's been at the club, he's barely made a bad decision. I can't recall one example of signing a staff or player that either was let go or was recruited that wasn't a good signing.

Yes, he’s big time. The man who convinced Bellamy to stay there before waving goodbye.

Why don’t you steal them from the Roosters instead? Although they are not the players that the Storm would have fought incredibly hard to keep, it’s at least a start.
I'm not against it, but they seem to be the preferred club for the game's elite players. I'd prefer it if we targeted Newcastle and Cronulla for the lulz.

Colk

First Grade
I'm not against it, but they seem to be the preferred club for the game's elite players. I'd prefer it if we targeted Newcastle and Cronulla for the lulz.

Regarding the Roosters, that’s been the case for way way too long and I’d much prefer you take their players than the Storm. The greatest thing that the Dolphins could do would be to chip away at the Roosters and the Storm and even up the competition a bit as a result.

I know that you didn’t like the Sharks but what’s with the Knights and the Storm?

Regarding the Roosters, that’s been the case for way way too long and I’d much prefer you take their players than the Storm. The greatest thing that the Dolphins could do would be to chip away at the Roosters and the Storm and even up the competition a bit as a result.

I know that you didn’t like the Sharks but what’s with the Knights and the Storm?
I'm a Cowboys fan. The Knights have been raiding us blind ever since they collected three wooden spoons in a row. They're still targeting our players. It would be good if they went after some one else for a change.

Storm poached Brandon Smith and Jerome Hughes away from Cowboys. There's been a few games between the two clubs that were "won" by the Storm from poor and highly questionable officiating, such as a game at Lang Park in 2016 a few years ago where Cam Smith was never square at marker and ran from an offside position to prevent Thurston from having an attempt at field goal to level the score. It should have been a penalty, which Thurston would have kicked to give us the win. The refs were quick to award a penalty to Sydney Souffs when Granville did the exact same thing in 2018 at Willows, giving The Elmer Fudds the win. A similar penalty was awarded to The Donkeys against Wests by Ashley Klown. There's no way this is accidental on behalf of the refs. They favour some teams. It makes me not want to watch the game as I get too angry when this crap repeats itself. It always happens to the Cowboys, Titans, Warriors and Tigers. NSW has a history of corruption, dating all the way back to the Neville Wran era, so it doesn't surprise me that the Sydney-centric NRL is mired by all of these "controversies".

Another game between NQ and Melb in 2018 was f**ked by the video referees refusing to call a blatantly obvious knock-on by Melb behind the Cowboys goalline, even though they had more than enough time and plenty of replays to make the call. Melbourne forced another goal line drop after incorrectly being awarded one for the knock-on they made. They went on to score, which ended up deciding the game.

blaza88z

Coach
I'm a Cowboys fan. The Knights have been raiding us blind ever since they collected three wooden spoons in a row.

They've wasted the signing of Ponga, you can't say they're going to be a stronger club when he more than likely takes a contract at another club, why would he stay?

They've moved on a few coaches, gone through the "rebuilding" phase, only to go back and buy Dane Gagai who is well and truly past his best, that club is in real strife.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I'm a Cowboys fan. The Knights have been raiding us blind ever since they collected three wooden spoons in a row. They're still targeting our players. It would be good if they went after some one else for a change.

Storm poached Brandon Smith and Jerome Hughes away from Cowboys. There's been a few games between the two clubs that were "won" by the Storm from poor and highly questionable officiating, such as a game at Lang Park in 2016 a few years ago where Cam Smith was never square at marker and ran from an offside position to prevent Thurston from having an attempt at field goal to level the score. It should have been a penalty, which Thurston would have kicked to give us the win. The refs were quick to award a penalty to Sydney Souffs when Granville did the exact same thing in 2018 at Willows, giving The Elmer Fudds the win. A similar penalty was awarded to The Donkeys against Wests by Ashley Klown. There's no way this is accidental on behalf of the refs. They favour some teams. It makes me not want to watch the game as I get too angry when this crap repeats itself. It always happens to the Cowboys, Titans, Warriors and Tigers. NSW has a history of corruption, dating all the way back to the Neville Wran era, so it doesn't surprise me that the Sydney-centric NRL is mired by all of these "controversies".

Another game between NQ and Melb in 2018 was f**ked by the video referees refusing to call a blatantly obvious knock-on by Melb behind the Cowboys goalline, even though they had more than enough time and plenty of replays to make the call. Melbourne forced another goal line drop after incorrectly being awarded one for the knock-on they made. They went on to score, which ended up deciding the game.
Is that why you signed taumalolo to that massive deal?
By the way…… stop your f**king bitching peasant

They've wasted the signing of Ponga, you can't say they're going to be a stronger club when he more than likely takes a contract at another club, why would he stay?

They've moved on a few coaches, gone through the "rebuilding" phase, only to go back and buy Dane Gagai who is well and truly past his best, that club is in real strife.
It'll be interesting to see how they go without Australia's most passionate dog fancier at halfback.

Is that why you signed taumalolo to that massive deal?
By the way…… stop your f**king bitching peasant
Are you still triggered by 2015?

I've got a nice photograph of Jonathan Thurston holding the Premiership Trophy. It's been awhile since I've seen a player in a Broncos jersey do that. I cannot remember what it looks like to see a Bronco happy at the end of GF night. I do recall Darius and co celebrating after NQ beat them at Lang Park in 2020 to hand Brisbane their firstever spoon. I suppose if you haven't won any silverware in some time then tableware is the next best thing.

Do you reckon Sam Thaiday is using the spoon to cook like he did in those NRMA ads?