What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redevelopment of Jubilee

i
Problem with bringing in union or soccer is there are no teams that fit the bill that would attract enough patrons. As I said in my previous post, Sydney FC moving back to new SFS, Waratahs would not play there as it's not their demographic, Southern Districts play at Forshaw Park in Sylvania but hardly draw a crowd to underpin a new stadium. Local union and soccer teams don't pull a crowd. Unless you can guarantee decent crowds, preferably each week or at worst every second week, then can't see the govt spending money on a rebuild.

Only way I can see a new stadium down south is if it was on a share basis with the Gummies (I know will never happen so don't abuse me) but even that bird has flown with the revamp of their leagues club and ground.
oh i wouldnt be so sure the bird has flown.it is my...gut feeling. that by say..2035 the sharks will be playing most of their matches at the new footy stadium. however its a lonely speculation island I live on.

theres been zero ground improvement made to the stadium itself. and wont be, unless money comes from another source, which at the moment it isnt, due to sport rorts and other so ons.

im sure if there were to be a new venue in the general area of st george...sutherland shire and gong..that triangle of area there would be interest.

IMO kogarah wont get much money without a regular tenant. 6ish games for dragons and the wnrl team...wont cut it hey.

yadamisha

Juniors
The various soccer grand finals in the St George Association played their grand finals there up to a couple if years ago. Not sure about the junior league GFs.
Most junior league teams in the St George comp over U13 now play in the Cronulla comp so the GFs are at Shark Park

yadamisha

Juniors
i

oh i wouldnt be so sure the bird has flown.it is my...gut feeling. that by say..2035 the sharks will be playing most of their matches at the new footy stadium. however its a lonely speculation island I live on.

theres been zero ground improvement made to the stadium itself. and wont be, unless money comes from another source, which at the moment it isnt, due to sport rorts and other so ons.

im sure if there were to be a new venue in the general area of st george...sutherland shire and gong..that triangle of area there would be interest.

IMO kogarah wont get much money without a regular tenant. 6ish games for dragons and the wnrl team...wont cut it hey.
There is some work being done to the ground, new entrance turnstiles and outer facilities in the NE corner and center of eastern side directly from the new leagues club, all of the hill being refurbed for food trucks and being terraced in the both corners so to complement the new hill surrounds (from the development) in line with the separate COE plans and proposals currently before by State and Federal Government.

shiloh dc

Juniors
I have signed the petition but am disappointed that 200M only gets you 1/2 a new stadium, a pool and 800 parking spots. It certainly does not look like a 20,000 stadium. I would love a 2/3'rds replica of Bankwest stadium (fully enclosed) holding 20,000.

Rod Coil

Juniors
Most junior league teams in the St George comp over U13 now play in the Cronulla comp so the GFs are at Shark Park
Not quite correct. The junior league Grand Final location is dictated by the home district of the team that finished higher on the ladder. So on JRL grand final day the Stg U9~U12 teams all play in the St.George district along with any games that fit the criteria mentioned.

The last JRL Grand Finals at Kogarah were in 2019, as there was a scheduling issue in 2020 (GF's played at Cahill Pk Arncliffe as the NRL team played on the Sunday) & no GF's in 2021 due to Covid.

The bigger question for the proposed stadium upgrade is the greed of Georges River Council. With the desire for a profit from the 'asset' GRC charges more than $5k per day to the JRL to play Grand Finals & $10k+ for the Harold Matts & S.G Ball to play there. This is the very reason that last year the STG Jnr reps played at Mascot Oval & the Sharks got out of the contract to slink back to a half constructed Shark Park next year.

Gareth67

First Grade
Not quite correct. The junior league Grand Final location is dictated by the home district of the team that finished higher on the ladder. So on JRL grand final day the Stg U9~U12 teams all play in the St.George district along with any games that fit the criteria mentioned.

The last JRL Grand Finals at Kogarah were in 2019, as there was a scheduling issue in 2020 (GF's played at Cahill Pk Arncliffe as the NRL team played on the Sunday) & no GF's in 2021 due to Covid.

The bigger question for the proposed stadium upgrade is the greed of Georges River Council. With the desire for a profit from the 'asset' GRC charges more than $5k per day to the JRL to play Grand Finals & $10k+ for the Harold Matts & S.G Ball to play there. This is the very reason that last year the STG Jnr reps played at Mascot Oval & the Sharks got out of the contract to slink back to a half constructed Shark Park next year.
It’s certainly far better to have those youngsters playing in the St.George area . As for the greed of the council the charges involved would almost come under extortion , damn shame that they see fit to squeeze every penny they can out of the clubs .

Morotti

Juniors
numbers for the petition are only 1,057. Very low for such an important cause and for a club with so many supporters.

lemnoc

Juniors
Very low indeed. You would think that all of the ticketed Kogarah members would sign, as well as others who have become disillusioned with the facilities there. However, the majority are not even aware of the proposal, has the club even bothered to let them know?

Reactions: jak

Rod Coil

Juniors
Very low indeed. You would think that all of the ticketed Kogarah members would sign, as well as others who have become disillusioned with the facilities there. However, the majority are not even aware of the proposal, has the club even bothered to let them know?
There's a video currently being made to promote the proposal.......

Reactions: jak
Looks like the the State Government's push for boutique suburban stadiums is getting support by the new NSW Premier. Although Kogarah's Jubilee Stadium was being touted as one of the venues to receive funding, it now looks like Brookvale, Penrith and Liverpool are the favourites to be redeveloped into similar versions of Bankwest.
I cannot believe the Dragons are going to get shafted again. This could be a game changer for our club. Look at what a difference it has made to Eels, both on and off the field. Is the club and the board on the front foot with this, trying to make this happen or are they happy to continue to be playing at our adequate, but far from impressive home ground in our heartland?

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but did the government not upgrade this white elephant within the past decade.

I know when I’m rushing my children to the emergency room I will think “thank goodness the government allocated funds [see, eg, other people’s money] to Kogarah Oval”.

What a piss take gravy train.

Boomers then: ThE tAj In ThE 70s!!!
Boomers now: uPgRaDe My StAdIa!!!

f**k off.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but did the government not upgrade this white elephant within the past decade.

I know when I’m rushing my children to the emergency room I will think “thank goodness the government allocated funds [see, eg, other people’s money] to Kogarah Oval”.

What a piss take gravy train.

Boomers then: ThE tAj In ThE 70s!!!
Boomers now: uPgRaDe My StAdIa!!!

f**k off.
It's a fair assessment.

Out of interest, is this a troll account?

Latest posts