What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

Jason Maher

Immortal
Ummmm,
I wouldnt want facts to get in the way of you re-writing history, but DCE played in Manlys under 20's team in 2008 and 2009.

We sent him to QLD cup to blood him, when we had a feeder relationship with the Sunshine Coast. He was a contracted Manly player.

But carry on.

I stand corrected.

POPEYE

Coach
Bit of a worry, since I can't remember when there was a game of footy on today and I couldn't be bothered watching, two games in fact . . . I was more interested in f**king around with woodwork. Anyone that knows me would be concerned for my well being

Many years ago I made a few trips to Belmore Oval when Parra were playing out of the joint, even in those days if you wanted to give Sydney an enema Belmore is where you'd stick the tube. That is one reason I won't be watching any footy tomorrow night either

Someone on radio asked Meninga if Cronk doesn't play will he still be picked for Origin. Mal's answer; 'Of course, he'll be fine'. That'll do me . . . another reason I won't be watching footy tomorrow night

POPEYE

Coach
Not many more sleeps now until we see the back of Orgasm for another year thank f**k, DCE at least is free to concentrate on what's left of the real season. I've often wondered if players on big money, DCE doesn't need the brass, could have it stipulated in their contract that they don't play Orgasm

It would save face if a player could say even if he was picked he was costing his club too much money to waste time on games that only benefitted the media. The NRL could stipulate in future that if they needed Orgasm to f**k up the regular season whoever gets the tv rights would have to pay the clubs for services of the players lost

DCE for instance even if he is only warming the bench would cost Nine 3 games of his contract plus every game he's out if he's injured playing 'their' game. As is stands now blokes like Farah and Cronk who have 'saved' themselves for Nine get space in the sports news when they can't play for their club so Nine wins both ways without costing them a f**king penny they can't write off

Funny to people with more than half a brain is the fact Nine claim to be the home of Rugby League but couldn't give a shit if the family eat junk food

POPEYE

Coach
Where are you JM and Hutty, could we possibly have another coach who believes he's better than a poacher, Mary seems content not to harm other clubs on his crusade for the holy grail. Your mob has the best Mata'utia and Mose can't be claimed to have been poached . . . plenty of needed mongrel in the big bloke

Not long now and the Dragons will become a preferred destination for trialists, the once mighty Taj Mahal may again rise. Supporters have to be enthused about Mary possibly becoming a coach that can squeeze the most from discarded players, be interesting to see how Page goes

POPEYE

Coach
Even though I'm against poaching and for keeping one club players by any means Foran becoming the policeman to keep the delinquent Parramatta board in check has to be a good thing. I'm interested to see if Arthur is the coach that Foran thinks he is, not just someone who fell off the Seagle cultured horse. It would be a tragedy if a possible supercoach was to become just more road kill run over by a blue and yellow heap of shit

The Eels need a leader and Foran has to be made Captain, no more good ol' boys mumbling their way through a game and Arthur needs a whip to crack, one that can't be borrowed for Origin. All NRL teams need great players that can't or won't be selected for Origin, Manly have done well over the years without insidious representation

Parramatta need Arthur to instigate a culture, something that Green has said no club can do without and is well on the way to inaugurating in NQ, may seem pie in the sky to most of us but there is no alternative. Clubs that just make up the numbers might be of use to people who like to have their dick in one hand and play fantasy league with the other but Rugby League needs culture clubs

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Even though I'm against poaching and for keeping one club players by any means Foran becoming the policeman to keep the delinquent Parramatta board in check has to be a good thing. I'm interested to see if Arthur is the coach that Foran thinks he is, not just someone who fell off the Seagle cultured horse. It would be a tragedy if a possible supercoach was to become just more road kill run over by a blue and yellow heap of shit

The Eels need a leader and Foran has to be made Captain, no more good ol' boys mumbling their way through a game and Arthur needs a whip to crack, one that can't be borrowed for Origin. All NRL teams need great players that can't or won't be selected for Origin, Manly have done well over the years without insidious representation

Parramatta need Arthur to instigate a culture, something that Green has said no club can do without and is well on the way to inaugurating in NQ, may seem pie in the sky to most of us but there is no alternative. Clubs that just make up the numbers might be of use to people who like to have their dick in one hand and play fantasy league with the other but Rugby League needs culture clubs

Seriously though, I am a fan of one club players, but not at the expense of the salary cap. Will be interesting to see how Foran goes over the next few years.

POPEYE

Coach
Ha ha, when I was exorcising my dribble I left the door open for BG followers. . . didn't expect you'd be the one who poked your head in. Salary cap is great if you're a believer, you're not alone, there's still people that go to church ffs

POPEYE

Coach
Most Storm 'haters' are jealous that Melbourne have Cam Smith, they want a player like him in their team but there aren't enough of him to go round so we get all the green eyed dribble about him being a grub and a cheat, only by people who secretly want to poach him . . . to anyone with half a brain he has to be the first picked it any 'fantasy'

Enough of that, Smith is saying in the SMH like most of us that League needs football players before it needs athletes, what he doesn't say is that League needs players that can play lots of minutes and not suffer mental fatigue. The only reason I'm a fan of Klemmer is I think he will survive radically reduced interchange, I reckon he could go 70 minutes if he had to

Smith says that he's not an athlete but if players were judged by the minutes played multiplied by the times handling the ball and tackling players with it he would leave most athletes gasping. His greatest attribute however is he can't be bashed out of contention which leads me to the point I'm trying to make

Bryce Cartwright could easily be a contender for first player picked beside Smith in any team of mine in the future, if he survives what Smith has survived. It was great to watch the bloke last night but in the back of my mind I know that sooner rather than later he will become a target for 40 minute wonders sent to 'destabilise' him

Bryce Cartwright made the game what it was last night but he looks more fragile than he should be, the bloke needs to be given a better chance by given an even playing field against real footballers

It's not the fact that the game is being ruined by a lack of football players, it's the unfortunate circumstance that buffoons who are sent out to wreck them are made athletic by the lack of minutes they play.

Great to have non thinking athletes like Jennings who don't do much damage to real footballers but if you want to have players like Cartwright to ring your bell they have to be given an even playing field. Once he is discovered to be a threat to the shit we're watching now opposition coaches will send wave after wave of brainless morons at him . . . blokes that go home and tell their kids they're real big minute footballers

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Disappointing when the home game team loses for the sake of the fans who turn up keen and return home with runny noses but last night's man of the match was the bounce of the ball. Both teams did their best with what they had and nothing to see for whingers . . . good game of footy in what has been a dearth of it

POPEYE

Coach
Mainstream LU is reading more like the f**king Smellygraph every day, no news any good unless it's bad, Arthur may have found a round table and the populace doesn't give a shit. The Eels are only one win below Dragons/Storm/Warriors/Dogs and looking more comfortable than two of them

Easier to write their climb off as an anomaly I suppose and I've been one of their biggest detractors, out of sheer frustration, for years but like Foran I have faith in Arthur if he's enabled to do the job he's paid to do.

Crikey, every good news story in this shitty part of the League year should be welcomed even if my best mate is a one eyed Eel and will be f**king unbearable if his mob keep avoiding premature ejaculation

POPEYE

Coach
The NRL manages the salary cap like a pimp manages his ladies, reminds me of another Billy Connolly soccer story where a Rangers supporter inadvertently went into the wrong end of the ground and found himself surrounded by Celtic fans. When he absentmindedly cheered for his team a couple of Celtics removed his shoes and sent him to fetch them Bovril to drink

When he returned he was forced to put on the left shoe in which one of them had dropped a turd. Not long after he was sent for more Bovril, this time the right boot was full of shit and he was forced to stand quietly in his shitty boots for the rest of the game

After the game as he was squishing his way out of the ground a tv reporter asked him if he thought fans will always be segregated. 'As long as they're shitting in our boots and we're pissing in their Bovril nothing will change' was his answer

The salary cap was supposed to stop injustice but instead perpetuates it, has no f**king redeeming features except to encourage better skulduggery. Clubs like the Eels that couldn't manage a wet t-shirt contest and the Sharks who would do better in a bell tower at Notre Dame suffer through ignorance.

Punishing the Eels for just trying to keep up is about as productive as shitting in someone's boots

POPEYE

Coach
Seems Pat Richards wasn't exiled from Australia after all, he can't wait to get back to where the game is played for spectators rather than the media. Here I was feeling sorry for the bloke all those years and happy to see him finally get a gig at Wests. The bloke had to be persuaded to return not granted a return apparently

Can't say I blame him, I'm rapidly becoming in favour of ESL over NRL, the greatest quality is not quality itself but the entertainment provided to their fans who definitely appreciate it more than we do

POPEYE

Coach
I'm not sure how many people the NRL expect to watch this round of footy, Knights are even more ratshit without Scott but a few eskimos might join Sticky on the sideline.

Guerra should be still be in the clouds but the Roosters will have to carry the other Origin disappointees if they continue to feel the way they should.

Be interesting to see what Bennett does with the roster, Parker will probably have to play to show the NSW media who are grasping at straws that if a buffoon is sitting on your chest and another resting his forearm on your teeth there is only one recourse, his absence might indicate reticence. The Dogs . . . f**k, who cares

The Warriors have the wood on Melbourne at the best of times and I'm still angry with Cronk preferring Origin so I tip the Storm to remain motionless

Dragons needed Origin like a poke in the eye and the Sharks probably will play better if Gallen doesn't so I expect Flanagan to take full advantage

An easy game for the Seagles against the Titans in a must win scenario . . . sounds intimidating but for who

POPEYE

Coach
Sfa else to talk about it seems than Origin, some people are calling for changes, my opinion has been documented ad nauseum. There is however an overriding question that continues to be overlooked, why must the various points of view be at loggerheads

People that jerk off to Origin must have it in the middle of the NRL season, why, if there is 12 months between each series does it matter when it takes place

People like me who detest the upheaval Origin causes are belittling the series because we see it as the only way out, helps our cause when one team is so much better the other

It hasn't occurred to people in NSW that if Origin was held after the Premiership has been decided you'd have in form Blues players against tired old Maroons

Ch9 want Origin where it is because the better the weather the less people spend time in front of the tele, the GF is only one game in the nicest part of the year and they don't give a shit about how Origin affects League anyway

If each comp was run before another starts it has no affect on how long people have to wait, everyone knows who are the best players because they've completed each task appropriately. If Austin is a better player than Pearce or Hodkinson who the f**k knows until the Premiership has been decided

Someone needs to explain to Ch9 that everyone wants to watch Origin, not everyone wants to watch the GF if their team is not involved, more people will watch the GF series if it's held before Origin if only to see who are the best players in form

The point is there should be no question which is the best comp, which comp the best players should base their preparation for the season but most of all there should be no need to sacrifice one for the other

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
If Daley never saw Qld coming spare a thought for Greenberg, whodathought Benny would have the Broncos equal favourites this time of the year. Amongst the last 8 games of the year the Dogs were scheduled to play Brisbane straight after Origin and again in a month's time.

Sharks/Eels/Knights/Titans/Warriors are looking more formidable than Toddy would have expected, far less room to prepare for the Roosters/Rabbitohs now it seems. Klemmer and Graham having other things on their minds didn't help and his halves in no-man's land . . . almost feel sorry for the bloke . . . yeh, nah

Courier Mail is whinging Broncos' young guns are being poached. Ash Taylor was told he could look elsewhere and whoever gets him, and any other junior who is not an NRL player, is not a poacher. Qld is part of Australia and any junior in Australia can't be poached before he plays NRL.

Can't be a Benny Boy unless you're prepared to reject other clubs and sit in lower grades waiting for recognition from the Master, maybe tattooing is getting confused with branding in Qld