What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

woodyk2

First Grade
So can I bite and boo or bite and boo...or just bite, or maybe bite or boo but don't boo?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
If Cronk head slammed Tyson into the ground, held him there blocking his airways and was bitten enough to make his presence felt I would expect Cooper to retaliate in some way later on. If he ran to the referee I'd want to see blood or bits missing or be overcome with disappointment. I'd be amazed if Cronk did what Duges The Cat did . . . without medical attention a f**king disgrace

But in that "fictional" scenario a Storm player would be involved in dirty, grubby tactics in a tackle - say it aint so!!!! :crazy:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Congrats Pops. You've just moved straight to the front of the f**kwit Melbourne supporters class. No mean effort that either.

POPEYE

Coach
Congrats Pops. You've just moved straight to the front of the f**kwit Melbourne supporters class. No mean effort that either.

I'm surprised you think that way, not just because I called your Duges a cat is it. I don't give a tuppenny f**k who a bloke plays for, I'd be one of the most impartial posters on this forum. I stick up for players like Pearce and coaches like Mary, never condemn players like Monaghan, etc etc

If you want to disguise Dugan is a prima donna by attacking my sense of fair play go right ahead, better than you have tried to rattle my chain and gone away with tail between legs. You know I hate gospel, this thread is not gospel just my opinion . . . wast of time trying to change it let alone turn it into something it's not

POPEYE

Coach
But in that "fictional" scenario a Storm player would be involved in dirty, grubby tactics in a tackle - say it aint so!!!! :crazy:

You're a nibbler yourself ol' mate, granted every team has it's Matai's but as far as I'm concerned they're a necessary evil and rare thank f**k. What's it got to do with players like Bromwich who never do anything other than retaliate

Nice Beaver

First Grade
You're a nibbler yourself ol' mate, granted every team has it's Matai's but as far as I'm concerned they're a necessary evil and rare thank f**k. What's it got to do with players like Bromwich who never do anything other than retaliate

Bromwich? Your post referred to Cronk doing something in a tackle.

Regardless, if its a Storm player that has been thee for a number of years, they are not poor old players "who never do anything other than retaliate". They have been coached to pull every underhanded, dirty, shit tactic there is in a tackle.

Bronco18

Juniors
Bromwich? Your post referred to Cronk doing something in a tackle.

Regardless, if its a Storm player that has been thee for a number of years, they are not poor old players "who never do anything other than retaliate". They have been coached to pull every underhanded, dirty, shit tactic there is in a tackle.

I wonder what it's like to be so far down the rabbit hole where you assume your own team (Manly no less) aren't taught grubby maneuvers.... It wasn't that long ago they were considered the next best wrestling team to Melbourne.

Bromwich had a forearm over his mouth, I have no sympathy for Dugan whatsoever.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I wonder what it's like to be so far down the rabbit hole where you assume your own team (Manly no less) aren't taught grubby maneuvers.... It wasn't that long ago they were considered the next best wrestling team to Melbourne.

Bromwich had a forearm over his mouth, I have no sympathy for Dugan whatsoever.

Sorry, where did I say other clubs did not follow suit? :roll:

The Storm created that entire decade of wrestling shit and left a horrible legacy on how footy was played.

Other teams had to try and adopt the tactic as it was clear the Storm were going to get away with it. Had other clubs not followed suit, the Storm would have won 10 titles in a row (then had most stripped for being cap cheats).

I am not down a rabbit hole any more than you are up your own arse. :D

POPEYE

Coach
Suck shit you f**king cat Dugan, only a player that's about as smart as asparagus and brings the game into disrepute like you did would carry on like a mug over something so innocuous. Any player that ruthlessly bites another deserves a good smack in the f**king mouth, when the referee sees the 'wound' the perpetrator should be cited and the victim be left on the field, forgiven under extenuating circumstances

None of Dugan's team mates gave a shit, just as the video didn't give a shit when Dugan laid down for a penalty earlier. The cat could have saved embarrassment, something he's accustomed to, if he did what most players do, withdraw the charge once he came to his senses after cooling down . . . only problem is Dugan doesn't have a shred of common sense

POPEYE

Coach
Sorry, where did I say other clubs did not follow suit? :roll:

The Storm created that entire decade of wrestling shit and left a horrible legacy on how footy was played.

Other teams had to try and adopt the tactic as it was clear the Storm were going to get away with it. Had other clubs not followed suit, the Storm would have won 10 titles in a row (then had most stripped for being cap cheats).

I am not down a rabbit hole any more than you are up your own arse. :D

You twist better than Chubber Checker ol' mate . . . bet you're one of those f**kwits who reckon Toovey is responsible

POPEYE

Coach
Matters not how you feel about Gallen, I've never been overwhelmed by his talent any more than any other NRL player that holds a spot but he deserves consideration due to longevity. The simplicity of rewarding such dedication to the game and the club that persevered with him is lost on the ARLC who are empowered to adjudicate on special circumstances.

'One Club Player' should mean more than it does, a pat on the back and apology for not being able to keep you because of the cap or pay you what you deserve is just plain f**king pathetic. Even today Steve Menzies would be forced to play SL because there's 'no room' for him to finish his career the way he deserved

Set a goal, say 10/12 years or 250/280 club games for example, for a player to strive for until he is eligible for a concession under the cap that will allow his club to keep him where he belongs. It's not just the war against poaching that should concern us, players should have reason to be reluctant in relinquishing a chance to become a one club player . . . it's merely a matter of fair play for everyone including supporters

POPEYE

Coach
Be interesting to see if the Seagles retain their culture after the upheaval is done and dusted, probably no reason why they shouldn't if the owners of the joint keep their heads. Just as in Melbourne it had to happen that this century's NRL juggernauts and protagonists begin to forget about outdoing each other and return to concentrating on the basics

Roosters have been a fly in the ointment but the emergence of the Cowboys/Broncos as promising group cult figures may be exactly what Storm/Manly need . . . far better to be temporarily outdone than fade into obsequiousness. Remains to be seen who will be do a better job of regain their status but I much prefer Melbourne's modus operandi

The danger is not that Manly/Melbourne may have to regroup but it is imperative that the rarest thing in Rugby League, team culture, is not lost in the process, somehow I imagine these two will not go away.

Anyone need a #9 that knows how to win the cup, is probably equal to the fittest players in the comp and doesn't go missing, probably needs a couple of good play makers around him but other than that is rock solid when it comes to leading by example

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Gee didn't I get into the shit from my missus when I left the Roosters/Dogs game to listen to Tigers/Melbourne, she believes that tongue in cheek jinx I have against the Dogs. Maybe she's right, when I returned the Roosters regained their mojo and Bob's your uncle . . . happy for Pearce, he played well in the parts I watched

No need for a spoiler alert, you should be watching the Storm/Tiger replay by now. Doesn't matter much to the ladder with Dogs losing and I'd like to think all the travelling is turning Melbourne stale. No excuses anyway, they should just forfeit when asked to play at Leichhardt. Tigers should be swabbed, not that hard to get up once in a blue moon . . . according to Jabba

Latest posts