What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
You can make it what you want from it JR, the less complicated the better. By far the best way to enjoy this forum is plonk yourself down with no preconceived idea of what you want to write. In the offseason skim over the headlines of the rubbish media and read the NRL website completely.

During the season rely on only what you see in the games you watch, no need to wait to be influenced by the opinions of others, better a shepherd than sheep. Most importantly never plan what you what to write before you actually begin, any wanker like Rothfield can do that

You'll have a lot more fun if you don't take yourself too seriously, say what you want off the top of your head and in my case, thrive on reaction. You'd be surprised how little time I allocate each day to this particular hobby . . . come have a chat any time ol' mate, I don't bite unless I'm bitten

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
What are your thoughts on cronk being dragged out of Melbourne by his balls by the Mrs old pops?

POPEYE

Coach
I'd be the last person to criticise a bloke for chasing a vinegar stroke so he has to decide which one he'd remember the most. Surely though when he's an NRL CEO, coach or commentator he's going to look back and regret not staying a one-clubber if he doesn't

Finishing a one club player can't be overstated in importance to the scheme of things, more doors will open and a resume becomes a best seller, imo something not worth giving up for a couple of years of bliss. Maybe he thinks he has more to prove to the League public than his lady, misguided as it is I could understand that

POPEYE

Coach
Raiders signing Kato Ottio for 2 years is now the best thing that's happened this off-season, the euphoria it generates in PNG is well documented in the SMH but there's far more importance to it in the world of RL. His signing is accredited to the Hunters being in the Qld Cup, he didn't get picked from Volleyball

Can't waste another opportunity to climb on the soapbox, Fiji needs to be in the NSW Cup and years down the track both countries need to have NRL teams . . . even if they are not comprised entirely of locals. With Union expanding so does League to at least keep sight of the opposition

Anyway, enough of that, wouldn't it be great if Kato does a Semi, there's a few reasons why the Raiders will be on my most wanted to succeed list but none more than crossing fingers for Kato. Let's hope he's not lost in the f**king hurly-burly

POPEYE

Coach
Gotta love naivety, Rugby League unlike Chess couldn't survive without it, you've only got to look how a bloke like Rothfield can make a living from it. The morning after Pearce enacted his shenanigans, this time getting busted, the easiest way out was self imposed exile

Naivety, not his but from the League public, will soon have his misdemeanor as water under the bridge . . . to those of us not suffering from naivety the uncomfortable episode was merely shit happens. Anyway, now that Mitch has covered his tracks as best as possible the real dilemma is can he resume where he left off

Has sfa to do with what the public thinks, unless the Rooster hierarchy need an excuse, what really matters is can Hastings and Nikorima make up for the loss of Maloney. Most of us reckon they've got Pearce null and void because Mitchell wouldn't have done any better in the WCC, Maloney however is a true NRL heavyweight

Imo Pearce would do better to continue his exile in England, if he thinks he was hard done by through shit coaching in his early career he must know what's in store for him here. A couple of years in the ESL would be my preferred destination if I was him, when Robbo returns to his beloved French Alps who better to team up with

POPEYE

Coach
It's a proven that women are 8% smarter than men and while they sit on their best friend men grow their worst enemy, if it was not for physical strength the male of our species would spend most of their lives chained to the back fence. Unfortunately many cultures are frightened of the fact and treat women badly because they can. . . the little man big car syndrome

SKD is a typical male, the bigger and stronger the more emotionally vulnerable, he could have easily committed the crimes he was accused but just as easily been the victim of gender payback. Just as many men are paying the price for centuries of gender inequality as women that have been abused in the process

Great we now have a domestic violence expose', let's hope it works for both genders equally, no need to have one walk behind the other or dress subordinately. Frankly I'm getting sick of being reminded of something I've taken for granted my whole life as though it was a marvellous new discovery.

Come Thursday night I'll only be concerned with the more mundane and let the perpetrators, media and do-gooders do their best to make the most of something that common sense has no part in

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Media still have 48 hours to pull another "scandal" out of their ass to take a dump on the season opening. Hang in there pops

POPEYE

Coach
Having very little to go on and it remains just a game no-one really gives a shit about the predictions of others, still, opinions are what make this forum go round.

Broncos look one of the most settled and should just carry on from last year, their biggest threat is that the Eels may indeed 'carry on' and not even Benny will have an antidote for their early season enthusiasm. On paper a Brisbane win is a no-brainer . . . famous last words

If the Dogs can't beat the Seagles in their first up lucky dip Barrett will be over the moon and Dessie will be mortified. The mob from Manly can only improve every game, their real enemy will be physical fragility, they could easily become the new Penrith

The old Penrith could have something to say about that, I've no idea if Jabba has hired the person he needs most, someone who knows how to teach injury avoidance, prevention and rehabilitation. No-one outside Humidityville will care this weekend, most eyes will be on Sticky's mob . . . let's hope crossed finger cramp is the only downer for the day

Ironic that 'Warriors' and 'on paper' should be used conjunctively, how the f**k could the Tigers beat them, the media condemnation will be beyond imagination. Of all 34 players the performance of Cherrington will be of most interest, how would you like to be Farrah's dog if Manaia has a blockbuster

If I didn't already shave my head I'd promise to shave it if Ben Barba plays up to scratch even for this game, let alone the season. Most interest is how well the Cowboys are going at resolving their slow starts, the Sharks won't come close if the real Green Machine swaps gears early

I have nfi what Latrell will learn on the Wing that he doesn't already know and Blake doesn't have enough time to learn what he needs to know about Fullback, why not give the inevitable an early beginning and put players where they belong Robbo. Doesn't really concern me much, in this game Damien Cook will have my full attention

Both the Titans and Knights will have to fly under the radar, not just for this game but for many to come, if they want to attract any attention whatsoever outside their domain. The most interest for me is the hope that Brown will become a Supercoach, nothing less will suffice . . . I've wasted enough energy on Henry

Naturally I'll be on the edge of my seat for the Storm/Dragons game, I want Melbourne to remain one of the perennial leaders they've always been. Funnily enough if the Dragons win in a good close contest and I get to say 'I told you so' over the performance of Centre Dugan and Fullback Mann I'll do a Bob Delgof . . . and not f**king mind at all

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Is Bellamy staying, or going? Either way it is going to have an effect & this is the week he is going to say...

Take a punt & tell me what you think his decision will be before it happens & consequences either way

Bob Geldof, The Great Song of Indifference... Now there's a song I haven't heard for a while or ever expected to see in a NRL post. Made my day. Ta. :)

POPEYE

Coach
Is Bellamy staying, or going? Either way it is going to have an effect & this is the week he is going to say...

Take a punt & tell me what you think his decision will be before it happens & consequences either way

Sorry ol'mate, since I don't want Cronk or Bellamy to leave I won't risk the hoodoo . . . no comment

POPEYE

Coach
Will be a little cynical heading into tonight's game, I'd not be talented enough to coach an NRL team but you don't have to be Einstein to play mind games, especially with people who are concentrating on keeping themselves physically up to a task

If there's one player Benny doesn't own it's Parker, imo Brisbane's most influential he will never be a lap dog, he says he wants interchange to 6 . . . because he knows his limitations are less than those of opposition buffoons. A wink and a nod will work with him whereas Thaiday is more susceptible to a raised eyebrow

Sam is really on the bench because at the first sign of a better player in his position he'll have to consider the ESL, not because interchange dictates it. Benny's way of keeping Sam's mind on the job is not rocket science even if he tries to convince the 'taken for granted naïve public' that it is

Shame if Foran is not fully operational, a token appearance on the field won't be good enough, he's not Thurston. The Broncos probably expect Parramatta mind games are being orchestrated but like a few others I believe Keiran is there just to do the job he did for Manly, Beau Scott is the designated one to get the inspirational ball rolling

POPEYE

Coach
I haven't read any reports as yet but as is the rule off the top of my head I'd say the WCC has struck a chord. If any referee worth more than a pint of cold piss didn't take notice of how the games were adjudicated then he is truly up himself

Imagining for a moment that I was a referee and my bosses spent zillions to inaugurate an apparatus that would turn me into a puppet I would take great pleasure in using it at least as possible . . . something Mr Silverwood believes in. Call it pride or just plain shitstirring, do the job you're paid to do

Given the track record of Australian referees I wouldn't mind betting they've been sat down, told to sit up straight and listen, don't let the referees of an 'inferior' competition make the NRL look like f**king idiots. Reminded that there are only 26 players on the field of play, not 28

Just to add, I thought the inconspicuous referees last night looked better than the old show ponies, I certainly took more notice of them

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
I'm going to declare the Dogs as favourites to win The Shield, they looked impressive last night and I can't think of a better way for them not to win it than tip them. If the Seagles are as good as the bookies have them carded then the Dogs must be favourites . . . thank f**k I can leave gambling to the mugs

Saw a headline where Isaac supposedly says he can be an 80 minute Hooker, if true that's what I call supreme optimism, I'm one of the many who want the Warriors to finish games like they should. I do wonder though does Luke mean he can stay on the field for 80 or impress for the 80 . . . something he did a handful of times when he was younger

Can't take any notice of the Eels' game, losing their key men and relying on Kelly who along with Mannah would make good Intrust Cup players gave a false impression. If Parra can keep their best team on the field they will do well, shame that not many clubs can do that . . . finding exciting replacements preferring opportunity over money would be a better way around the cap as well as eradicating supporter depression

I wonder how long the Bronco players can sustain their charge without giving Roberts the ball. Crikey it's not difficult to understand noses will be out of joint when a player who thinks his shit doesn't stink turns up but my guess is Benny won't put up with that rubbish much longer. Maybe the bloke isn't suffering Leprosy, maybe he hasn't learned the timetable and keeps missing the bus

Bigcoq

Juniors
f**kinJohnson!

How the **** can any player go well with that ****wit Johnson spoiling any structured plays and running around like a meth addict that just stole some Grannys hand bag? We at home know more about what he will do next than his coach and team mates...

POPEYE

Coach
He's not that bad, he could be as good a centre as Renouf given the chance . . . smart enough to play in the halves he's not

Latest posts