What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reebok in 2010

_Johnsy

Referee
This one has a collar, that would be a good start.
Jersey2006Maroon60thAnniversary.jpg

dragonsfan

Juniors
I heard a report at the start of the year that the Titans have signed a contract with Adidas for 2010....this must be why.

RedVGooner

Juniors
I heard a report at the start of the year that the Titans have signed a contract with Adidas for 2010....this must be why.

Yes, Adidas has signed with the Titans and only want them as they sole sponsor in the NRL which is a bizarre move by them because i thought the Dragons were doing good in merchandise sales but Adidas told the dragons they wont be sponsoring us next season as we now look like being with Reebok for next season

Doug2234

First Grade
Our sales arent close to being on par with the Titans merchandise.

For starters everyone hangs onto there Classic or Newmans Jerseys etc cause its cool and retro and no one wants to embrass the Wollongong or the St George. A lot of Dragons fans live in the past!!

Titans on the other hand have no old jerseys. At present Titans are Reebok anyway so im not sure why there switching. Every Titans fan doesnt have an old jersey to hang onto by another apparel sponsor.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Has anyone looked at the shop on the Dragons site? They have nothing, no adidas polos, not even the Red V jersey. They are hopeless. I'm a Red V member and get 20% off. 20% of nothing is nothing.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Has anyone looked at the shop on the Dragons site? They have nothing, no adidas polos, not even the Red V jersey. They are hopeless. I'm a Red V member and get 20% off. 20% of nothing is nothing.

The way Saints work their merchandise is a complete joke!! I was back home in April with hundreds of Euros burning a hole in my pocket to load up on Saints gear and there is no bricks-and-mortar club store to buy gear in.

I was told that it's all done online now, but that's no good when you want to try stuff on or get an idea of how it looks.

I ended up getting some stuff online - and even then I had problems because they held back on dispatchign my order as I didn't provide a postcode. But in Ireland, outside the city limits of Dublin NO-ONE has a postcode!!

If they worked it right, Saints merch could become a massive revenue stream but they're bollocksing it up at the moment.

PS: for what it's worth, the gear toy can get now for Liverpool with Adidas is far better than what you could get when it was Reebok.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Bump.

Was just browsing the web and saw some designs a guy had done for Dragons kits with reebok. Please note: These are not official designs, just some guy mucking around with ideas - pretty good ones too, I think, apart from the new emblem.

Source: gazzzaf.com

Attachments

• 2009_NRL_Dragons_Pri.jpg
    2009_NRL_Dragons_Pri.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 2009_NRL_Dragons_Alt.jpg
    2009_NRL_Dragons_Alt.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2009_NRL_Dragons_Sec_1.jpg
    2009_NRL_Dragons_Sec_1.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 46

slipperykinchela

First Grade
Titans on the other hand have no old jerseys. At present Titans are Reebok anyway so im not sure why there switching. Every Titans fan doesnt have an old jersey to hang onto by another apparel sponsor.

Watching yesterdays game, Adidas might do there ass as the Gold Coast had f**k all fans there

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Adidas are great jersey's but they sell 2 different types.

One of which is the same that the players use and is worth about $200 and the other is for the suppprters which costs about $160 and is obviously a cheaper imitation, plus the fact the jersey has a million sponsors all over it who would want to buy one of these jerseys?

The training gear is good but really expensive and usually always sold out. Anyone know where I can get a training singlet from?

STG-MACCA

Bench
Our sales arent close to being on par with the Titans merchandise.

For starters everyone hangs onto there Classic or Newmans Jerseys etc cause its cool and retro and no one wants to embrass the Wollongong or the St George. A lot of Dragons fans live in the past!!

Doug, I believe you are not correct. Adidas sales have gone through the roof and as such, they are looking to maximise their market share by increasing the revenue on their RBK branding and they see us as the best suckers to do this with (after it failed with Titans and Manly).

I own all the jerseys from late 70's on, and you will find almost all Saints fans would own more then one piece, this is a fact that not all league fans can claim.

How many times have you met a fan of another club and they don't own a single piece of merchandise and then think about your Saints acquaintances (even the ones that only get on us when we are winning).